Any whelm for the European Cup's? 

Have you whelm?
Yes. 53%  53%  [ 7 ]
No. 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Aliens. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Any whelm for the European Cup's? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Any whelm for the European Cup's?
Pro12 promise whithers on the vine again.
Inevitable disappointment.

-I'll get my coat

:clown:

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:12 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

-I'll get my coat

That should come as no surprise. Particularly when teams within the P12 have to compete in a competition dominated by Franglais clubs based around the ever burgeoning football model. Teams such as Saracens who carry a debt of approx £48M, about three times it's annual turnover. Debt which causes no concerns to the PRL cartel, because they're backed by the massively wealthy Billionaire Rupert and the SA backers. A successful team which has a ground that swells to tiny proportions, which is an irrelevance. No, not surprised at all, as there is not a team on planet earth that can compete with that, let alone the the P12. As for the Irish teams, they did well to get as far as they did, which is something in Wales thats still a pipe dream. That is the bottom line in this wholly financially unbalanced competition, which I for one have totally lost interest in.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

-I'll get my coat

That should come as no surprise. Particularly when teams within the P12 have to compete in a competition dominated by Franglais clubs based around the ever burgeoning football model. Teams such as Saracens who carry a debt of approx £48M, about three times it's annual turnover. Debt which causes no concerns to the PRL cartel, because they're backed by the massively wealthy Billionaire Rupert and the SA backers. A successful team which has a ground that swells to tiny proportions, which is an irrelevance. No, not surprised at all, as there is not a team on planet earth that can compete with that, let alone the the P12. As for the Irish teams, they did well to get as far as they did, which is something in Wales thats still a pipe dream. That is the bottom line in this wholly financially unbalanced competition, which I for one have totally lost interest in.

#1 ;)

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm
World XV Player

i can't see past a sarries win, and a comfortable one at that. sarries are just too well disciplined and do the basics very, very well. they just don't make mistakes either.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Scarlets ran Saracens close. :cheers:

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

True, but ....
Typical Naj isolated , cherry picked example that when analysed means very little in the context of the total

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:47 am

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

True, but ....
Typical Naj isolated , cherry picked example that when analysed means very little in the context of the total

Well it is telling they were the only European opponents they faced recently who really challenged them.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:37 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

True, but ....

Well it is telling they were the only European opponents they faced recently who really challenged them.

Their european/Aviva league teams beat ´em ;)

They are 3rd in the table

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 am
World XV Player

I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Fids the Blindside wrote:
I seem to remember sarries not getting out of second gear that day while Llanelli threw the kitchen sink

Don't undermine Scarlets' near-victory. (I still think that Chris Ashton try at the end was illegitimate).

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

Don't undermine Scarlets' near-victory. (I still think that Chris Ashton try at the end was illegitimate).

Naj,

Not discrediting it ... they played v well and couldve/shouldve won it.

Just putting one of your cherry picked examples into a more total and real context.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 pm
Site Admin

najbritcol wrote:

Nearly is still second best or looser.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Thegrimriper wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Nearly is still second best or looser.

They drew, not lost.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Naj,

Not discrediting it ... they played v well and couldve/shouldve won it.

Just putting one of your cherry picked examples into a more total and real context.

Regarding Saracens being only third in the Aviva Premiership: that is mostly explained by their disproportionate contribution to the England national team and subsequent losses during the 6N, including to Worcester! (Btw, it is strange how people here and in other rugby fora treat the Ospreys losing to Treviso as a scandal and symptomatic of wider problems in the team and Welsh rugby etc. etc., but don't criticise Saracens, and for that matter Bath too, for losing against Worcester).

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Oh, and Bath recently lost against Bristol too, so where is all the outrage and criticism over that?

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail