It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Quarters 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Quarters
And I am attending the Principality Stadium to see Ospreys vs Stade. Given the, well, incident on Saturday, it has dented my confidence a little. However, I still think, based on more general trends, Ospreys should win it.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The statistics say that are three home winners and one away winner. I'd love Glasgow to beat Saracens and Ashton to get sent off but I'll go for Wasps at Leinster and the other three home sides to win. Nah, Glasgow to beat Saracens because Saracens will kick it down the field to the Glasgow counter attack all game. And hope to win pens at the breakdown. Tossers.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:07 pm

simondavis wrote:
The statistics say that are three home winners and one away winner. I'd love Glasgow to beat Saracens and Ashton to get sent off but I'll go for Wasps at Leinster and the other three home sides to win. Nah, Glasgow to beat Saracens because Saracens will kick it down the field to the Glasgow counter attack all game. And hope to win pens at the breakdown. Tossers.

A few weeks ago I thought Saracens would walk that match, though now I am not so sure. Both teams have been below par in recent weeks by their standards - Saracens lost to Worcester and were ran close by Newcastle, while Glasgow appeared to be losing to everyone until their Dragons match. As for Leinster vs Wasps, let's just compromise and say a draw in normal time?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

All teams playing at less than full strength owing to the 6 nations. Saracens looked really strong against Bath. I can't see Wasps' pack being competitive against Leinster there.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Langland Exile wrote:
I can't see Wasps' pack being competitive against Leinster there.

Perhaps not, but Wasps' backs are the best in Europe by some distance. Give them any ball and they make mincemeat out of anyone.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Perhaps not, but Wasps' backs are the best in Europe by some distance. Give them any ball and they make mincemeat out of anyone.

Thats just hype, its a good backline but not a good enough backline to take advantage if the pack gets mullered, i'd rank Leinster's backline on a similar par anyway.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Pearcey3 wrote:
Taking my 89 year old father to the Cardiff game at Kingsholm. It should be a very close game

Well, the Dragons managed to win at Kingsholm last season, so it certainly is not beyond the Blues to do so. More generally, Gloucester have got some very good players, so why have they been in the bottom half of the table in the Aviva Premiership for so many years now? After all, on paper at least they don't look a lot worse than, say, Northampton Saints.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Cathalsmart wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Thats just hype, its a good backline but not a good enough backline to take advantage if the pack gets mullered, i'd rank Leinster's backline on a similar par anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be a close match, but I think that, of all the away teams, Wasps definitely have the best chance of winning.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Saracens are ace team at playing what's infront of them,they have talent in the units and team that can adapt well. They'll beat Gla and wont be daft enough to give them the space that they thrve on. They bring so many moves to matches off the training ground.

Munster will wallop Tlse just a case of how many.

This is Clerms year, how many times have commentators said that, although,despite squad strength, will miss Fofana magic. They continue to play with this blight of going to slep for part of the game and teams do come back at them. Toulon are fading but there's sufficient nous to cause. an upset. Clerm at home will win. Rested key players. this weekend and this one is their priority....

Closest looks like Leinster/Wasps..... the one I'd choose to watch....Leinster are improving and have that Irish pedigree for this competition as do Wasps but it's more topical? Players well hardened in the 6Ns ..I really like Ringrose .... ;) Tough one to call but Leinster for me.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:38 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
And I am attending the Principality Stadium to see Ospreys vs Stade. Given the, well, incident on Saturday, it has dented my confidence a little. However, I still think, based on more general trends, Ospreys should win it.

La Rochelle the one to worry about in that Competition IF they go for it on the ruun in....

They are now guaranteed Euro Champs Cup qualifier next Season though ....

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Junior Player

najbritcol wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Don't get me wrong, it'll be a close match, but I think that, of all the away teams, Wasps definitely have the best chance of winning.

I agree, I honestly cant think of a European quater final ive been as hyped for as much as this one (Bar Munster ofcourse being a munster fan), Could literally go either way but because there at home and have the slightly better team on paper i'd give it to Leinster but if Leinster dont turn up they will lose as will Wasps if they dont turn up.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

La Rochelle the one to worry about in that Competition IF they go for it on the ruun in....

Do you envisage an Ospreys vs La Rochelle final? If so, who'd win it?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I've raised chickens for a long time Naj, the cockerel isn't active yet .... ;)

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Which in plain English means it is too unpredictable to say?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Which in plain English means it is too unpredictable to say?

Not enough evidence or detail, but then you are used to that ;)

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:03 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next