It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

Mini & Junior rugby falling apart? 
Site Admin

Post Re: Mini & Junior rugby falling apart?
MajorMellons wrote:
Chris ScumV wrote:
The new system IS school based. Schools recruit then transfer the players to clubs and fight to retain them within the game. hence the MASSIVE investment into schools rugby.

With the WRU paying £18,000 of a teachers wages at every hub school

As far as I am aware Chris, the WRU pay £10,000 and the other half is paid by the school, or schools, depending on the circumstances. Some Hub Officers are also paid with contributions from local clubs and/or sponsors.

I would have to check, I thought it was 50% up to a max of £18000?

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:57 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

The hub coaches I have come across are pretty good, I saw a few sessions recently and was impressed I was also surprised to see one at our club last week taking a session for our under 15s, fair play to the lad he was doing it in his own time in the evening.

I am led to believe that a lot of the players from the clubs that folded at the beginning of the season have transferred to other local teams which can only be a good thing and may very well be the beginning of the 'survival of the fittest' process that needs to happen as there are too many clubs and not enough players.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:27 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

We have bgan a process in our region of finding the REAL reason why players are leaving., i.e. the wru officers pick up the phone and speak to them/the parents. in many cases it is personalities that are driving them away. coaches play a huge part.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Is too much being made about minis and juniors, we are seeing a scrambling of clubs to create mins and juniors sides because they lost international tickets and now we are seeing poaching by those new sides for minis in an already crowded area, the regional guys just want to see kids playing and now we are spreading the playing base thin again. Sudden jumps are not helping, pitches being screwed over as we have 10 sides playing and training on them.

We need to be seeing proper structures in place to run clubs, and plans to get there

God promised the end of all wicked people, Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't know about you but I don't see any ice giants.
-- Are You a Wealthy Affiliate Yet? - Get Started Here --
Subscribe Advertise and Make Money

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:41 pm
Profile E-mail