It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Any whelm for the European Cup's? 

Have you whelm?
Yes. 53%  53%  [ 7 ]
No. 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Aliens. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Any whelm for the European Cup's? 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10464
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Pro12 promise whithers on the vine again.
Inevitable disappointment.

-I'll get my coat

:clown:

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:12 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Tony Panties wrote:
Pro12 promise whithers on the vine again.
Inevitable disappointment.

-I'll get my coat

:clown:



That should come as no surprise. Particularly when teams within the P12 have to compete in a competition dominated by Franglais clubs based around the ever burgeoning football model. Teams such as Saracens who carry a debt of approx £48M, about three times it's annual turnover. Debt which causes no concerns to the PRL cartel, because they're backed by the massively wealthy Billionaire Rupert and the SA backers. A successful team which has a ground that swells to tiny proportions, which is an irrelevance. No, not surprised at all, as there is not a team on planet earth that can compete with that, let alone the the P12. As for the Irish teams, they did well to get as far as they did, which is something in Wales thats still a pipe dream. That is the bottom line in this wholly financially unbalanced competition, which I for one have totally lost interest in.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10464
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Llew wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Pro12 promise whithers on the vine again.
Inevitable disappointment.

-I'll get my coat

:clown:



That should come as no surprise. Particularly when teams within the P12 have to compete in a competition dominated by Franglais clubs based around the ever burgeoning football model. Teams such as Saracens who carry a debt of approx £48M, about three times it's annual turnover. Debt which causes no concerns to the PRL cartel, because they're backed by the massively wealthy Billionaire Rupert and the SA backers. A successful team which has a ground that swells to tiny proportions, which is an irrelevance. No, not surprised at all, as there is not a team on planet earth that can compete with that, let alone the the P12. As for the Irish teams, they did well to get as far as they did, which is something in Wales thats still a pipe dream. That is the bottom line in this wholly financially unbalanced competition, which I for one have totally lost interest in.



#1 ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12411
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
i can't see past a sarries win, and a comfortable one at that. sarries are just too well disciplined and do the basics very, very well. they just don't make mistakes either.


Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1964
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Scarlets ran Saracens close. :cheers:


Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10464
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
najbritcol wrote:
Scarlets ran Saracens close. :cheers:


True, but ....
Typical Naj isolated , cherry picked example that when analysed means very little in the context of the total

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:47 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1964
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Scarlets ran Saracens close. :cheers:


True, but ....
Typical Naj isolated , cherry picked example that when analysed means very little in the context of the total


Well it is telling they were the only European opponents they faced recently who really challenged them.


Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:37 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10464
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Scarlets ran Saracens close. :cheers:


True, but ....
Typical Naj isolated , cherry picked example that when analysed means very little in the context of the total


Well it is telling they were the only European opponents they faced recently who really challenged them.


Their european/Aviva league teams beat ´em ;)

They are 3rd in the table

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 87973
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink

_________________
Vote Covfefe

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening


Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1964
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Fids the Blindside wrote:
I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink


Don't undermine Scarlets' near-victory. (I still think that Chris Ashton try at the end was illegitimate).


Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10464
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
najbritcol wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink


Don't undermine Scarlets' near-victory. (I still think that Chris Ashton try at the end was illegitimate).

Naj,

Not discrediting it ... they played v well and couldve/shouldve won it.

Just putting one of your cherry picked examples into a more total and real context.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
Posts: 30240
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
najbritcol wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink


Don't undermine Scarlets' near-victory. (I still think that Chris Ashton try at the end was illegitimate).
Nearly is still second best or looser.

_________________
You cannot enslave my mind, therefore I will always be a free man.
I can count my true friends on the hairs on the palms of my hands.


Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1964
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Thegrimriper wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink


Don't undermine Scarlets' near-victory. (I still think that Chris Ashton try at the end was illegitimate).
Nearly is still second best or looser.


They drew, not lost.


Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1964
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink


Don't undermine Scarlets' near-victory. (I still think that Chris Ashton try at the end was illegitimate).

Naj,

Not discrediting it ... they played v well and couldve/shouldve won it.

Just putting one of your cherry picked examples into a more total and real context.


Regarding Saracens being only third in the Aviva Premiership: that is mostly explained by their disproportionate contribution to the England national team and subsequent losses during the 6N, including to Worcester! (Btw, it is strange how people here and in other rugby fora treat the Ospreys losing to Treviso as a scandal and symptomatic of wider problems in the team and Welsh rugby etc. etc., but don't criticise Saracens, and for that matter Bath too, for losing against Worcester).


Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 1964
Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Oh, and Bath recently lost against Bristol too, so where is all the outrage and criticism over that?


Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: