It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Leics Gladgow 
Youth Player

Post Re: Leics Gladgow
Great win by Glasgow.
I watched Wasps destroy Leicester in the first 40 mins a few weeks ago at the Ricoh, yet in the second half Leicester came out a different team and nearly turned the game around, against Glasgow there was no fight in them at all, something is seriously wrong at Welford Road, because the players are just not turning up for the games. :scratch:

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:15 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

When I lived in Leicester the Tigers were practically unbeatable, and certainly these sorts of recent performances by them in both Europe and the Premiership would've been utterly inconceivable.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:43 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
When I lived in Leicester the Tigers were practically unbeatable, and certainly these sorts of recent performances by them in both Europe and the Premiership would've been utterly inconceivable.

Could not happen to a nicer, more modest bunch ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:15 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Hear hear, ... petty for me to say I know but I have the misfortune of direct access to some of the most objectionable ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 am
Youth Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Hear hear, ... petty for me to say I know but I have the misfortune of direct access to some of the most objectionable ;)

Not all Tigers supporters are objectionable, but a lot did have an air of superiority about them and have always been a miserable bunch, they are having to eat humble pie now.
What is even worse for them is there are new kids in the area in the form of Wasps, who play sexy rugby in a brilliant stadium who have been pulling in crowds of 25000+ for some games.
Okay Iam putting the boot in while the Tigers are down, but some of their supporters have asked for it.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

To be fair to Leicester they have a serious number of injuries to top players in the squad, they are still atop 4 side in the PRL in my mind.They are just going through a rough patch though they were utterly gutless yesterday and deserved the thrashing but I reckon they will be back sooner rather than later.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

simondavis wrote:
To be fair to Leicester they have a serious number of injuries to top players in the squad, they are still atop 4 side in the PRL in my mind.They are just going through a rough patch though they were utterly gutless yesterday and deserved the thrashing but I reckon they will be back sooner rather than later.

Their rough patch is a few seasons old, they still play negative rugby and tend to either scrapes wins through sheer physicality or get completely thrashed. They have a history of injuring their players and rushing them back too early. Everything about the club stinks. They are stuck in the past.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

cant say I'm gutted to see Leicester get hammered... ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Their rough patch is a few seasons old, they still play negative rugby and tend to either scrapes wins through sheer physicality or get completely thrashed. They have a history of injuring their players and rushing them back too early. Everything about the club stinks. They are stuck in the past.

Yes and their arrogance is now catching up to them..

Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:58 pm
World XV Player

Lets not kick them when they are down folks. Tigers have been a strong european side in the past and this result will be a turning point for them methinks. For a couple of seasons they have been in decline and I dont think Cockerill should have been there for this long.

I am not a big fan of the tigers to be honest but they have played some cracking games in the past and contributed to some great drama. However, cant forget the Neil Back hand incident ;-) *bar stewards* got away with it.

I dont know how to take this result; is it that Glasgow were on fire or tigers were woeful or a bit of both. Glasgow are a side that can play this high tempo offloading game and they do it very well. Tigers traditionally dont play that game well and use their forwards to slow it down and get on top. Aint happening now is it.

I dont know if Glasgow can go all the way, but they are making the regions look like fools to be honest. I've asked this before - is their budget smaller than the regions? However, Townsend seems to have all the hallmarks of a coach that could polish a turd!!

Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:12 pm
World XV Player

all I'm saying is that ive experienced Leicester fans and its on a level with Fids's unfortunate experiences with some Llanelli fans is all I can say.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Their rough patch is a few seasons old, they still play negative rugby and tend to either scr apes wins through sheer physicality or get completely thrashed. They have a history of injuring their players and rushing them back too early. Everything about the club stinks. They are stuck in the past.

Oh really. You mean that rough patch where they always finish top 4 every year in the PRL while maintaining a sustainable business. They do not play negative rugby either whatever your definition of that is. What complete nonsense. And everything about the club stinks as well does it? The fans, the coaches, the players, the food, the hospitality, the stadium, the training facilities, the business model, the pitch, the sponsors, the ticket office , the website, the car parking, the transport links, the parking....All farty fart fart poo poo.....Are you a Saints supporter?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:07 am
British & Irish Lions Player

simondavis wrote:
Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Their rough patch is a few seasons old, they still play negative rugby and tend to either scr apes wins through sheer physicality or get completely thrashed. They have a history of injuring their players and rushing them back too early. Everything about the club stinks. They are stuck in the past.

Oh really. You mean that rough patch where they always finish top 4 every year in the PRL while maintaining a sustainable business. They do not play negative rugby either whatever your definition of that is. What complete nonsense. And everything about the club stinks as well does it? The fans, the coaches, the players, the food, the hospitality, the stadium, the training facilities, the business model, the pitch, the sponsors, the ticket office , the website, the car parking, the transport links, the parking....All farty fart fart poo poo.....Are you a Saints supporter?

They finish top 4 because they had an ability to still grind out wins. As for negative rugby, here are their tries scored and points difference for each year followed by average for all teams and the PD of the teams immediately above and below them:
16/17 - TF 26, PD 20 - TF 31, PD 78, 4
15/16 - TF 55, PD 34 - TF 51, PD 201, 63
14/15 - TF 37, PD 32 - TF 58, PD 211, 246
13/14 - TF 59, PD 112 - TF 47, PD 254, 72

I could go on and this doesn't tell the whole story but for a few years now Tigers have played to grind out wins and not played good rugby, it has been all about slowing the game down and just battering their way to victory. Saints are going the same way with a similar style of play yielding similar results now. I'm a Bath fan so we know all about how it feels to have a club that's beginning to implode and Tigers have all the signs Bath had, worse even. They aren't beyond fixing and this may be the kick up the backside they need but the rot has been allowed to fester in Tigers and it is showing in their on pitch performances.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Glasgow could only play what was in front of them, anyone else nilled them at home recently?

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:40 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:

They finish top 4 because they had an ability to still grind out wins. As for negative rugby, here are their tries scored and points difference for each year followed by average for all teams and the PD of the teams immediately above and below them:
16/17 - TF 26, PD 20 - TF 31, PD 78, 4
15/16 - TF 55, PD 34 - TF 51, PD 201, 63
14/15 - TF 37, PD 32 - TF 58, PD 211, 246
13/14 - TF 59, PD 112 - TF 47, PD 254, 72

I could go on and this doesn't tell the whole story but for a few years now Tigers have played to grind out wins and not played good rugby, it has been all about slowing the game down and just battering their way to victory. Saints are going the same way with a similar style of play yielding similar results now. I'm a Bath fan so we know all about how it feels to have a club that's beginning to implode and Tigers have all the signs Bath had, worse even. They aren't beyond fixing and this may be the kick up the backside they need but the rot has been allowed to fester in Tigers and it is showing in their on pitch performances.

No, I'm still scratching my head at that. :scratch:

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:22 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next