It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 pm

BT Sport TV rights EPCR rugby ... 
World XV Player

Post BT Sport TV rights EPCR rugby ...
Gwlad has posted the following which gives BT exclusive rights to EPCR rugby.
So that's Sky finally eliminated?

http://sport.bt.com/rugby-union/bt-spor ... 4191963884

French Top14 LNR AGM also reports an increased revenue from EPCR last Season but I can't find any details as to how much.

I queried EPCR some time ago and they told me that EPCR Accounts are not available to the public.

Any increased revenue from new contract etc will feed the agreed share-out and guaranteed aspects.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:46 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: BT Sport TV rights EPCR rugby ...
Just need the 5 major sponsors they said they had lined up now.

BT coverage is awful, even worse pundits and commentators than ITV. Glad I don't watch rugby anymore, it was getting hard listening to all the bullsit and the bullshit factor just went up by several degree's.

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:15 pm
Site Admin

I wonder if Sky will now try to acquire more pro-12 rugby or just concentrate on SH and Internationals?

Sky left with just the 2nd tier English, Pro 12 and England and Ireland home games. BT also rumoured to be gunning for the next Lions Tour

If they can win more Premier League football from Sky they have a real chance of doing some real damage to Murdoch's hideous empire. Long may it continue

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
I wonder if Sky will now try to acquire more pro-12 rugby or just concentrate on SH and Internationals?

Sky left with just the 2nd tier English, Pro 12 and England and Ireland home games. BT also rumoured to be gunning for the next Lions Tour

If they can win more Premier League football from Sky they have a real chance of doing some real damage to Murdoch's hideous empire. Long may it continue

Would like to see BT get the Lions tbh? anything has to be better than what sky have done, especially this tour. Plus would mean no more Barnes :occasion5:

Their pre shows and specials are very good imo and I don't mind the 'team' they have commentating and presenting either.....even Austin Healey has grown on me! :shock: :|

The pro 12 is really lacking in exposure compared to what BT are doing with the Aviva. They have weekly programs and specials where as the pro 12 only has scrumV which is stuck in the 90's if we're honest. The rugby show on BT have 'special guests' and behind the scenes look at different clubs etc.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

They show the Aviva Games over here on MSNBC and Corbisero is good value. It portrays most grounds as pretty well attended and it's an enjoyable watch.

The Aviva midseason games seem to be a bit more intense than the Pro 12 ones, which may or may not be true.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:04 pm
Site Admin

Prys#1 wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:

Would like to see BT get the Lions tbh? anything has to be better than what sky have done, especially this tour. Plus would mean no more Barnes :occasion5:

Their pre shows and specials are very good imo and I don't mind the 'team' they have commentating and presenting either.....even Austin Healey has grown on me! :shock: :|

The pro 12 is really lacking in exposure compared to what BT are doing with the Aviva. They have weekly programs and specials where as the pro 12 only has scrumV which is stuck in the 90's if we're honest. The rugby show on BT have 'special guests' and behind the scenes look at different clubs etc.

How many people watch the BT Sport Aviva Show though, I suspect it's less than watch Scrum V on BBC Wales.

Rugby in general, like cricket is suffering from a lack of exposure on Terrestrial TV

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

Free to air is getting sold down the river.

Shame on Mrs May, shame!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:40 am
World XV Player

Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:

How many people watch the BT Sport Aviva Show though, I suspect it's less than watch Scrum V on BBC Wales.

Rugby in general, like cricket is suffering from a lack of exposure on Terrestrial TV

Don't know?

I watch it and very rarely watch scrum V

Have Sky got a weekly program based around the pro 12? :dontknow:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Keep the rugby on terrestrial. The Pro 12 doesn't have people watching it as it is. We've talked about this loads of times but O don't think free viewing is the problem.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

rogers fault

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
rogers fault

Yep, he peed against the wind and didn't recognise the inevitable.....PRW now share the Welsh presence.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:11 pm
World XV Player

The Aviva gets a lot of coverage in national papers and radio, it gets a lot of (Extremely hyped up) exposure outside of TV that the PRo 12 doesn't.

I'd suggest the lack of sponsors for the main event is indicative of a general lack of interest in buying ad time during the games for broadcasters.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:13 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:
rogers fault

Yep, he peed against the wind and didn't recognise the inevitable.....PRW now share the Welsh presence.

The game is on its arse but all people care about is petit social media point scoring, hows that fiddle of yours?

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:57 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:
rogers fault

The game is on its arse but all people care about is petit social media point scoring, hows that fiddle of yours?

Just fancied some fly fishing Fids,

Greenwells Glory strikes again.

Don't worry, I'll put you back in again ;)

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:28 pm
World XV Player

Stop twisting Tel, your caught out again.

Man up.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:22 pm