It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:52 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 6031
Location: Pretoria
Post quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
I for one will be be so happy if that day breaks that we can pick our best team irrespective colour even if it is 15 blacks or whites or browns or yellows or whatever
since 98 we under law and leeway in 2007 n=but the law was back in 2011 and quota % are prescriptive e.g in 5 years it is 90% black and 10% white and right now it is 50/50. We won may a test but we could have done even better with our best. For me it is like telling the American basketball team to be 90% white ...they will not be their best. On top we are 24 years into democracy!

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springb ... r-20180608

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:40 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
Quotas are racist, if it was the other way round there would be uproar from the media, but as it is all we hear is silence. South Africa has a racist government. Apartheid was condemned world wide, yet now we have a black government being blatantly racist and its being accepted from the international community.

You are wasting your breath here Bokbefok, many in the UK have been brainwashed by the left, to believe that white people have a wicked past and therefore deserve whatever they get. You have posted before about quotas and have mentioned white farmers being killed, and land expropriation without compensation, and its all fallen on deaf ears, and it will continue to do so, yet watch the finger pointing and accusations of racist to my post. Thats the world in which we live today, in a nutshell, blind to the truth, you can't even debate it in this country.


Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:20 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Quotas are racist, if it was the other way round there would be uproar from the media, but as it is all we hear is silence. South Africa has a racist government. Apartheid was condemned world wide, yet now we have a black government being blatantly racist and its being accepted from the international community.

You are wasting your breath here Bokbefok, many in the UK have been brainwashed by the left, to believe that white people have a wicked past and therefore deserve whatever they get. You have posted before about quotas and have mentioned white farmers being killed, and land expropriation without compensation, and its all fallen on deaf ears, and it will continue to do so, yet watch the finger pointing and accusations of racist to my post. Thats the world in which we live today, in a nutshell, blind to the truth, you can't even debate it in this country.


You are now.

Imo, as far as S Africa is concerned there are faults on both sides and one can't ignore Countries like Zimbabwe and others with similar problems. The problem is with those that extenuate one argument or another rather than opt for a position of reconciliation.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:40 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11962
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Quotas are racist, if it was the other way round there would be uproar from the media, but as it is all we hear is silence. South Africa has a racist government. Apartheid was condemned world wide, yet now we have a black government being blatantly racist and its being accepted from the international community.

You are wasting your breath here Bokbefok, many in the UK have been brainwashed by the left, to believe that white people have a wicked past and therefore deserve whatever they get. You have posted before about quotas and have mentioned white farmers being killed, and land expropriation without compensation, and its all fallen on deaf ears, and it will continue to do so, yet watch the finger pointing and accusations of racist to my post. Thats the world in which we live today, in a nutshell, blind to the truth, you can't even debate it in this country.



My truth is that your a racist and a *nobby*, we could debate it, but due to the overwhelming evidence my mind is set.

You have changed Bokbefok post around and attack the people you like to attack, blacks and people on the left, because you're a nauseating individual.

I agree with everything Bokbefok has written on the thread, racism is racism and what is happening with quotas is racism. I disagree with the slant you have put on it though, the decisions are wrong because of the decisions not because of the colour of the people's skin that made those decisions and the same should be said of the past. You are a poisonous cretin because it is in your nature, it has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
Blindside wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Quotas are racist, if it was the other way round there would be uproar from the media, but as it is all we hear is silence. South Africa has a racist government. Apartheid was condemned world wide, yet now we have a black government being blatantly racist and its being accepted from the international community.

You are wasting your breath here Bokbefok, many in the UK have been brainwashed by the left, to believe that white people have a wicked past and therefore deserve whatever they get. You have posted before about quotas and have mentioned white farmers being killed, and land expropriation without compensation, and its all fallen on deaf ears, and it will continue to do so, yet watch the finger pointing and accusations of racist to my post. Thats the world in which we live today, in a nutshell, blind to the truth, you can't even debate it in this country.



My truth is that your a racist and a *nobby*, we could debate it, but due to the overwhelming evidence my mind is set.

You have changed Bokbefok post around and attack the people you like to attack, blacks and people on the left, because you're a nauseating individual.

I agree with everything Bokbefok has written on the thread, racism is racism and what is happening with quotas is racism. I disagree with the slant you have put on it though, the decisions are wrong because of the decisions not because of the colour of the people's skin that made those decisions and the same should be said of the past. You are a poisonous cretin because it is in your nature, it has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.


Typical leftist doctrine, call names and hurl insults as you have no argument.
Question, are you denying South Africa has a racist government? also highlight the part of my post you think is racist, and why?
Note, I am not calling you names back as I wish to debate this, come back with your side of the argument.

By the way, you don't know me from a bar of soap, yet it interesting that you think you know my nature, and seem to know what I like.


Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 pm
Posts: 1993
Location: Boksburg
Post 
I think the majority of people on S A are not racist at all. It is minorities that are but unfortunately they are growing in numbers and no good for their political leaders to sing songs such as Kill the Boers (farmer) and Bring me my machine gun so I can kill the Whites.
Specially nowadays when the far-right white group had died years back.
Now we have a black-on-white genocide by these minorities but dangerously growing.

I don't believe the govt is racist but the laws are..BEE, AA, no-more Afrikaans speaking schools allowed, quotas etc.

We won yet another test with our quota team which said we can play a merit team if allowed

_________________
I made Boksburg famous


Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:38 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11962
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Blindside wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Quotas are racist, if it was the other way round there would be uproar from the media, but as it is all we hear is silence. South Africa has a racist government. Apartheid was condemned world wide, yet now we have a black government being blatantly racist and its being accepted from the international community.

You are wasting your breath here Bokbefok, many in the UK have been brainwashed by the left, to believe that white people have a wicked past and therefore deserve whatever they get. You have posted before about quotas and have mentioned white farmers being killed, and land expropriation without compensation, and its all fallen on deaf ears, and it will continue to do so, yet watch the finger pointing and accusations of racist to my post. Thats the world in which we live today, in a nutshell, blind to the truth, you can't even debate it in this country.



My truth is that your a racist and a *nobby*, we could debate it, but due to the overwhelming evidence my mind is set.

You have changed Bokbefok post around and attack the people you like to attack, blacks and people on the left, because you're a nauseating individual.

I agree with everything Bokbefok has written on the thread, racism is racism and what is happening with quotas is racism. I disagree with the slant you have put on it though, the decisions are wrong because of the decisions not because of the colour of the people's skin that made those decisions and the same should be said of the past. You are a poisonous cretin because it is in your nature, it has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.


Typical leftist doctrine, call names and hurl insults as you have no argument.
Question, are you denying South Africa has a racist government? also highlight the part of my post you think is racist, and why?
Note, I am not calling you names back as I wish to debate this, come back with your side of the argument.

By the way, you don't know me from a bar of soap, yet it interesting that you think you know my nature, and seem to know what I like.



I dont want to debate with the likes of you, but thanks for the offer. Ive read some of your opinions and a don't like you. :thumbright:

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
Blindside wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Blindside wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Quotas are racist, if it was the other way round there would be uproar from the media, but as it is all we hear is silence. South Africa has a racist government. Apartheid was condemned world wide, yet now we have a black government being blatantly racist and its being accepted from the international community.

You are wasting your breath here Bokbefok, many in the UK have been brainwashed by the left, to believe that white people have a wicked past and therefore deserve whatever they get. You have posted before about quotas and have mentioned white farmers being killed, and land expropriation without compensation, and its all fallen on deaf ears, and it will continue to do so, yet watch the finger pointing and accusations of racist to my post. Thats the world in which we live today, in a nutshell, blind to the truth, you can't even debate it in this country.



My truth is that your a racist and a *nobby*, we could debate it, but due to the overwhelming evidence my mind is set.

You have changed Bokbefok post around and attack the people you like to attack, blacks and people on the left, because you're a nauseating individual.

I agree with everything Bokbefok has written on the thread, racism is racism and what is happening with quotas is racism. I disagree with the slant you have put on it though, the decisions are wrong because of the decisions not because of the colour of the people's skin that made those decisions and the same should be said of the past. You are a poisonous cretin because it is in your nature, it has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.


Typical leftist doctrine, call names and hurl insults as you have no argument.
Question, are you denying South Africa has a racist government? also highlight the part of my post you think is racist, and why?
Note, I am not calling you names back as I wish to debate this, come back with your side of the argument.

By the way, you don't know me from a bar of soap, yet it interesting that you think you know my nature, and seem to know what I like.



I dont want to debate with the likes of you, but thanks for the offer. Ive read some of your opinions and a don't like you. :thumbright:


Just as I thought, you don't want to debate because you don't have an argument, thanks for proving me right, good day to you.


Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11962
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Blindside wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Blindside wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Quotas are racist, if it was the other way round there would be uproar from the media, but as it is all we hear is silence. South Africa has a racist government. Apartheid was condemned world wide, yet now we have a black government being blatantly racist and its being accepted from the international community.

You are wasting your breath here Bokbefok, many in the UK have been brainwashed by the left, to believe that white people have a wicked past and therefore deserve whatever they get. You have posted before about quotas and have mentioned white farmers being killed, and land expropriation without compensation, and its all fallen on deaf ears, and it will continue to do so, yet watch the finger pointing and accusations of racist to my post. Thats the world in which we live today, in a nutshell, blind to the truth, you can't even debate it in this country.



My truth is that your a racist and a *nobby*, we could debate it, but due to the overwhelming evidence my mind is set.

You have changed Bokbefok post around and attack the people you like to attack, blacks and people on the left, because you're a nauseating individual.

I agree with everything Bokbefok has written on the thread, racism is racism and what is happening with quotas is racism. I disagree with the slant you have put on it though, the decisions are wrong because of the decisions not because of the colour of the people's skin that made those decisions and the same should be said of the past. You are a poisonous cretin because it is in your nature, it has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.


Typical leftist doctrine, call names and hurl insults as you have no argument.
Question, are you denying South Africa has a racist government? also highlight the part of my post you think is racist, and why?
Note, I am not calling you names back as I wish to debate this, come back with your side of the argument.

By the way, you don't know me from a bar of soap, yet it interesting that you think you know my nature, and seem to know what I like.



I dont want to debate with the likes of you, but thanks for the offer. Ive read some of your opinions and a don't like you. :thumbright:


Just as I thought, you don't want to debate because you don't have an argument, thanks for proving me right, good day to you.



Pleasure :)

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:25 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1239
Post Re: quotas-are-dying-says-england-based-saffer
Bokbefok wrote:
For me it is like telling the American basketball team to be 90% white ...they will not be their best.


No that's a different situation to South Africa.
The large number of Black players in American basketball are there because they are better players than most White players even though White players have at least as good access to facilities, scholarships and coaching as the Black players have.
The large numbers of White players in South African rugby are there because most Black players have significantly less access to facilities and coaching than White players have.

Given the big challenges that South African society faces it's not a surprise that player quotas have been used as a soft lever. A hard lever would involve a huge redistribution of wealth and wealth generating opportunities.


Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 pm
Posts: 1993
Location: Boksburg
Post 
BS! You must have been to SA 30 years ago. That is not the current situation at all. There is no lack of facilities. People still prefer soccer rather than rugby.

_________________
I made Boksburg famous


Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm
Profile
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1239
Post Re:
Vernon wrote:
BS! You must have been to SA 30 years ago. That is not the current situation at all. There is no lack of facilities. People still prefer soccer rather than rugby.


http://theconversation.com/south-africa ... kids-95551

Well Vernon it looks to me like you're using the same excuse that was being used 30 years (and more) ago.


Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Re: Re:
eog wrote:
Vernon wrote:
BS! You must have been to SA 30 years ago. That is not the current situation at all. There is no lack of facilities. People still prefer soccer rather than rugby.


http://theconversation.com/south-africa ... kids-95551

Well Vernon it looks to me like you're using the same excuse that was being used 30 years (and more) ago.

Image

A subject that when push comes to shove it is very difficult to have an open debate?

Image

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:37 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 pm
Posts: 1993
Location: Boksburg
Post 
I opened the photo of your link eog and there it is for all and sundry to see
the kids are kicking a SOCCER ball around. In the bush war we (blacks and whites) played on a dirt track the same as the one on your soccer photo but the difference is we played rugby although there were no grass and massive risk of injuries
FFS start planting grass I would say to the teachers if I was the schoolhead because we had to plant grass as schoolkids (and we were a multiracial school) after school hours when our school wanted an additional rugby field

_________________
I made Boksburg famous


Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 6031
Location: Pretoria
Post 
Vern do you really think this is about a playing facility or a hand back on England losing the test? I agree with you in teaching a man to fish instead of giving a man a fish whether he be yellow brown black or white

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: