It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:12 am

Glasgow vs Leinster, Saturday. 
World XV Player

Post Re: Glasgow vs Leinster, Saturday.
Bloody good match ... some of the HIAs a bit worrying.

Leinster showing the way and backing up Saracens as favs

Leins BP... impressive

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:54 pm
World XV Player

In a way its nice to see HIAs used for actual head injuries rather than to give a player a rest for a few mins.

Away BP for Leinster which in easily the toughest group is going to be vital, glasgow are out of the tournament effectively.

Strange game, Glasgow more exciting, Leinster more practical. Enjoyable.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Club Player

String wrote:
Glasgow far more exciting, expansive rugby albeit with handling errors. More exciting to watch.
But Leinster have a good wet weather game plan and Sexton is running it well.

Think you need to clean your glasses mate - nothing remotely exciting about constantly knocking on, over-running, dropping the ball etc., etc.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Teams actually trying to play rugby. I also find breaks, 60m+ runs and cutting through the middle exciting. Which glasgow did plenty of. Good positive play. But probably not the right play for the conditions despite the fake pitch.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Well we beat what has been a difficult team for us. Glasgow are as enterprising as they are full of pace.

Sextons try should have been disallowed, as the ball went clearly forward, 2-3 phases before, but we'll take it.

Can't be letting teams take 20+ yards.straight though our centre, but Noel Reid showed signs of progress.

I slept through the Hibs-Celtic match at Hampden, but happily the score consoled me.

Sean

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Garces allowing Leinster breakdown blocking but penalizes the same for Glasgow....

And lets forget that Glasgow are taking Leinster players out well beyond the rugby in virtually every single ruck and getting away with it.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail