It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Round 6 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 88061
Post Round 6
Plenty of dead rubbers as is to be expected but home quarters and some qualification to sort out.

Who is going to bet against Connacht against Toulouse :D

Llanelli can finish with a decent amount of points on the board if they tear into Sale, or park and concentrate on bread and butter?

This year started IMO with a whimper but has got better.

Would love to see Wasps and Leinster meet at some point, both playing proper rugby. Munster Sarries might be juicy too

_________________
Be a Snowflake. Winter is coming.


Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:39 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Posts: 12411
Post Re: Round 6
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Plenty of dead rubbers as is to be expected but home quarters and some qualification to sort out.

Who is going to bet against Connacht against Toulouse :D

Llanelli can finish with a decent amount of points on the board if they tear into Sale, or park and concentrate on bread and butter?

This year started IMO with a whimper but has got better.

Would love to see Wasps and Leinster meet at some point, both playing proper rugby. Munster Sarries might be juicy too


Are they seeding teams on past european performance or their league position? if its the former then i'd go for it against sale looking at next year. I think they've almost qualified for next years comp as top 6 look to be breaking away from the bottom half.

i like the look of glasgow at tiggers


Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11025
Post Re: Round 6
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Plenty of dead rubbers as is to be expected but home quarters and some qualification to sort out.

Who is going to bet against Connacht against Toulouse :D

Llanelli can finish with a decent amount of points on the board if they tear into Sale, or park and concentrate on bread and butter?

This year started IMO with a whimper but has got better.

Would love to see Wasps and Leinster meet at some point, both playing proper rugby. Munster Sarries might be juicy too


Conn are strong favourites to qualify.
Tlse need 5 pts and no BP for Conn to qualify.
They have to go for tries, it will open up the game from the start.
For me, Tlse will win but Conn will qualify.

Tlse have 2 out as a result of Wasps game Tolofua hooker and a prop Aldegheri(sp)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:02 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 11025
Post Re: Round 6
EPCR has strict rules regarding abandonmement of matches in play and venue ability to play the match

There have been instances of threat of losing games if fixture cannot be fulfilled

I remember instances of expensive alternative for Stade f
A welsh region had a game relocated in the tournament
The Racing Munster game postponement was considered a special issue
The EPRC stats cover abandonment of games but I believe that there is a time limit on the match being started. Another issue arose when Gla lost the kit on flight to Toulouse ...
The problem is tge tight fixture list and scheduling possibility

There will be extreme frost throughout the week in France and capability to plsy may well be compromised. I believe that if Clubs cant provide a venue within a short period of time then they can lose the match ?

The Challenge Cup match involving Stade F playing away this w/end has not been played so that will be an indicator ...

Could well affect travel plans ....so be aware

these are the EPCR regs regarding abandonment point of view but NOT venue unavailability

7. ABANDONMENT
7.1 Where a match is abandoned after 60 minutes or more, the result will stand.

7.2 Where a match is abandoned after fewer than 60 minutes, (a) if both clubs and the EPCR Board agree, the result will stand, or (b) the match will be replayed in full no earlier than 48 hours after kick-off of the abandoned match (unless both clubs and EPCR agree otherwise), with both clubs entitled to select new teams.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:44 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2174
Post Re: Round 6
mr messy wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Plenty of dead rubbers as is to be expected but home quarters and some qualification to sort out.

Who is going to bet against Connacht against Toulouse :D

Llanelli can finish with a decent amount of points on the board if they tear into Sale, or park and concentrate on bread and butter?

This year started IMO with a whimper but has got better.

Would love to see Wasps and Leinster meet at some point, both playing proper rugby. Munster Sarries might be juicy too


Are they seeding teams on past european performance or their league position?


The latter nowadays. The old Heineken Cup used to seed teams based on past Euro performance, but not anymore.


Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:31 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44102
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Round 6
najbritcol wrote:
The old Heineken Cup used to seed teams based on past Euro performance, but not anymore.


When did the change take effect, naj?

The Scarlets were very unlucky this weekend. They could have had a famous win.

Present status - 3rd in their Group. Scarlets - 10 points, 2 wins and the draw.


Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:32 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2174
Post Re: Round 6
Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
The old Heineken Cup used to seed teams based on past Euro performance, but not anymore.


When did the change take effect, naj?

The Scarlets were very unlucky this weekend. They could have had a famous win.

Present status - 3rd in their Group. Scarlets - 10 points, 2 wins and the draw.


When the new European Champions Cup was introduced in 2014-15 to replace the old HC, that's when they made seedings purely based on league position, which has had especially big ramifications for the Pro 12 (not complaining btw - it has helped make the league more competitive and meaningful).


Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44102
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Round 6
najbritcol wrote:
Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
The old Heineken Cup used to seed teams based on past Euro performance, but not anymore.


When did the change take effect, naj?



When the new European Champions Cup was introduced in 2014-15 to replace the old HC, that's when they made seedings purely based on league position, which has had especially big ramifications for the Pro 12 (not complaining btw - it has helped make the league more competitive and meaningful).


Cheers, byti.

:thumbup:


Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:28 am
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 pm
Posts: 234
Post Re: Round 6
Tony Panties wrote:
Conn are strong favourites to qualify.
Tlse need 5 pts and no BP for Conn to qualify.
They have to go for tries, it will open up the game from the start.
For me, Tlse will win but Conn will qualify.

Tlse have 2 out as a result of Wasps game Tolofua hooker and a prop Aldegheri(sp)


That's a brave prediction, I hope you're right.
Connacht have been struggling lately largely due to injuries but
apparently that situation has been improving.
They're still without Aki and Dillane though.
And then they've also lost Henshaw and Muldowney since
last season. It's a big ask.


Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: