It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:07 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11034
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Good result Scarlets

Good game, Tln did comeback and eventually earned thei win.

Cup rugby and another good ad for Champs Cup

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Can we please discuss the game and drop the infantlie name calling ?


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22810
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Both games today have been far lower quality than yesterdays. Both affected unduly by officials as well.

1 game to go but 2nd half only as its 10 mile run time first.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3282
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Yep competed hard against a top side

Probably Toulon shaded it and deserved a win but scarlets deserved to come away with something

Some good individual performances particularly from wyn jones and ball from a Welsh perspective


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59720
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Tony Panties wrote:
Good result Scarlets

Good game, Tln did comeback and eventually earned thei win.

Cup rugby and another good ad for Champs Cup


Halfpenny's missed kicks the difference...we really missed Barclay and James Davies..

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:11 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11034
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Fair dos Bastereaud has been oft criticised.

He was good today as was Nonu and denied Scarlets in many ways

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Scarlets very lucky to come away with a point, were blown away in the first 40. Not at all sure it's a foregone conclusion at Parc-y-Scarlets as some may think.

JD and Halfpenny to name two need to improve and Ken Owens really needs to up his game if they are to progress from the pool.


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11034
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Good result Scarlets

Good game, Tln did comeback and eventually earned thei win.

Cup rugby and another good ad for Champs Cup


Halfpenny's missed kicks the difference...we really missed Barclay and James Davies..


Dont think injury lists apply, Tln have a long injury list and key orwards


But I do take your point in that respect

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:19 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59720
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Donkka wrote:
Scarlets very lucky to come away with a point, were blown away in the first 40. Not at all sure it's a foregone conclusion at Parc-y-Scarlets as some may think.

JD and Halfpenny to name two need to improve and Ken Owens really needs to up his game if they are to progress from the pool.


We gifted them 2 tries and should have won anyway...JD was marking two men most of the day and played well.

Ken has been poor since the Lions tour and Elias is pushing hard to start.

Lee anchored the scrum really well.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:20 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3282
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Langland Exile wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Scarlets very lucky to come away with a point, were blown away in the first 40. Not at all sure it's a foregone conclusion at Parc-y-Scarlets as some may think.

JD and Halfpenny to name two need to improve and Ken Owens really needs to up his game if they are to progress from the pool.


We gifted them 2 tries and should have won anyway...JD was marking two men most of the day and played well.

Ken has been poor since the Lions tour and Elias is pushing hard to start.

Lee anchored the scrum really well.


Really don't agree with donkka here,

Scarlets won that second half by some margin, well deserved losing bonus point


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11034
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Langland Exile wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Scarlets very lucky to come away with a point, were blown away in the first 40. Not at all sure it's a foregone conclusion at Parc-y-Scarlets as some may think.

JD and Halfpenny to name two need to improve and Ken Owens really needs to up his game if they are to progress from the pool.


We gifted them 2 tries and should have won anyway...JD was marking two men most of the day and played well.

Ken has been poor since the Lions tour and Elias is pushing hard to start.

Lee anchored the scrum really well.


Can't agree, ultimately fortunate to come away with a bonus in last 5

Have to consider the game full 80, Scrlets weren't in it in first 20

Scrlets were great and desrerved the BP, now win at Pys and prove i.


Tough group

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59720
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Good result Scarlets

Good game, Tln did comeback and eventually earned thei win.

Cup rugby and another good ad for Champs Cup


Halfpenny's missed kicks the difference...we really missed Barclay and James Davies..


Dont think injury lists apply, Tln have a long injury list and key orwards


But I do take your point in that respect


I mention those two as the gap with their replacements is huge.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59720
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Scarlets very lucky to come away with a point, were blown away in the first 40. Not at all sure it's a foregone conclusion at Parc-y-Scarlets as some may think.

JD and Halfpenny to name two need to improve and Ken Owens really needs to up his game if they are to progress from the pool.


We gifted them 2 tries and should have won anyway...JD was marking two men most of the day and played well.

Ken has been poor since the Lions tour and Elias is pushing hard to start.

Lee anchored the scrum really well.


Can't agree, ultimately fortunate to come away with a bonus in last 5

Have to consider the game full 80, Scrlets weren't in it in first 20

Scrlets were great and desrerved the BP, now win at Pys and prove i.


Tough group


Halfpenny is being paid a lot of money to make pressure kicks....he missed key ones today that made the difference to the scoreboard....scores on doors and all that....

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:28 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11034
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Scarlets very lucky to come away with a point, were blown away in the first 40. Not at all sure it's a foregone conclusion at Parc-y-Scarlets as some may think.

JD and Halfpenny to name two need to improve and Ken Owens really needs to up his game if they are to progress from the pool.


We gifted them 2 tries and should have won anyway...JD was marking two men most of the day and played well.

Ken has been poor since the Lions tour and Elias is pushing hard to start.

Lee anchored the scrum really well.


Can't agree, ultimately fortunate to come away with a bonus in last 5

Have to consider the game full 80, Scrlets weren't in it in first 20

Scrlets were great and desrerved the BP, now win at Pys and prove i.


Tough group


Halfpenny is being paid a lot of money to make pressure kicks....he missed key ones today that made the difference to the scoreboard....scores on doors and all that....


Exactly

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:31 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: Toulon/Scarlets 1st Rnd Champions Cup
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Scarlets very lucky to come away with a point, were blown away in the first 40. Not at all sure it's a foregone conclusion at Parc-y-Scarlets as some may think.

JD and Halfpenny to name two need to improve and Ken Owens really needs to up his game if they are to progress from the pool.


We gifted them 2 tries and should have won anyway...JD was marking two men most of the day and played well.

Ken has been poor since the Lions tour and Elias is pushing hard to start.

Lee anchored the scrum really well.


Really don't agree with donkka here,

Scarlets won that second half by some margin, well deserved losing bonus point


Granted they scored 20 points in the second half but Toulon were camped on their line at the end and it seemed harder not to score than score. Still, they were kept out and that's all that matters in the end.


Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: