It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
The Scal's are not playing as they were last season, they've lost that edge.

Or the other teams have worked out ways to stop them.

Did you notice Bath policing the fast passing game, on the touchlines?

Early doors and they're still something of a threat. Need Steff Evans to stay healthy and other players like Barclay and Cubby back.

Sean

Fixed.

Don't think either of those would have made much difference, tonight was a night for Moriarty and players of that ilk. Gareth Davies is brain dead and Patchell is vastly overrated.

Cubby in particular would have secured more turnovers and possession.

Did Bath not struggle with existing injuries?

Sean

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:43 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

Early doors and they're still something of a threat. Need Steff Evans to stay healthy and other players like Barclay and Cubby back.

Sean

Fixed.

Don't think either of those would have made much difference, tonight was a night for Moriarty and players of that ilk. Gareth Davies is brain dead and Patchell is vastly overrated.

Did Bath not struggle with existing injuries?

Sean

To an extent, but they did have more players available for them today than last week against Treviso, most notably Priestland and Underhill.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Priestland was good but this forum seems to swing between extremes, either the best FH in the NH or completely useless. You know Wales have produced players that are just "good" or "average"? Priestland is one, there is a reason he was replaced by Biggar and it wasn't because of the media, it's because he had games where he would completely fall to pieces and start making stupid decisions. His game management today was pretty good but for Wales he was known to have some real howlers. This isn't due to being behind a weaker pack (Wales had the strongest back in the early 2010's) it was just him making really bad decisions. Biggar was Mr Consistent, nothing in the way of flair or creativity but able to play a solid game almost every game, which suited the way Wales and Gatland were playing at the time. A creative 10 who could flip between extremes was less valuable to Wales than one who could knock out a 7 out of 10 performance almost every game.

Ultimately happier with the result but still seeing the same problem with lazy forwards for Bath and the sooner we dump Brew the better. Banners came on and immediately was miles better. It's not that Brew is average, he is extremely thick. He is a big, brawny wing but that's it. No handling, non-existent aerial game, no creativity, no awareness, nothing special speed or acceleration wise and haven't seen him sidestep yet.

I agree about Brew.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:13 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

Sean

Fixed.

Naj I understand your chagrin, I think you expected to make serious inroads into the RCC this season: thus far it hasn't happened and if you lose another fixture I'd say it's unlikely. Bath were the better team tonight.

Sean

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

Sean

Fixed.

So what? Other then the one try they never threatened Bath's defence...They were tactically beatmer by a better team.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:27 am
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

Sean

Fixed.

Naj I understand your chagrin, I think you expected to make serious inroads into the RCC this season: thus far it hasn't happened and if you lose another fixture I'd say it's unlikely. Bath were the better team tonight.

Sean

Yes, they were excellent at they key axis positions of 8,9 and 10, whereas the Scarlets were abject at all 3. The one player the Scarlets did miss was Barclay. I also think Ken Owens should not be captain.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:30 am

Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

Sean

Fixed.

Sean

Yes, they were excellent at they key axis positions of 8,9 and 10, whereas the Scarlets were abject at all 3. The one player the Scarlets did miss was Barclay. I also think Ken Owens should not be captain.

Indeed. He is a good solid player for sure, and a nice guy, but he isn't vocal or clued-up enough to be captain imo. Any of the main centres, be it Foxy, Scott or Hadleigh would be somewhat better.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:02 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Scarlets were rubbish, so were Bath, so was the weather. Bath won off Scarlets errors and kicked the points, Bath made fewer errors and deserved the win. Scarlets need to improve the wet weather game in the forwards and at half back if they are to win this group.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 am
thread ruining clique

I see Priestland is back to being the best player in the world again. Good for him. A good recovery, after being the worst player in the world. Mind you, that dip in form was surprising, given how he'd previously been the best player in the world.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 am
World XV Player

Bath played the conditions better and looked a lot more experienced

Scarlets looked pretty frustrated at the end there. See if they can bounce back from this

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well what about that then. Priestland comes back to PyS and puts in a MOTM performance to beat his old team. Cruel mun. :cheers:

Weather and 5 day turnaround hurt the Scarlets. They didn't have the intensity or line speed that we normally see from them and way too many errors with what little possession they had. The scrum penalties all went one way as well which was mystifying seeing the Scarlets appeared to be dominant in that area.

Hats off to Bath though. They came with a plan and it worked for them. Congrats to the Bath supporters on here, victory was yours and I think its a two horse race between Bath and Toulon for the 1/4 final spot now. :clap:

As for me, gutted.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 pm
World XV Player

Chips down for Scarlets.

One of their assets has been their team ethic and overall motivation.

They'll need that now and must ride out the two losses.

They don't become a worse team overnight, they'll have to maybe curb their all out attacking aspect a little and work their way out of this one.

It could be formative for them and may make them an even better team :thumbup:

Just keep the motivation going and and see it out ....

I'm disappointed.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 pm
World XV Player

I'm disappointed too

It's not about champagne or beach rugby but scarlets need to play the game at pace

Working how to up the tempo when the opposition slow the game down or kick well is something they will need to work on

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail

simondavis wrote:
Scarlets were rubbish, so were Bath, so was the weather. Bath won off Scarlets errors and kicked the points, Bath made fewer errors and deserved the win. Scarlets need to improve the wet weather game in the forwards and at half back if they are to win this group.

In weather like that, winning by making fewer errors is the gameplan you should play. It's not great fun to watch but pragmatic, conservative play is a must when it is absolutely pissing it down.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Did anyone count how many Scally passes went directly into touch? Why in hell didn't the Scarlets play to the weather conditions? If you are going to play wide rugby, especially out of defence, then you have to make absolutely certain your passes go to hand!
For sure, the weather won this game helped by Scarlets mistakes but, as ever, it's the same for both sides! Well done to Bath for at least trying to play the game according to what the weather allowed!

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:23 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next