It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:06 am

Toulouse v Cardiff Blues 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Toulouse v Cardiff Blues
najbritcol wrote:
Gotta love it how, both here and in other rugby fora, when a Welsh team does badly like Scarlets tonight we discuss it for pages and pages, but when a Welsh team does well - OK it was not entirely a full-strength team, but this is Toulouse we're talking about not Worcester - people hardly say a word. :sleepy2:

It will never happen for the Blues mate, the bitterness just runs too deep to give any praise. We could win the Pro14, Champions Cup and the Grand National and some people would find a way to say it was lucky.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Gotta love it how, both here and in other rugby fora, when a Welsh team does badly like Scarlets tonight we discuss it for pages and pages, but when a Welsh team does well - OK it was not entirely a full-strength team, but this is Toulouse we're talking about not Worcester - people hardly say a word. :sleepy2:

It will never happen for the Blues mate, the bitterness just runs too deep to give any praise. We could win the Pro14, Champions Cup and the Grand National and some people would find a way to say it was lucky.

What do you expect ? There's still a lot of bitterness amongst older rugby watchers who remember the part played by Cardiff in the demise of the Warriors, particularly the behind-the-scenes machinations of Peter Pieman.

That they have been less than successful these last years is a source of satisfaction to many. The Pieman is no asset to Welsh rugby and the day Cardiff win the Pro14 is the day I'll eat my own right leg.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Read a few match reports and sounds like blues youngsters did well

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:24 pm
Profile E-mail

JOHNWALES wrote:
The tide is turning !!! Scarlets lose two, Blues win two !!! And the Dragons showing signs of improvement.
Will Danny Wilson have a change of heart ?

Yeah, all the talk of the regions' demise is a tad hyperbolic imo. Blues have beaten two high-flying French teams, Scarlets are top of their Pro 14 conference and the Dragons have always been a poor side anyway. The one team where I do agree there is a real cause for concern is the Ospreys - though even their performances against Scarlets and Clermont were promising albeit still without a win. Could tonight against the Saracens actually spur them on?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Donkka wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

What do you expect ? There's still a lot of bitterness amongst older rugby watchers who remember the part played by Cardiff in the demise of the Warriors, particularly the behind-the-scenes machinations of Peter Pieman.

That they have been less than successful these last years is a source of satisfaction to many. The Pieman is no asset to Welsh rugby and the day Cardiff win the Pro14 is the day I'll eat my own right leg.

It was about 15 years ago! Anyway, I wasn't complaining, just pointing out the reality. Seems we agree.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
The tide is turning !!! Scarlets lose two, Blues win two !!! And the Dragons showing signs of improvement.
Will Danny Wilson have a change of heart ?

Yeah, all the talk of the regions' demise is a tad hyperbolic imo. Blues have beaten two high-flying French teams, Scarlets are top of their Pro 14 conference and the Dragons have always been a poor side anyway. The one team where I do agree there is a real cause for concern is the Ospreys - though even their performances against Scarlets and Clermont were promising albeit still without a win. Could tonight against the Saracens actually spur them on?

No, try writing detective novels

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:44 pm
World XV Player

Fantastic result!

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Or maybe because its a poor side playing in a 3rd rate tournaments that most of the sides in it don't even want to be in.

The fact that people quite correctly despise cardiff for what they did to the game means nothing - llanelli were and are every bit as bad yet they get pages of threads.

Ultimately a pointless win by an average side in a pointless tournament doesnt get people interested.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

String wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Or maybe because its a poor side playing in a 3rd rate tournaments that most of the sides in it don't even want to be in.

The fact that people quite correctly despise cardiff for what they did to the game means nothing - llanelli were and are every bit as bad yet they get pages of threads.

Ultimately a pointless win by an average side in a pointless tournament doesnt get people interested.

They may as well not bother playing at all. Just send the players out there telling them that Stiring says it l's a waste of time!

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Its the old european shield. Quite correct in saying they may as well not bother playing. Most of the sides involved, especially the French would rather not to have to play in it.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile WWW

The Challenge Cup was arguably better when Champions Cup pool runners-ups got to enter it at the knockout stage, which is how the Blues won it in 2010 and Leinster in 2013.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail