It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Welsh Flagbearers v English Flagbearers 
World XV Player

Post Re: Welsh Flagbearers v English Flagbearers
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry, I get the gist now

Sarries will only get an away semi is if they lose to Toulon at home ( my other comments above refer to that).

They have injuries but will be playing at home and Toulon's form has been poor.

However the other reference of return from injury by key players could have an effect.

If Toulon lose even with BP the 2nd in that pool will very probably miss 1/4s

Sorry about misinterpretation early in the morning and this Old Codger is barely awake :D

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:28 am
World XV Player

Gutted, :(

Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
do *fupp* off

excellently and eloquently put

Could I just add soon to that ;)

Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Unlucky Scarlets,I enjoyed the game as it showed that the supposed gap between the leagues is not as big as we think, strength in depth of squads is the difference.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:42 pm
World XV Player

nothappy120 wrote:
Unlucky Scarlets,I enjoyed the game as it showed that the supposed gap between the leagues is not as big as we think, strength in depth of squads is the difference.

Strength in depth is the difference and not the size of the squad as 'Dewi bloody Morris' continually states on Sky!

In fact there is Pro contract squad limit in the Top14, although the poresence of the U22 Espoirs attached teams and leagues does make a difference in succession and some nominated privilege in size.

It was a vain attempt to get a better spread across the league.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:45 am
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Worth adding that the pool of very talented young french players in the Espoirs U22 teams (each of the 30 Pro teams has a team and they have a full league competition) is ill used and foreigners recruited instead. There are, of course, exceptions and some team better than most at using that pool. Exceptional young players are often capped whilst still semi pro and there are very strong rules on parallel ex rugby training and qualification insistence.

Worth noting too that some A1 Top14 internationals are going to the Aviva :

Picamoles already at Saints from Tlse
Tolofua the excellent young Tlse hooker (capped at 19, was a stand out player v Wasps on Saturday) has signed for Saracens.

International centre Mermoz(was in the squad last Season) from Toulon to Leicester (just been released as Tuilagi injury joker and 3 yr contract). Eng dog is eating french dog whilst the reverse is impeded by the RFU ban on international selection of non based Eng players.

Pro rugby ;) ;)

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Did Chris Ashton's second try genuinely cross the line? Having seen it on TV, I am very unsure.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

najbritcol wrote:
Did Chris Ashton's second try genuinely cross the line? Having seen it on TV, I am very unsure.

if it didn't, the Scarlets players made a very bad job of complaining about it

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

I've just viewed the footage on Youtube and initially Ashton appeared to be stopped short; the last angle however (from behind the posts) strongly suggested that the ball (just) touched the line; if so, it's a try.

Sean

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

I've just viewed the footage on Youtube and initially Ashton appeared to be stopped short; the last angle however (from behind the posts) strongly suggested that the ball (just) touched the line; if so, it's a try.

Sean

Ref was running toward the changing room by then and missed Ashton taunting the Scarlets players.
Tuliagi had the correct medicine for him..

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7