It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Welsh Flagbearers v English Flagbearers 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Welsh Flagbearers v English Flagbearers
The crowd attendance was shockingly poor. However, there are three good reasons that may partly justify it:

(1) Many Scarlets supporters probably thought they would have absolutely no chance against Saracens, having only beaten Toulon by one point and still carrying wounds from the massacres they endured in Europe last season.

(2) 1pm on a Sunday afternoon just for TV rights is a bit antisocial.

(3) Nearby Ospreys were playing at home just two hours later. Had the two matches been scheduled further apart, perhaps more people would have gone to both of them. (Including me).

As for the match itself, while the Saracens had quite a few key injuries, so too did the Scarlets to a lesser extent (Patchell, van der Merwe), thus the Saracens were still the stronger squad by some distance. The Scarlets certainly put in a huge effort, and are a team that ought to be taken rather more seriously by rugby fans in general (including in no small measure in this very forum).

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

do *fupp* off

RIP Sean Spicer: "sometimes you can disagree with the facts" Awesome.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 pm
World XV Player

The age grade teams all play Sunday morning and it was expected that kids who play rugby in the region along with their parents would be missing this game. No excuse mind, the attendance was poor, very poor.

The atmosphere was as good as its been for many a season, I can't understand why rugby luvin folk (not just from the region but outside the regions as well) would want to miss the opportunity of seeing team like Saracens in town.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
As for the match itself, while the Saracens had quite a few key injuries, so too did the Scarlets to a lesser extent (Patchell, van der Merwe), thus the Saracens were still the stronger squad by some distance. The Scarlets certainly put in a huge effort, and are a team that ought to be taken rather more seriously by rugby fans in general (including in no small measure in this very forum).

Well if they continue to turn in decent performances then they will be given more gravitas; that's down to them.

Sean

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thought it was a little better than a gutsy performance and credit where it's due. Scarlets matched sarries in a number of areas: scrum was good, lineout ok, good in contact area

Don't think scarlets can go as far as saying they deserved to win as they were out scored on the try count 3-1. Scarlets attack was a little flappy... Dan jones kicked well but an international 9 and 10 would have won that game for scarlets

For me the important thing is what happens next... scarlets need to add quality to this side to improve areas which are weaker. And build on what they are doing. So it is imperative they keep their players. Liam will be a massive loss and he can be the only one that leaves in the summer. But I fear Lee, Evans and Ball will be high on the list of some teams

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Our international 9 and 10 were missing unfortunately.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm
World XV Player

Was a shame... the lack of depth in Welsh rugby can sometimes mean the replacements are very inexperienced at this level

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
But I fear Lee, Evans and Ball will be high on the list of some teams

If I remember rightly, they have all recently re-signed.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
But I fear Lee, Evans and Ball will be high on the list of some teams

If I remember rightly, they have all recently re-signed.

That's good as they outplayed their opposite numbers today.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
do *fupp* off

excellently and eloquently put

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
The Scarlets appear to be doing a Wales, playing above themselves.

Some of the quality of play from the Scarlets was excellent, as a team and individually.

What makes a mockery of it all and is symptomatic of the bullshit we have to put up with in Wales, next week as they were a fortnight ago, the same seemingly high quality players will be utter *fupping* shit.

Consistency is the challenge I agree, but the Scarlets still did well, hell I was expecting them to get thrashed.

Sean

Saracens were about 4 or 5 players short, but still a gutsy performance.

who were they missing? (genuine question)

Billy & mako vunipola, george kruis, brad barret, alex goode, chris wyles, duncan taylor & sean maitland. some big names missing & all regular starters but they do have a strong enough squad to cope. few others missing (like their prop who was red carded last week) who aren't regular first team players but does limit their options. if they don't get a few of those back i think they could struggle in the knock out stages.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

*fluffy*

http://vid01.bt.co.uk/v1/bc/pd/25039795 ... 802001.mp4

RIP Sean Spicer: "sometimes you can disagree with the facts" Awesome.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 pm
Junior Player

Saracens really f*cked up today, probably now coming 4th meaning an away Semi final if they do get through.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:03 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cathalsmart wrote:
Saracens really f*cked up today, probably now coming 4th meaning an away Semi final if they do get through.

You mean Scarlets?? they can't get through now after the Toulon result and it was next to impossible anyway

Saracens already through.

Toulon were useless for 70 mins yestarday.

However, the long awaited return from long injury by Tuisova and Giteau late in the game re ignited attacking form and 2 tries in the last 5 mins.*

Toulon have to win v Saracens away to get spot....

http://epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampi ... /index.php

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:11 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Have to say .. the french ref Ruiz is awful!! he refs by TMO, takes ages over resets and is generally incompetent.

Now he's going to prove me wrong....... :kermit:

Well he refed by TMO for every decision except the final Sarries try Tel, and this was the one where his view was most obscured in my opinion.

Had he gone to TMO with try or no try, then the TMO might well have given no try.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:26 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next