It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Leics Gladgow 
Junior Player

Post Re: Leics Gladgow
It's interesting when you compare the XVs and struggle to single out anybody from the Leicester side that would make it into the Glasgow side.

It was cart horses vs racehorses on Saturday and Glasgow weren't even at full strength. If we have a relative clean bill of health off back of 6N then I think we can give Sarries a real fright and there's a possibility that Hugh Jones will have signed for the club by then too :D

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:02 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Im not a Tigers fan by any stretch, quite the opposite, and I was delighted by the humiliation handed tomthem by Glasgow. HOWEVER, Leics were out and only had pride to play for, which they failed abysmally at, Glasgow on the other hand knew a win would get them through, and they did it with aplomb. Sarries will be a completely different proposition and they are at home, nothing would please me more but I just cant see it!

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:21 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

simondavis wrote:
No, I'm still scratching my head at that. :scratch:

A spreadsheet is needed. In essence it shows that Tigers Have been below average for tries scored in the Aviva and have been WAY below the points difference of the teams directly above and below them, meaning they are in their position by just about scraping wins over the weaker sides through sheer physical dominance. They have been battering their way to narrow wins recently and now that style of play doesn't work and hence the Tigers are either winning by a small amount of being absolutely torn to shreds, they don't convincingly beat anyone. Bearing in mind the stats I gave are averages for the entire prem, it looks even worse when you compare them just to the top half of the table. It's no surprise that Tigers are right at the bottom of tries scored in the European prem and been nilled twice, they have no attacking ability. Hell even the Italians did better.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:
No, I'm still scratching my head at that. :scratch:

A spreadsheet is needed. In essence it shows that Tigers Have been below average for tries scored in the Aviva and have been WAY below the points difference of the teams directly above and below them, meaning they are in their position by just about scraping wins over the weaker sides through sheer physical dominance. They have been battering their way to narrow wins recently and now that style of play doesn't work and hence the Tigers are either winning by a small amount of being absolutely torn to shreds, they don't convincingly beat anyone. Bearing in mind the stats I gave are averages for the entire prem, it looks even worse when you compare them just to the top half of the table. It's no surprise that Tigers are right at the bottom of tries scored in the European prem and been nilled twice, they have no attacking ability. Hell even the Italians did better.

A spreadsheet is needed!! :D :bs: What a load of bloody nonsense. I'm pretty sure that nobody at The Tigers is blaming their recent ills on a spreadsheet! And you harp on about physical dominance as if it's a bad thing and then go on to say that they have no attacking ability. What planet are you on?

Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:33 pm

simondavis wrote:
A spreadsheet is needed!! :D :bs: What a load of bloody nonsense. I'm pretty sure that nobody at The Tigers is blaming their recent ills on a spreadsheet! And you harp on about physical dominance as if it's a bad thing and then go on to say that they have no attacking ability. What planet are you on?

Have you ever complained about Wales over reliance on boshing? If so this concept should be easy for you to understand.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Have you ever complained about Wales over reliance on boshing? If so this concept should be easy for you to understand.

You really Don't know what you're talking about. Do you. And sadly you don't seem to realise this. Hohum

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 pm

simondavis wrote:
You really Don't know what you're talking about. Do you. And sadly you don't seem to realise this. Hohum

I notice you avoided an extremely simple question. Wales relied on boshing and you know as well as I do what unattractive rugby it was and how much people have complained. Have Wales started losing all their games? Nope, they are still up there. Well there you go, Tigers have also relied on physical dominance and also manage to keep getting enough wins to not be a complete failure but to deny that their brand of rugby is terrible and that their performances compared to teams around the same point in the table is laughable.

The only sad thing is how desperately you are attempting to pretend that the rot in Tigers is recent and not something that has been around for a while.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

:clown: Oh dear....

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:41 pm

simondavis wrote:

I accept you conceding the point, good say sir. :thefinger:

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:14 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
simondavis wrote:

I accept you conceding the point, good say sir. :thefinger:

Tragic.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:47 pm

simondavis wrote:
Tragic.

I am glad you can recognise that about yourself, acceptance is the first step to recovery. :occasion5:

Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Troron wrote:
dhook wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Leinsterblue wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
If only we could follow the small country way of doing thing instead of trying to follow the big country way

Fids I have long since given up hope of understanding the why's and the whats of Welsh regional rugby, there is NO reason why Osprey's, Blues or the Scarlets can't get to the top table of European rugby.... but a basic failure to hire quality coaches and an amazing and blindingly stupid decision to side with PRL against their own league colleagues which actually effected themselves the worst probably tell you all you need to know... It is frustrating from my point of view but |I can't imagine how p#ssed off the Welsh rugby public must be....

not at all, we've known for years self interest will destroy the game

No - England flexed their marketing might to grab a bigger slice of the commercial pie. Short term gain with zero thought for the future. Maybe England want a future where English or French clubs always win the European Champions Cup and England always win the 6 Nations but do they really believe that will be interesting or good for the game. You really should always have at least 2 Irish, 2 Welsh and 2 Scottish teams in the top European competition in my opinion. That is the only way that each region can attract quality overseas players and maintain/build interest with the fan base. Rugby is not football but these idiots in charge or the biggest English clubs seem to dream that one day it could be. It never will, especially when in 1 or 2 decades time the long term negative effects of playing rugby in the modern era become clear.

Er the 7 top pro 12 teams go through, more than Top 14 or Aviva who both get 6. Also why are you ignoring Italy? You think they shouldn't get an automatic place? What then? 2 Italian teams automatically as well? You also said "at least" so we are getting to a situation where you want almost half the European teams to be Pro 12 and then you have the nerve to say that's the fair solution? Then for the 20th place the Pro 12 get 2 clubs to compete to the Aviva and Top 14's 1 each. So how the *fupp* are you hard done by? 1 extra team by default and 1 extra team in the playoffs for the final place. I think if anyone is asking for a disproportionate slice of the pie, it's you. The European game is not there to help the Pro 12 regions deal with their problems.

Troron you could see it that way. You could also argue that per Nation England get 6,France 6, Scotland,Ireland and Wales get an average of 2 each with Italy getting one. In actual fact (and it is not a complaint) Ireland will normally have 3, Wales 2 and Scotland 1. Forget the allocation by league and look at the allocation per country.

And Yes, the European game, the IRB and the national unions ARE there to help, develop and grow rugby.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:12 am
Profile E-mail

macsporran wrote:
Troron you could see it that way. You could also argue that per Nation England get 6,France 6, Scotland,Ireland and Wales get an average of 2 each with Italy getting one. In actual fact (and it is not a complaint) Ireland will normally have 3, Wales 2 and Scotland 1. Forget the allocation by league and look at the allocation per country.

And Yes, the European game, the IRB and the national unions ARE there to help, develop and grow rugby.

Why would we look at it per country? England alone is larger than every Celt Pro 12 nation combined and more. You want to look at it per country but then switch to pro league when you want? If we go per country then England should have about 7 teams, France 8 and the Pro 12 can put 1 team each except Italy who can put their 2 teams. I could ask why should Pro 12 teams then get disproportionate representation to their size in the competition?

The competition is there to help grow rugby in ALL places, it's not there fore Pro 12 nations to **removed** off France and England and then have the nerve to turn around and say they are the ones getting a bad deal. Currently the Pro 12 is over-represented as a league and all of the Pro-12 nations except Italy are also over-represented in terms of country population, in terms to total number of teams... In every way the Pro 12 teams are over-represented and taking 1/3rd of the earnings is also out of proportion to what they raise. Everything even now is stacked in favour of the Pro 12 and the Heineken cup was even worse. There is no way whatsoever the HK could have been called fair and those saying that the current setup is because of the greedy English and French are deluded, not wanting a completely 1 sided and unfair deal doesn't make you greedy.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Jesus wept :!:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:28 am
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
Jesus wept :!:

Yes, I know, Troron must be related to Mr Trump...

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:49 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next