It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:21 am

How come Leinster are playing at the Aviva in the semi? 
World XV Player

Post Re: How come Leinster are playing at the Aviva in the semi?
The venue is what it is. I was at the Heineken Cup semi final between Cardiff Blues V Leicester in 2009.The game was played at the Millenium Stadium as was. I can’t recall Leicester fans complaining about it.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
The venue is what it is. I was at the Heineken Cup semi final between Cardiff Blues V Leicester in 2009.The game was played at the Millenium Stadium as was. I can’t recall Leicester fans complaining about it.
DOesnt make it right in either case. CArdiff Blues home ground is CAP not the MS. WHy do you think this is an anti-Leninster thing? this is a pro fairness thing!

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
S'not fair Scarlets fans say!! I'm with you Irish boys. Leinster thoroughly deserve their home draw, they are the top seeds, they played for it, they deserve it. Isn't that the whole point of the competition? Anyhow, The Scarlets will take loads of support and they'll all have a cracking day out in Dublin. What's not to like?

its not about Scarlets its about being fair. LEnister do deserve a home draw but the rules say in the COUNTRY of the home team. Not the same stadium as the quarter final.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
simondavis wrote:
S'not fair Scarlets fans say!! I'm with you Irish boys. Leinster thoroughly deserve their home draw, they are the top seeds, they played for it, they deserve it. Isn't that the whole point of the competition? Anyhow, The Scarlets will take loads of support and they'll all have a cracking day out in Dublin. What's not to like?

its not about Scarlets its about being fair. LEnister do deserve a home draw but the rules say in the COUNTRY of the home team. Not the same stadium as the quarter final.

Where do you think Cardiff Blues played their quarter final against Toulouse in 2009? I will give you a clue. It was the same venue as the semi final.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Where do you think Cardiff Blues played their quarter final against Toulouse in 2009? I will give you a clue. It was the same venue as the semi final.

I will give you a clue as well...read what I'm writing not assuming what you want me to write. I don't think its fair whoever plays on the same ground as the quarters. its not in the rules ...or spirit of the game.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:35 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
simondavis wrote:

I will give you a clue as well...read what I'm writing not assuming what you want me to write. I don't think its fair whoever plays on the same ground as the quarters. its not in the rules ...or spirit of the game.

A precedent has been set involving a Welsh region. Were you complaining about this back in 2009? Somehow I doubt it.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
A precedent has been set involving a Welsh region. Were you complaining about this back in 2009? Somehow I doubt it.

you raise it fair enough no problem...but its just what I'm thinking now!! cheers anyway.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Turkeys getting their excuses in early... :roll:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

I wonder how many tickets the Scarlets are likely to be allocated, IMO they would take around 10,000 to Dublin easy, at the 3 other semis they were in they had a big following. Should be a great day out, wish I could go.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

No matter how often Scarlets fans want to say it, but Lansdowne is not Leinster’s home ground, the RDS is.

There were three possible home country venues for this semifinal - one in Ireland, one in England and one in France.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I wonder how many tickets the Scarlets are likely to be allocated, IMO they would take around 10,000 to Dublin easy, at the 3 other semis they were in they had a big following. Should be a great day out, wish I could go.

8,000 well that was the amount that the Scarlets requested.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3449223

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
Turkeys getting their excuses in early... :roll:

Please return to your rear end :D

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:28 am
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Absolutely and well said.

Sean

Also the Scarlets will go there with plenty of confidence having won against Leinster and Munster out there last year - should be a cracking game.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:50 pm
World XV Player

Pot Hale wrote:
No matter how often Scarlets fans want to say it, but Lansdowne is not Leinster’s home ground, the RDS is.

There were three possible home country venues for this semifinal - one in Ireland, one in England and one in France.

A quick look at their fans forum and you will see that even Leinster fans are calling it a home game. :D

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 am
International Player

I think given the importance of home advantage in rugby semi-finals and finals should be st neutral grounds where ever possible irrespective of group performances. No idea who was in Leinster’s groups and undoubtedly they’ve been amazing as usual.

But every year, an Italian team is in someone’s group. I imagine there’s correlation in the number of points of group winners when in a group with an Italian side, and group winners’ points without an Italian side. This will give a team fortunate enough to draw an Italian team and good enough to exploit it, walking away with 10 points. Just a guess like, I’ve not checked! :D

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 pm