It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:51 am

New Season, New Laws - Feeding essentially allowed 
World XV Player

Post New Season, New Laws - Feeding essentially allowed
http://www.englandrugby.com/news/world- ... 99451364=1

The ball no longer has to go down the middle. I'm pretty sure this is to allow the lower levels to do what happens at the top level anyway, but the statement that this will allow a fair contest for the ball is laughable.

The eight going digging for the ball will only work if they allow play to continue from a collapsed scrum, and in the vast majority of cases do so without making up an infringement against the other side for a penalty advantage.

I must admit I wasn't aware that certain feet couldn't be used to hook the ball, I'm not sure how the failure of the attacking side not to hook would work in practice, or ever?

The rucking stuff is okay, The McCaw move of coming in the 'wrong' side has been made illegal, and no opposition required to form a ruck, which is a shame cos it means you won't get to see the likes of Dylan Hartley and James Haskell looking totally *fupping* clueless on ref cam again.

I'm not sure if the Laws being trialled in the SH that the Lions games fell under will apply or not to us here in the NH

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW