It is currently Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Scrum Collapse 
Mini Player

Post Scrum Collapse
:occasion5: Being a member of the old school of the scrumage why can't the powers that be see that this new method of the scrum has not worked. The time that is wasted is not acceptable for the good of the game. My offer of a solution is as follows, instead of the packs colliding together at the set of the scrum why not let the front rows engage so that the props can get a grip of the opposition shirt, and then at a signal from the Ref the two packs can start to put the weight on in the scrum avoiding the collapse of the scum on impact.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Scrum Collapse
streetworks wrote:
:occasion5: Being a member of the old school of the scrumage why can't the powers that be see that this new method of the scrum has not worked. The time that is wasted is not acceptable for the good of the game. My offer of a solution is as follows, instead of the packs colliding together at the set of the scrum why not let the front rows engage so that the props can get a grip of the opposition shirt, and then at a signal from the Ref the two packs can start to put the weight on in the scrum avoiding the collapse of the scum on impact.

See where your coming from..... Only problem is, you cant reach the areas you need to hold before the engage, unless you have "go go gadget arms".

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

unless what is ment is the front rows only engage first the the rest comes in
anything should be tried then something that works may come out of it

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

How about putting it back to what it was before they stared messing with the rules? Dump lifting in lineouts too.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

It was terrible in the Os V Scallies match today, Binding was optional, and then only on the arms as often as not. Manu was dropping to his knees, and the penalty was going against the ospreys?

Scrum has now deteriorated into a lottery.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

A clear directive from Paddy O'Brainfart is not forthcoming.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:09 am
Mini Player

I would like to take this a stage further, it is my view that if props & hookers were a product then they would contravene the trades description act, hookers do not hook and props do not prop in the modern game. The current situation means most scrums are going to either end by collapsing or the front rows are going to pop up. Make both props scrummage with one foot in front of the other and the hooker suspended with his feet in a striking position, the push should come from the 2nd row and the hooker must strike for the ball and the ball must be put in according to the law, simple is it not!!!

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Take it another stage further, byti.

We've done "the referee's failure to observe the Laws bit".

Which club do you support?

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:52 am