It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Regional Age Grade Championship 
World XV Player

Post Re: Regional Age Grade Championship
It is about winning but lets define the word to win. You can lose the game but achive the aim for a start, like what our regions and clubs pre season is all about.

I am thrilled with whats happening in North Wales but even though they might take the odd pasting they are learning to walk and not trying to run. The lessons learnt now will pay dividends in 5 years time.

I love the passion coming through some posts but would also ask our Northern brethren to be patient.

If you get that frustrated feeling look at the Blues 2003 to the Blues 2010. Progressive development.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:50 am
Site Admin

Looks like I get to have fun soon.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:51 am
Possibly...but ,whatever happens this sunday D, lets take the POSITIVES from the encounter,please??? the match between the two "developement squads" at llanidloes last backend could have gone either way....sunday.... :thumbup:

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:53 am
Site Admin

Sometimes in your heart you know you are going to get a tuning, and accept that fact. Winning the game is not a realistic goal, so you set different goals.

It is unrealistic to set a goal that is unachievable.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:16 am
Profile E-mail
Do not fear going forward slowly, fear only to stand still....a great man is one who hasn't lost his child's heart....chinese-they not much cop @rugby , but good in the wisdom stakes :wink: :wink:

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 am
Quote:
The Ospreys U16's will look to make it three wins from three when they face Blues South at Llandarcy next week.

The Young Ospreys have a 100 per cent record after wins on the road against the Scarlets and RGC 1404, ahead of their first home fixture of the new season at Llandarcy Academy of Sport on Wednesday 1st September at 7.15pm.

The team has been named as follows:

15 Adam Rowlands
14 James Needs
13 Matthew Burnell
12 Joe Thomas
11 Dafydd Howells
10 Josh White
9 Daniel Brooks

1 Lewis Jonathan
2 Jack Williams
3 Dan Owens
4 Tom Lewis
5 Rhys Morgan
6 Bradley Evans (Capt)
7 Carl Leyshon
8 Callum Davies

Replacements

16 Gerwyn Stone
17 Michael Parmenter
18 Adam Williams
19 Lewis Cox
20 Tom Maggs
21 Liam Popham
22 Jack Anderson
23 Josh Seldon
24 Tom Williams

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/4103.php

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:33 am
Chris ScumV wrote:
Sometimes in your heart you know you are going to get a tuning, and accept that fact. Winning the game is not a realistic goal, so you set different goals.

It is unrealistic to set a goal that is unachievable.

GOAL seemed achievable at one stage though Chris(not so long ago in fact)...this is what many find,not so much unnacceptable,more baffling & bewilderig?? If one checks out results posted by our biys up 'til 2nd game vs. a half decent Lancashire side last season....a previously good side seem to have moved alarmingly backwards :dontknow: :dontknow: ...wot i'm trying to say, without any bitching is: a good side don't turn into a bad side overnight-least not for no reason & it needs looking at,particularly as much was promised & expected of these boys. :?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 am
Primary Schools Player

Hooker u sound a balanced kind a guy, you seem to have a chip on each shoulder!

Suggest u go and talk to people and express your opinions face to face rather than hiding here behind your forum name. Or is that too much to ask, your comments are doing nothing to help your childs age group.

Front up or shut up! dont hide here

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:36 pm
Profile E-mail
oldprop wrote:

Suggest u go and talk to people and express your opinions face to face rather than hiding here behind your forum name. Or is that too much to ask, your comments are doing nothing to help your childs age group.

Spot on, well said.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:07 pm
oldprop wrote:

have allready MATE & don't need advice from you !! big enough ,balls enough etc,so please BUTT OUT,whilst i appreciate your concern, you really don't know what you are talking about, and i will deal with them in my own way THANKYOU.... though i doubt that your concern is genuine.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:44 pm
Primary Schools Player

Hooker this will be my last post on this subject.

My son played in the Under 16 last year with the majority of this coaching staff and was prpared to listen to other views etc, he has improved as a player and as a person and had a fantastic time last season with the RGC 1404 experience. Did i agree with everything that was done ......no. But hey they were doing the coaching not me, i asked questions they answered them, I understood where they were coming from and respected there view/opinions.

if you can't live with what is on offer its a free country why not volunteer to take on the coaching and mould your own team ethos and style :D

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

hooker626962 wrote:
oldprop wrote:

have allready MATE & don't need advice from you !! big enough ,balls enough etc,so please BUTT OUT,whilst i appreciate your concern, you really don't know what you are talking about, and i will deal with them in my own way THANKYOU.... though i doubt that your concern is genuine.

A great shame that this well intentioned thread has developed as it has and at no time did anyone think; "of course, there is no way that this thread and associated ones will degenerate into tedious name calling and a slur on anothers ability, professionalism and motives, nope, absolutely no way, not ever"!

Me, I'm just a bloke, an English bloke who is now very far removed from anything to do with development and pathways in England but interested in how some othwer bugger is doing it and that has been ruined.

Time for some folk to go that way and others to go another. Now, if you want a posting joust about something .............. anything then I'm yer man but not here eh.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

PS: No intended dig at oldprop ^^^^^^^

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

I have followed these threads for some time. And I agree with Sleeper that it is a shame that some prefer to spout their own selfish opinions rather than supporting the players they obviously care about.

I have watched all the RGC games this season and have done so with great interest.

I have seen a very depleted team fight hard against the odds down in Aberdare. I have seen a splendid and well-conceived performance against Ospreys spoiled by a few uncharacteristic errors.

This week I saw a team who did not want to compete, up against a Dragons side who showed structure, intent and commitment to the cause from start to finish.

It wasn't until the second half that the Gogledd boys actually started to put 2 and 2 together and make 4 defensively. A sad but very, very true fact.

I am a fan of these boys. I was last year. I will be next year. I believe there were two players in the welsh schools training squad last season. One of those went to Rome with the Wales U16's and both of those boys are now with the Scarlets. I wish them every success there and I hope everyone else does.

If we want honesty. RGC deserved their loss this week. Far more than some parents may be willing to accept. And yes, we can beat up the coaches and whine at the manager but when it comes down to it, if the boys don't perform (and they didn't) then maybe the question is more about whether those parents are a support or a disruptive influence.

Personally, what I saw and heard on the touchline this weekend was far from support.

Congratulations to the Dragons. This was a deserved win which they worked for.

I hope I will be welcomed to post again but if you have need to criticise my thoughts or observations, you need only seek me out this Sunday. If our boys do as well as we have seen they can do (and by that I mean in training, and against Ospreys - which strangely was following the coaching) then Blues South might just get a shock.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Well said MT.

I really don't think some parents realise the damage they are doing when they are openly critical. These are kids at the end of the day, they need protection, they need to believe, and how can they believe in a gameplan put together by a coach their father tells them is crap?

Sporting success is largely built on belief, undermine that belief, and losses will surely follow.

Below is something that people need to read, and more importantly think about :)

COACH RESPONSIBILITIES
• To develop in all players an appreciation of rugby.
• To develop each player’s maximum potential.
• To encourage and deliberately boost the confidence of all players.
• DO NOT ridicule.
• Ensure each coaching session is well prepared with the coaching emphasis
being placed on the development and acquisition of skill, decision making and
an understanding of the game.
• Maintain the highest standards of personal discipline and courtesy during
matches irrespective of the result and be a perfect role model for the young
people.

PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set an example to your child:
–– Applaud good play by your team and by members of the opposing team.
–– Be friendly to parents of the opposition.
––Do not question publicly the referee’s decision.
––Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from mini and junior rugby.
––Recognise and value the importance of coaches.
• Do not force an unwilling child to participate in rugby, their enjoyment is
paramount.
• Encourage your child to play by the Laws/Rules.
• Teach your child the importance of effort and teamwork.
• Help your child to improve skills and to learn a positive attitude to the game.

PLAYER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Play Rugby within the Laws and the Sporting Spirit of the Game.
• Support and cooperate with fellow team members to ensure the team plays to
its maximum capability.
• Respect the opposition without whom the match would not take place.
• Respect the referee and accept all decisions without dissension.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next