It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Toulon v Scarlets 
World XV Player

Post Re: Toulon v Scarlets
Leinsterblue wrote:
Well done Scarlets ... Delighted they beat mad mourad's mob today. More proof of pro12 being garbage ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:48 pm
World XV Player

said they'd win

Same reason Leicester won, home advantage

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:51 pm
World XV Player

Leinsterblue wrote:
Well done Scarlets ... Delighted they beat mad mourad's mob today. More proof of pro12 being garbage ;)

Glasgow and Munster heading Pool 1, Connacht joint top of Pool 2 with 13 points, Scarlets beating one of the best teams in Europe in Pool 3, Leinster topping Pool 4 - whats going on. :D

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:54 pm
World XV Player

Superb win. Well done scarlets

Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:45 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
said they'd win

Same reason Leicester won, home advantage

Stop being such a cynical grump - home advantage has made no difference this season for Exeter, Northampton, Racing 92, Sale, Zebre... It was a good win built on solid defence and plenty of running.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Great result and good for Welsh rugby. Scarlets got good performances from their best players which doesn't half help. Owens, ball, lee, Evans, Scott Williams and parkes were excellent

Patchell is coming on as a 10 and is benefiting from a run in one position. Scarlets overseas signings have been shrewd and increase playing quality

Can they keep it up? History suggests they may go off the boil

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Patchell is really finding his feet now. Some big selection calls coming up as other players become available.

How can you split up Williams and Parkes in the centre, but surely Foxy has to play, but maybe not? Whose going to make way for McNicholl on the wing? Boyde had a great game, but what about Cubby? Elias v Ken, Bulbring v Beirne? Rawlings v Shingler?

The squad has had two tough games and so I hope they can turn themseves around for the Os on Boxing Day.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Patchell is really finding his feet now. Some big selection calls coming up as other players become available.

How can you split up Williams and Parkes in the centre, but surely Foxy has to play, but maybe not? Whose going to make way for McNicholl on the wing? Boyde had a great game, but what about Cubby? Elias v Ken, Bulbring v Beirne? Rawlings v Shingler?

The squad has had two tough games and so I hope they can turn themseves around for the Os on Boxing Day.

Some interesting selections ahead... Owens has to play for me. Elias is undoubtedly promising and has the raw materials to be an international. But I would have given Owens man of the match against Toulon and looks to be returning to some form

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:01 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Nice victory, and sadly due to our expectations, one that will be remembered and talked about for years to come.

Bit like the Wrexham always remembering how they beat Arsenal in the FA Cup, and to be honest that's what it looked like for a lot of it.

Toulon had all the possession and the opportunities and failed to come up with the goods, they don't look like a very together squad to me, and I don't think they believe in the coaching.

Still here's hoping that the Scarlets can put one foot in front of the other and build on this, but sadly I think it's an exceptional night rather than the road to being the expected norm

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:21 am
Profile E-mail WWW
British & Irish Lions Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Nice victory, and sadly due to our expectations, one that will be remembered and talked about for years to come.

Bit like the Wrexham always remembering how they beat Arsenal in the FA Cup, and to be honest that's what it looked like for a lot of it.

Toulon had all the possession and the opportunities and failed to come up with the goods, they don't look like a very together squad to me, and I don't think they believe in the coaching.

Still here's hoping that the Scarlets can put one foot in front of the other and build on this, but sadly I think it's an exceptional night rather than the road to being the expected norm

I don't know how often you watch, but the Scarlets are clearly developing something quite special at the minute. Defence/ Attack/ Set piece and breakdowns have all clearly been improved. That's 8 consecutive home wins, 11 from 16 overall this season and 10 from 12 since October 1st.

We're nowhere near being able to get out of this group with 2 recent champions in it, but we certainly proved our right to be in the premier competition this year and we should be confident of a top 4 spot and RCC rugby again next season.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I am pleased to hear that the Scarlets are improving, I really like them as a region and enjoy watching them but with respect to some on here, they have been a team playing on potential for a number of years. I really hope they can become good.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

ICEverything wrote:
Leinsterblue wrote:

Glasgow and Munster heading Pool 1, Connacht joint top of Pool 2 with 13 points, Scarlets beating one of the best teams in Europe in Pool 3, Leinster topping Pool 4 - whats going on. :D

Ssshhhhh. :shh: Keep it down or the English will change the rules again.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:01 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Pro 12 teams top 2 pools, English teams top 2, French teams top 1. Seems like a pretty reasonable distribution.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Pro 12 teams top 2 pools, English teams top 2, French teams top 1. Seems like a pretty reasonable distribution.

Yes yes yes, but you are supposed to be topping them all, thats the way the comp was set up to be mun :thefinger:

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:57 pm
World XV Player

wasp wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:

I don't know how often you watch, but the Scarlets are clearly developing something quite special at the minute. Defence/ Attack/ Set piece and breakdowns have all clearly been improved. That's 8 consecutive home wins, 11 from 16 overall this season and 10 from 12 since October 1st.

We're nowhere near being able to get out of this group with 2 recent champions in it, but we certainly proved our right to be in the premier competition this year and we should be confident of a top 4 spot and RCC rugby again next season.

Agree with a lot of that. If they had the additional funding that some of the English and French sides have, they could add some real firepower up front (number eight, lock, some better replacement props) and I think would be in a position to take that next step.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next