It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 am

I thought ..... 
Regional Junior Player

Post I thought .....
.... one of the noble ambitions of the greedy English clubs was to develop the European Challenge Cup by having stronger teams to generate more interest in it.

So how come we have allowed a situation where none of their games are televised? I am so angry that I am lucky to watch one Welsh region on European weekends. This is not good for Welsh rugby and trying to attract youngsters into the sport against a well performing national football team. Did someone pay for the rights and then refuse to let any games be televised until we get to the knockout rounds?

Does no one realise how counter productive this is?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: I thought .....
dhook wrote:
.... one of the noble ambitions of the greedy English clubs was to develop the European Challenge Cup by having stronger teams to generate more interest in it.

So how come we have allowed a situation where none of their games are televised? I am so angry that I am lucky to watch one Welsh region on European weekends. This is not good for Welsh rugby and trying to attract youngsters into the sport against a well performing national football team. Did someone pay for the rights and then refuse to let any games be televised until we get to the knockout rounds?

Having two subscription channels, and no FTA in the U.K. and Ireland is not good, and they've already admitted it. Compared with France where there is both subscription and FTA.

http://www.sportcal.com/News/FeaturedNews/106849

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Llew wrote:
dhook wrote:

Having two subscription channels, and no FTA in the U.K. and Ireland is not good, and they've already admitted it. Compared with France where there is both subscription and FTA.

http://www.sportcal.com/News/FeaturedNews/106849

The ftas are comparatively rare, it's dominated by BeIn Sport who won the contract from Canal+ after there was a legal rumpus over the previous Top14 contract negotiations

I think that the fta match is broadcast in parallel to that on BrIn Sport

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

These European weekends are dead to me. I do have access to Sky Go but I really can't be bothered seeing as there are no real Welsh contenders. Possibly if some of the lower cup games were on FTA live it might spark a bit of interest but we can't even see highlights for free. Adding to that they run the B&I Cup games on the same weekends so there is no WP games to watch to get my fix all in all it is just another step of me falling out of love with the game

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This wk it is only the Tls/Con match and it is in parallel to the BeIn Sp broadcast so no big deal at the mo

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:55 pm
World XV Player

4 teams from the shite Pro 12, not good enough, they will have to rethink methinks :thefinger:

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:59 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
4 teams from the shite Pro 12, not good enough, they will have to rethink methinks :thefinger:

Not yet and why in this stream?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:02 pm
World XV Player

It is a farce as its debateable how seriously some French sides have taken European competition. Yet they get so many qualifying spots

The regions do have to pick up some of the tab for not being on telly... only scarlets qualified for the champions cup and they are already out. It's a real shame what had happened to European competition

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
It is a farce as its debateable how seriously some French sides have taken European competition. Yet they get so many qualifying spots

The regions do have to pick up some of the tab for not being on telly... only scarlets qualified for the champions cup and they are already out. It's a real shame what had happened to European competition

How long is your memory?

This last season

1/4s 5 eng, 3 french and 0!pro12

hmm

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/fix ... limination

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:18 pm
World XV Player

Doesn't matter how long my memory is... right now as in the present it's a farce

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

How long is your memory?

This last season

hmm

cling to past Tel, cling to the past.

lets ignore the here and now.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 pm
World XV Player

Doesn't matter how long my memory is... right now as in the present it's a farce

.... right, the fat lady hasn't even called the taxi yet

If you base your argument purely on this Season that isn't yet complete then it is plainly silly.

Do you think we should change the allocation every year?

One purpose of the EPRC revision was to remove the farce of Pro12 allocation incl eg 2 Italians

It also involved who was bringing the money to market.

Sorry your argument just doesn't hold water.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:46 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

How long is your memory?

This last season

hmm

cling to past Tel, cling to the past.

lets ignore the here and now.

Dont be silly ...have a sensible base for future contracts over time

We have a change of qualification and share out based on performance and contribution.

Not saying we shouldn't change it but within sendible contract timeframes and a sensible base to make long term decisions.

Cherry picking a partial circumstance outside of a sensible statistical timeframe is silly.

My beliefs concern sensible long term and strategic planning, hence my signature

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm
World XV Player

Well done.

The rest of us are discussing the here and now. Current results which were the future some time ago.

Making hay if you like, you've done it often enough.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:57 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Keith L wrote:

Not yet and why in this stream?

Cough!

You only got 3 chickens mun!

Better count 'em again :D

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:08 pm