It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Leics Gladgow 
Regional Player

Post Re: Leics Gladgow
Troron wrote:
macsporran wrote:
Troron you could see it that way. You could also argue that per Nation England get 6,France 6, Scotland,Ireland and Wales get an average of 2 each with Italy getting one. In actual fact (and it is not a complaint) Ireland will normally have 3, Wales 2 and Scotland 1. Forget the allocation by league and look at the allocation per country.

And Yes, the European game, the IRB and the national unions ARE there to help, develop and grow rugby.

Why would we look at it per country? England alone is larger than every Celt Pro 12 nation combined and more. You want to look at it per country but then switch to pro league when you want? If we go per country then England should have about 7 teams, France 8 and the Pro 12 can put 1 team each except Italy who can put their 2 teams. I could ask why should Pro 12 teams then get disproportionate representation to their size in the competition?

The competition is there to help grow rugby in ALL places, it's not there fore Pro 12 nations to **removed** off France and England and then have the nerve to turn around and say they are the ones getting a bad deal. Currently the Pro 12 is over-represented as a league and all of the Pro-12 nations except Italy are also over-represented in terms of country population, in terms to total number of teams... In every way the Pro 12 teams are over-represented and taking 1/3rd of the earnings is also out of proportion to what they raise. Everything even now is stacked in favour of the Pro 12 and the Heineken cup was even worse. There is no way whatsoever the HK could have been called fair and those saying that the current setup is because of the greedy English and French are deluded, not wanting a completely 1 sided and unfair deal doesn't make you greedy.

Er probably because there are 6 nations involved in the competition not 2 ? And actually if the English teams (Sarries, Wasps and sometimes Exeter apart) perform as badly as they did this season can you seriously justify it ? You would have thought with all the players, resources and finance available as well as more academies that you can count unless you take your shoes and socks off that they would be able to provide more than 2 quarter finalists against such poor opposition.
The RFU are toothless and spineless and are controlled completely by the Meglomaniacs posing as Club owners.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

macsporran wrote:
Er probably because there are 6 nations involved in the competition not 2 ? And actually if the English teams (Sarries, Wasps and sometimes Exeter apart) perform as badly as they did this season can you seriously justify it ? You would have thought with all the players, resources and finance available as well as more academies that you can count unless you take your shoes and socks off that they would be able to provide more than 2 quarter finalists against such poor opposition.
The RFU are toothless and spineless and are controlled completely by the Meglomaniacs posing as Club owners.

If you're going to look at it by country then Wales, Scotland and Ireland should each have 1 team to be representative... But you don't advocate that. How quickly you forget last year when the same people who are now saying English clubs are useless were crying over the fact that 4 of the 5 pools were topped by English clubs and that 5 English clubs went through... Ups and downs of rugby and English clubs as a whole have had a bad year whilst last year it was great for them. English and French dominate, proof the tournament is set up for them. Pro 12 dominate? Proof English and French models are pathetic. See how whatever outcome, it's always negative?

The RFU are toothless? That's why they have got the English squad size increased, increased the say the English coach has over the use of English players and increased the time Jones has with the players.

The fact is Pro 12 teams are poor at raising money and the HC was used to pad out their coffers by taking the Lions share of the money raised whilst also demanding massive over-representation and contributing by far the least financially. The change to the European cup balanced things out a bit more so there was at least some attempt at fairness (Aviva, Pro 12 and Top 14 all get 1/3rd of the share whereas before Pro 12 got 52%). I think some perspective is needed here, the Pro 12 is coming out of this VERY well and still Pro 12 whinge as if somehow they are hard done by.

Here's the simple question, in what way does the Pro 12 get less than it's fair share in any area?

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

As I said earlier, Jesus Wept!

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Keith L wrote:

Do you actually have anything to counter what I said or are you just being to be a *prk*? Go on, name how the Pro 12 is treated unfairly or how the HC was fair. Your inability to actually ever form an argument of any sort shows you don't have much going on upstairs. If you don't like my comments just block me, because one more stupid comment from you and i will just do that to you.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Keith L wrote:

Do you actually have anything to counter what I said or are you just being to be a *prk*? Go on, name how the Pro 12 is treated unfairly or how the HC was fair. Your inability to actually ever form an argument of any sort shows you don't have much going on upstairs. If you don't like my comments just block me, because one more stupid comment from you and i will just do that to you.

Your prerogative old bean, as Ive said previously you become extremely anglo centric at this time of the year, i dont block anyone, its a *fupping* MESSAGEBOARD! And if you cant do simple maths then im not about to teach you!

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Keith L wrote:
Troron wrote:
Keith L wrote:

Your prerogative old bean, as Ive said previously you become extremely anglo centric at this time of the year, i dont block anyone, its a *fupping* MESSAGEBOARD! And if you cant do simple maths then im not about to teach you!

So as expected you don't actually provide any substance, just empty rhetoric. Blocked.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Troron. If you read my posts I do not think I have mentioned the Pro 12, which you seem so hung up on.
My point was the amount of teams per nation in the ERC.
By your rationale you have more players,more resources and more money therefore you can do what you want.So carry on mate.
You choose to answer some posts and not others EG when asked to justify my Anti English feelings which I feel i answered.

So to slightly misquote a famous rugby song "Get em down you Keyboard warrior.....................

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

macsporran wrote:
Troron. If you read my posts I do not think I have mentioned the Pro 12, which you seem so hung up on.
By your rationale you have more players,more resources and more money therefore you can do what you want.So carry on mate.
You choose to answer some posts and not others EG when asked to justify my Anti English feelings which I feel i answered.

So to slightly misquote a famous rugby song "Get em down you Keyboard warrior.....................

Have not heard (or seen) that for a while..brought back some fond memories.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:21 pm

macsporran wrote:

And if you read my posts, I was talking about the Pro 12 before you came in. So you think Scotland, Wales, Italy and Ireland should have the same number of teams in it as England and France? So that's what 4 each? Scotland and Italy can't even put out 4 teams. The only alternative is to make it 2 teams per country...

No my rationale is that if you are the major raiser of money in a tournament you should not have your say overruled by those who bring in a tiny amount. If we split by country to it is essentially the 6N for clubs then you get England and France raising 90%+ of the funds yet getting 33% of the returns. Like it or not, the second that is looked at as contribution per league, it's Pro 12 getting twice the representation of Aviva and Top 14 combined with twice the funds of Aviva and Top 14 combined whilst contributing 1/9th of what the Aviva and Top 14 do and catering to a population half the size...

So you want it to be a 6N for clubs?

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
macsporran wrote:

And if you read my posts, I was talking about the Pro 12 before you came in. So you think Scotland, Wales, Italy and Ireland should have the same number of teams in it as England and France? So that's what 4 each? Scotland and Italy can't even put out 4 teams. The only alternative is to make it 2 teams per country...

No my rationale is that if you are the major raiser of money in a tournament you should not have your say overruled by those who bring in a tiny amount. If we split by country to it is essentially the 6N for clubs then you get England and France raising 90%+ of the funds yet getting 33% of the returns. Like it or not, the second that is looked at as contribution per league, it's Pro 12 getting twice the representation of Aviva and Top 14 combined with twice the funds of Aviva and Top 14 combined whilst contributing 1/9th of what the Aviva and Top 14 do and catering to a population half the size...

It's a shame you take such extreme positions on everything. Other than the Italians, who do not merit a slot in the top competition, the other allocated sides are usually competitive. English fans can see the Aviva teams play each other all season long, as I do, watching Wasps lose to Sale this morning.

This competition gives a different dimension to the game, and crowds seem to like it. The competition needs 3 Irish teams, 2 Welsh and 1 Scottish. The French don't deserve more as they don't always show up, so 6 from the Pro12, 6 from France and 8 from England, seems reasonable. I think the 6th team in the Pro12, Glasgow, would give any of the bottom 8 in the Aviva a good hiding. ;)

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:28 pm
Junior Player

Troron wrote:
macsporran wrote:

and here was me thinking it was a rugby tournament rather than an investment opportunity?

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:45 pm
Profile E-mail