It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4337
Location: North of England
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
spinbreath wrote:
I see Priestland is back to being the best player in the world again. Good for him. A good recovery, after being the worst player in the world. Mind you, that dip in form was surprising, given how he'd previously been the best player in the world.


... :D that made me laugh.

Sean


Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7272
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Tony Panties wrote:
Chips down for Scarlets.

One of their assets has been their team ethic and overall motivation.

They'll need that now and must ride out the two losses.

They don't become a worse team overnight, they'll have to maybe curb their all out attacking aspect a little and work their way out of this one.

It could be formative for them and may make them an even better team :thumbup:

Just keep the motivation going and and see it out ....

I'm disappointed.


These are two narrow losses. Last night was a bad match mainly the result of the weather.


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2183
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Cymru am byth wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Chips down for Scarlets.

One of their assets has been their team ethic and overall motivation.

They'll need that now and must ride out the two losses.

They don't become a worse team overnight, they'll have to maybe curb their all out attacking aspect a little and work their way out of this one.

It could be formative for them and may make them an even better team :thumbup:

Just keep the motivation going and and see it out ....

I'm disappointed.


These are two narrow losses. Last night was a bad match mainly the result of the weather for which the Scarlets didn't have a proper gameplan.


Fixed.


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7272
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
najbritcol wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Chips down for Scarlets.

One of their assets has been their team ethic and overall motivation.

They'll need that now and must ride out the two losses.

They don't become a worse team overnight, they'll have to maybe curb their all out attacking aspect a little and work their way out of this one.

It could be formative for them and may make them an even better team :thumbup:

Just keep the motivation going and and see it out ....

I'm disappointed.


These are two narrow losses. Last night was a bad match mainly the result of the weather for which the Scarlets didn't have a proper gameplan.


Fixed.


Well maybe so, but we are at risk of falling to the same problem we always have.

- Wales/Scarlets are the best, they lose and then they are the worst.

How about we see the Scarlets as a team that narrowly missed out on two games and are a developing team?


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22810
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Or a team that cant adapt its game plan, wasn't that narrow for a defeat, has peaked and on the slide?

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2183
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
String wrote:
Or a team that cant adapt its game plan, wasn't that narrow for a defeat, has peaked and on the slide?


That is too OTT.


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2217
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

_________________
Image


Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59720
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
I see Priestland is back to being the best player in the world again. Good for him. A good recovery, after being the worst player in the world. Mind you, that dip in form was surprising, given how he'd previously been the best player in the world.


... :D that made me laugh.

Sean


Not bipolar, the Welsh... ;)

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:54 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35186
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Troron wrote:
Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

Yes that's right, the weather favoured Bath this weekend and had it been a dry evening the conditions would have favoured the Scarlets. But for me, the 5 day turnaround for the Scarlets was a key factor which cannot be ignored.

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 88061
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:
Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

Yes that's right, the weather favoured Bath this weekend and had it been a dry evening the conditions would have favoured the Scarlets. But for me, the 5 day turnaround for the Scarlets was a key factor which cannot be ignored.


Phew thats alright then, as long as it wasn't the club fault :D

Hey, if the moon had been rising in Capricorn you would have walked it by 30 points.

_________________
Be a Snowflake. Winter is coming.


Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:27 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35186
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Fids the Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:
Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

Yes that's right, the weather favoured Bath this weekend and had it been a dry evening the conditions would have favoured the Scarlets. But for me, the 5 day turnaround for the Scarlets was a key factor which cannot be ignored.


Phew thats alright then, as long as it wasn't the club fault :D

Hey, if the moon had been rising in Capricorn you would have walked it by 30 points.
I held back from mentioning the Capricorn effect. :dontknow: :thefinger:

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2217
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:
Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

Yes that's right, the weather favoured Bath this weekend and had it been a dry evening the conditions would have favoured the Scarlets. But for me, the 5 day turnaround for the Scarlets was a key factor which cannot be ignored.


Nope but they aren't the only team to suffer than in the competition. Wasps had the 5 day turnaround for their first game, combined with a massive injury crisis.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25827
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
people predicting Scarlets would win pool put the kiss of death on us.
We don't do favourites well...! its the Welsh way... :)


Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25827
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
people predicting Scarlets would win pool put the kiss of death on us.
We don't do favourites well...! its the Welsh way... :)


Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35186
Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
Troron wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:
Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

Yes that's right, the weather favoured Bath this weekend and had it been a dry evening the conditions would have favoured the Scarlets. But for me, the 5 day turnaround for the Scarlets was a key factor which cannot be ignored.


Nope but they aren't the only team to suffer than in the competition. Wasps had the 5 day turnaround for their first game, combined with a massive injury crisis.
I remember one of the old Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan films where Tarzan was asked 'what should you make sure of before going into a fight after a hundred mile journey' and Tarzan replied 'make sure the other guy was the one who made the 100 mile journey'.

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: