It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Osps/Clermont Rnd 1 2017/2018 Champs Cup 
World XV Player

Post Re: Osps/Clermont Rnd 1 2017/2018 Champs Cup
Sarries in a class of their own and Sanjay has improved them

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:00 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

I attended it. It was a much better game than some here suggest. Although the Ospreys yet again lost in the end (btw, apparently it is the FIRST time they've ever lost to a French team at the Liberty), once they woke up after the opening ten minutes they proved they are still a formidable and competitive force. (The beloved Scarlets also conceded two tries in the opening ten minutes, but no one seems to be criticising them in the same way).

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:44 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
I attended it. It was a much better game than some here suggest. Although the Ospreys yet again lost in the end (btw, apparently it is the FIRST time they've ever lost to a French team at the Liberty), once they woke up after the opening ten minutes they proved they are still a formidable and competitive force. (The beloved Scarlets also conceded two tries in the opening ten minutes, but no one seems to be criticising them in the same way).

if you can't see the difference between the situations, perhaps time to follow a different sport?
Do they still plays bowls in Mumbles?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 am
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

Actually I think the 2 tries in the first 10 mins caused probs for Clerm :kermit: .

Sounds silly, but I have watched them so many times just go lethargic when they are in what seems a comfortable position. They are a strange side and given a head on game they seem a different team. They seem to have regular psyche probs, how many finals they've failed!

I know that it sounds bizarre but they sometimes flop into a defensive mode under these conditions and don't get out of it.

Having said that they are in poor form in general and their current odds or odds prior to the Osps match are well overstated!. La Roc put over 50 on 'em
and their league position reflects it.

Before the ceiling falls in, ... the Osps were somewhat rejuvenated and although impotent with so much ball they did win a helluva lot of ball and territory against a v good team despite their probs.

Some better team motivation too. I thought that AWJ was outstanding and Brew too. The thought of the team without AWJ, Brew and Biggar is frightening. Feel for Baker the injury looked horrid.

A game can provide a sea change and let's hope this one will.

It certainly wasn't impressive but it was a lot better and showed some quality.

Euro a bridge too far but a better horizon for Pro14.

Think positive!

Before the

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 am
World XV Player

Ospreys coach Steve Tandy said: "Baker had a bad one. We will have to wait 24 to 48 hours until we will know more."

However, he acknowledged the replacement of scrum-half Webb was more precautionary.

"I think Rhys was just cramping up. He's been banged up after not playing too much recently so it was probably just fatigue," he said. "Hopefully it's not too serious."

Oops.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:03 am
World XV Player

PS ref my post above, forgot to mention Tipuric he was, as usual, everywhere! :thumbup:

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:13 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Actually I think the 2 tries in the first 10 mins caused probs for Clerm :kermit: .

Sounds silly, but I have watched them so many times just go lethargic when they are in what seems a comfortable position. They are a strange side and given a head on game they seem a different team. They seem to have regular psyche probs, how many finals they've failed!

I know that it sounds bizarre but they sometimes flop into a defensive mode under these conditions and don't get out of it.

Having said that they are in poor form in general and their current odds or odds prior to the Osps match are well overstated!. La Roc put over 50 on 'em

Before the ceiling falls in, ... the Osps were somewhat rejuvenated and although impotent with so much ball they did win a helluva lot of ball and territory against a v good team despite their probs.

Some better team motivation too. I thought that AWJ was outstanding and Brew too. The thought of the team without AWJ, Brew and Biggar is frightening. Feel for Baker the injury looked horrid.

Think positive!

Before the

Whos is Brew for the Ospreys?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:39 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
[Whos is Brew for the Ospreys?

I continually think Webb and writ Brew :scratch:
I'm worried about me.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Think positive!

Before the

I'm inclined to agree to an extent.

To have that much possession against any team is impressive, as impressive as infuriating that they failed to do anything with it

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I'm surprised that the stats say the Ospreys had 70% possession - it really didn't look or feel like it when being there!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

if you can't see the difference between the situations, perhaps time to follow a different sport?

The only difference (admittedly an important one) is the form of the two West Wales teams prior to those matches. The actual defensive lapses and sloppiness in the opening exchanges were pretty similar in both cases. (Btw, I like both West Wales teams and don't have a preference for one over the other. Were it not for them, we'd have a Wales team made up mostly if not entirely of Blues and Dragons players - just imagine that!)

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
[, I like both West Wales teams and don't have a preference for one over the other. Were it not for them, we'd have a Wales team made up mostly if not entirely of Blues and Dragons players - just imagine that!)

Have to get my head round that one Naj :scratch:

Merge 'em and we might get a consistent high performing Club?

Makes sense.

\Tel goes to find ads for Air raid shelters ...

:walk:

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 pm
Regional Player

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Yes they still do play bowls here :clap:

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
[, I like both West Wales teams and don't have a preference for one over the other. Were it not for them, we'd have a Wales team made up mostly if not entirely of Blues and Dragons players - just imagine that!)

Makes sense.

Even a combined Blues/Dragons side would not be that formidable. On the other hand, a combined Ospreys/Scarlets side would not just lose narrowly to Clermont and Toulon, they'd be thrashing them! In all seriousness, I could see a combined West Wales team regularly winning the European Cup, but not a combined East Wales team (at least as things currently stand).

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Makes sense.

Even a combined Blues/Dragons side would not be that formidable. On the other hand, a combined Ospreys/Scarlets side would not just lose narrowly to Clermont and Toulon, they'd be thrashing them! In all seriousness, I could see a combined West Wales team regularly winning the European Cup, but not a combined East Wales team (at least as things currently stand).

Who from the Ospreys would get into the Scarlets 15? Biggar is not the right type of 10, Webb, maybe AWJ for 50 minutes, Tips vs James Davies...hmmm

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next