It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Osps / Stade F details and Match thread 
World XV Player

Post Re: Osps / Stade F details and Match thread
ICEverything wrote:
We had the answer sometime ago. There was an emperor and he had a dream. There was once a dream that was Wales winning the RWC. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. But Y Gar was only given 18 months to make this dream a reality.

Then came the Messiah. But we all know the messiah is not recognised in his own land. Priestland was that Messiah and we let him slip through our fingers.

I hope my little contribution helped a bit :D

:D
Haven't heard that tune for a while Icey!
I did say you needed to keep taking the pills... ;)

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:05 am
World XV Player

Priestland did play like he was nailed to something

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:03 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Sam Biscuits wrote:
This game is like a re-run of the Leinster match a month or so ago i.e. Ospreys in charge and lost, deservedly. Really hope they can step it up in the second half. Also, how was their winger not given a red? I thought it was a certain red,

Munster you mean, not Leinster (that's on Saturday). Anyway, having attended the match, the three main reasons why the Ospreys lost were (1) uncharacteristically poor execution (do not forget that they are behind only Leinster in being the Pro 12 's biggest try scorers this season) (2) a very dodgy scrum, which in hindsight has been an Achilles heel for the Ospreys since the start of the season (3) an arguably even dodgier referee. And I still think it was incredibly petty not to move the match to the nearby but 'tainted' Parc Y Scarlets, where the 12,500 crowd would have filled up most of the stadium.

The problem is mental.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:16 pm
World XV Player

Josaia Raisuqe has been cited for stamping, on Keelan Giles. Hearing in Paris tomorrow.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:
Josaia Raisuqe has been cited for stamping, on Keelan Giles. Hearing in Paris tomorrow.

Not going to change the result though and that wasn't the reason behind the abject performance from the O's.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:54 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
Llew wrote:

Not going to change the result though and that wasn't the reason behind the abject performance from the O's.

I agree, it seems though that the masses will claim this as a moral victory and thats good enough!!

I cannot see the Ospreys winning any silverware to be honest as they just havent got that mental edge to win and see games out. On sunday they seemed to go through numbers of phases and dint get anywhere, it looked pretty but it was totally useless in terms of making gains over the line. Sometimes you can see when teams are going to falter in the first five minutes in their body language. They express a lack of confidence and the signs of stress such as fumbling and faltering on the line. Despite the amount of posession they just look like they are on the backfoot and seem rudderless and lack direction.

Webb was a classic example of this, he looked like he was all energy but no focus or goal orientated. It was all just a fumbling mess of players running around phase after phase with no penetration lacking incision. They need a player who is like a rapier or a blade that can cut holes in defences or have the vision to run an angle and break the line.

Unfortunately their lateral play is due to the fact they have a ten who has reverted to type and whenever it doents go his way he cries like a baby because that's what babies do when they crave attention - it doesnt work though and he needs to concentrate on his game or even adds some breadth to his game.

As I said, all that running around, phase after phase made it more complicated and lacked that gain line attack. The biggest concern for me was that Stade were shite, they were there for the taking which has emphasised the Ospreys clear lack of ambition and motivation and determination.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:18 pm
World XV Player

I only watched the last 10-15 mins, the O's looked like they had simply run out of idea's. Ardron would not have been anywhere near the line against 15.

Tandy gone as far as he can here. He needs to do a Dai Young IMO.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:29 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:

The problem is mental.

y'up. And i don't think this will change unless the people from the top are from a different background. The irish teams would appear to addressed this at club level by employing coaches from new zealand & Oz over the last 10 - 15 years.

The regions appear to employ ex players or people from within the club or the same scene. Just look at the O's. millward is managing director, tandy head coach, gruff rees has bounced around welsh teams in one form or another, andy lloyd does player recruitment, kevin morgan does strength and conditioning, and richard fussell, tom smith, duncan jones & andrew bishop are all skills coaches. gibbs and brad davies have come in from outside but fundamentally the core is the same as its always has been, so why should it be any different next year?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

mr messy wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:

The problem is mental.

y'up. And i don't think this will change unless the people from the top are from a different background. The irish teams would appear to addressed this at club level by employing coaches from new zealand & Oz over the last 10 - 15 years.

The regions appear to employ ex players or people from within the club or the same scene. Just look at the O's. millward is managing director, tandy head coach, gruff rees has bounced around welsh teams in one form or another, andy lloyd does player recruitment, kevin morgan does strength and conditioning, and richard fussell, tom smith, duncan jones & andrew bishop are all skills coaches. gibbs and brad davies have come in from outside but fundamentally the core is the same as its always has been, so why should it be any different next year?

I like Gruff Rees - he has encouraged the Ospreys to attack much more vigorously than before, when they would essentially grind out matches through umpteen penalties. As for the others, I agree they are nothing special.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
We had the answer sometime ago. There was an emperor and he had a dream. There was once a dream that was Wales winning the RWC. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. But Y Gar was only given 18 months to make this dream a reality.

Then came the Messiah. But we all know the messiah is not recognised in his own land. Priestland was that Messiah and we let him slip through our fingers.

I hope my little contribution helped a bit :D

:D
Haven't heard that tune for a while Icey!
I did say you needed to keep taking the pills... ;)

The old gags are still the best eh OSR. I've missed the Y Gar debates. :D

Probably best leave them in the past now. :oops:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:46 am
World XV Player

Raisuqe banned for 10 weeks.

Quote:
The Committee upheld the citing complaint and determined that the offence was a stamp to the head and upper body, and therefore warranted a red card............

http://www.epcrugby.com/news/35474.php#.WOUKr5F4WhA

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:

Quote:
The Committee upheld the citing complaint and determined that the offence was a stamp to the head and upper body, and therefore warranted a red card............

How long was the ref suspended for? ;) :D

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:57 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Llew wrote:

Quote:

How long was the ref suspended for? ;) :D

Steady on, Matthew Carley & Sean Davey are the cream of the Aviva, not some second rate officials from the Pro12. :D

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:

Quote:

Should have been red-carded on the night: pretty obvious what he did.

Ospreys were wasteful and their own worst enemies on occasion, but that incident (and the failure to police it properly) hardly helped.

Sean

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10