It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:22 am

Swansea vs Newcastle 
World XV Player

Post Swansea vs Newcastle
Newcastle: 15 Alex Tait, 14 Tom Catterick, 13 Chris Harris, 12 Dom Waldouck, 11 Fred Burdon, 10 Craig Willis, 9 Micky Young, 8 Mark Wilson, 7 Dan Temm, 6 Will Welch, 5 Sean Robinson, 4 Calum Green, 3 David Wilson, 2 Kyle Cooper, 1 Ben Harris
Replacements: 16 David Nelson, 17 Rob Vickers, 18 Jon Welsh, 19 Mouritz Botha, 20 Harrison Orr, 21 Sam Egerton, 22 Joel Hodgson, 23 Dan Marshall

Swansea: 15 Daniel Evans, 14 Hanno Dirksen, 13 Kieron Fonotia, 12 Josh Matavesi, 11 Daf Howells, 10 Sam Davies , 9 Rhys Webb, 8 James King, 7 Sam Underhill, 6 Olly Cracknell, 5 Rory Thornton, 4 Adam Beard, 3 Rhodri Jones, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Gareth Thomas
Replacements: 16 Scott Otten, 17 Nicky Smith, 18 Dan Suter, 19 Lloyd Ashley, 20 Rob McCusker, 21 Brendon Leonard, 22 Jonathan Spratt, 23 Ben John

Referee: Alexandre Ruiz (France)
Assistant Referees: Laurent Cardona (France), C├ędric Clave (France)

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/challen ... -sunday-6/

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Swansea vs Newcastle
Newcastle (21) 21
Tries: Temm, Vickers, Harris Cons: Willis 3
Ospreys (7) 26
Tries: Webb, Dirksen, Davies, Otten Cons: Davies 3

Superb result. Ospreys become the first ever team to get through to the knock out stages of a european tournament with a perfect record of 6 bonus point wins

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

I really can not believe that I have not been allowed to watch one of the Osprey's matches in Europe!!!

I maintain- the stupid greed of the English clubs is going to ruin Welsh rugby. Why the hell is no one allowed to see a single Welsh region anymore in the second tier European Cup. I have zero interest in watching expensively assembled English or French squads - total snore bore as far as I am concerned. I just want to see the Welsh regions no matter what the standard of the opposition.

PS - I just can not believe European rugby is doing better with the public since the competition was restructured and the broadcasting schedule became so poor as a consequence. Does anyone have the facts?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

They have done very well so far, be nice if they could go all the way and win it.

Does the winner still get into the Champions cup, or whatever its called these days?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

are they in danger of winning a European knock out game?

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:09 pm
World XV Player

dhook wrote:
I really can not believe that I have not been allowed to watch one of the Osprey's matches in Europe!!!

I maintain- the stupid greed of the English clubs is going to ruin Welsh rugby. Why the hell is no one allowed to see a single Welsh region anymore in the second tier European Cup. I have zero interest in watching expensively assembled English or French squads - total snore bore as far as I am concerned. I just want to see the Welsh regions no matter what the standard of the opposition.

PS - I just can not believe European rugby is doing better with the public since the competition was restructured and the broadcasting schedule became so poor as a consequence. Does anyone have the facts?

I posted this today elsewhere on here and it answers your question insomuch as one cannot compare and why.
It is up to date :

Tony Panties wrote:

Much discussion elsewhere on this status.

Gaillard has been quoted that the current revenue is "30% up".

What that means in allocation is not easy to decipher !?:

-Whilst we have the formal ERC last business numbers and the formal reported allocation algorithm ie league %s and % prizemoney and allocation we dont have the EPCR annual reports to compare actual money in the pocket comparisons. Revenue per se could e.g include an amount of expenses created by the move to Switzerland? I have the new EPCR Co registration and Articles formally recorded in the Swiss market but there are no public annual accounts . I asked the Fin Exec @ EPRC and was told that the detail was personal and confidential. I have the communiation on record.Hmm...

-Also, the rules have changed ! We know the new % ie equal shares and the extent of the guarantee to the Pro12. Not publically very well known is that the prizemoney, previously formally 15% of monies allocated, is now a much lower % which will favour general overall allocation ;) . That will affect leagues that don't allocte revenue on an equality basis.

-However we do have some of the detail in league accounts e.g the Top14 present the detail that describes the allocation in team detail etc and presents these #s y-o-y . However, the overal comparison is difficult, different algorithms and insufficent detail (as described above).

I would assume that this would change and I'm not sure of reporting insistence in Switzerland as apposed to the Dublin variety etc

So, comparison is extremely difficult at the mo and really just supposition.

At worst, Pro 12 have consistent income due to the guarantee imposed.

I have all the ERC basic detail for comaprison.
The % Prizemoney aspect being reduced is bit of a hidden swinger and ironically will not reward Pro12 for their strong position this year (reference %s etc described in the quote)

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:20 pm
World XV Player

Slice it up, slice it down

Sky had the HC/second tier nailed with their red button coverage

Who cares about the fans though? BT have the cash but are a dreadful rugby broadcaster.

The emperor is bare beam and buck naked.

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:48 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Despite the sloppy first half (they were also poor in the first half last Sunday against Lyon too - what is it about the Ospreys always doing much better in the second half of matches?) the Ospreys have nevertheless made history to be the first team in either European competition to get 30 points out of 30.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:38 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well they will be in the big competition next year with the Scarlets

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:16 am