It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P 
World XV Player

Post Re: Scarlets v Bath aka Rhys P v Rhys P
spinbreath wrote:
I see Priestland is back to being the best player in the world again. Good for him. A good recovery, after being the worst player in the world. Mind you, that dip in form was surprising, given how he'd previously been the best player in the world.

... :D that made me laugh.

Sean

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Chips down for Scarlets.

One of their assets has been their team ethic and overall motivation.

They'll need that now and must ride out the two losses.

They don't become a worse team overnight, they'll have to maybe curb their all out attacking aspect a little and work their way out of this one.

It could be formative for them and may make them an even better team :thumbup:

Just keep the motivation going and and see it out ....

I'm disappointed.

These are two narrow losses. Last night was a bad match mainly the result of the weather.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Chips down for Scarlets.

They don't become a worse team overnight, they'll have to maybe curb their all out attacking aspect a little and work their way out of this one.

I'm disappointed.

These are two narrow losses. Last night was a bad match mainly the result of the weather for which the Scarlets didn't have a proper gameplan.

Fixed.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Chips down for Scarlets.

I'm disappointed.

These are two narrow losses. Last night was a bad match mainly the result of the weather for which the Scarlets didn't have a proper gameplan.

Fixed.

Well maybe so, but we are at risk of falling to the same problem we always have.

- Wales/Scarlets are the best, they lose and then they are the worst.

How about we see the Scarlets as a team that narrowly missed out on two games and are a developing team?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Or a team that cant adapt its game plan, wasn't that narrow for a defeat, has peaked and on the slide?

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Profile WWW

String wrote:
Or a team that cant adapt its game plan, wasn't that narrow for a defeat, has peaked and on the slide?

That is too OTT.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
I see Priestland is back to being the best player in the world again. Good for him. A good recovery, after being the worst player in the world. Mind you, that dip in form was surprising, given how he'd previously been the best player in the world.

... :D that made me laugh.

Sean

Not bipolar, the Welsh... ;)

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:54 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Are people forgetting that the weather affects both sides? Only being able to play 1 style of rugby is a perfectly valid criticism. You must play to the conditions and if the conditions aren't what you want then tough, the other side has to deal with the same. Do you think it would be valid if it was sunny, Scarlets ran around Bath and then Bath turned around and said the conditions favoured Scarlets and they only lost because the weather suited their game plan?

Any team that aspires to be consistently good must be able to play multiple styles. Sarries do this well. They can play open rugby but are also very capable of playing a tight, controlling game. If it rains they can play the %ages.

Yes that's right, the weather favoured Bath this weekend and had it been a dry evening the conditions would have favoured the Scarlets. But for me, the 5 day turnaround for the Scarlets was a key factor which cannot be ignored.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:

Yes that's right, the weather favoured Bath this weekend and had it been a dry evening the conditions would have favoured the Scarlets. But for me, the 5 day turnaround for the Scarlets was a key factor which cannot be ignored.

Phew thats alright then, as long as it wasn't the club fault :D

Hey, if the moon had been rising in Capricorn you would have walked it by 30 points.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:27 am
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:

Phew thats alright then, as long as it wasn't the club fault :D

Hey, if the moon had been rising in Capricorn you would have walked it by 30 points.
I held back from mentioning the Capricorn effect. :dontknow: :thefinger:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am

ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:

Nope but they aren't the only team to suffer than in the competition. Wasps had the 5 day turnaround for their first game, combined with a massive injury crisis.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

people predicting Scarlets would win pool put the kiss of death on us.
We don't do favourites well...! its the Welsh way... :)

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

people predicting Scarlets would win pool put the kiss of death on us.
We don't do favourites well...! its the Welsh way... :)

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Troron wrote:

Nope but they aren't the only team to suffer than in the competition. Wasps had the 5 day turnaround for their first game, combined with a massive injury crisis.
I remember one of the old Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan films where Tarzan was asked 'what should you make sure of before going into a fight after a hundred mile journey' and Tarzan replied 'make sure the other guy was the one who made the 100 mile journey'.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next