It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Super Rugby News 
World XV Player

Post Re: Super Rugby News
loosechange wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Seriously though, hopefully the poaching does stop, we need to hold onto these players.
You are only going to hold on to these players if the money paid makes the prospect of NH money look less tempting, even then if the volume of players exceeds the available places, players will still leave not just for the money as much as for the chance to play and earn.

I was just taking the piss bro. Was having a dig, albeit a pretty sad dig, at the PI teams for stealing our players....... We can’t really do anything about players leaving, our biggest draw card is the national jersey and possibly our structures and country. We will never be able to equal the pound, euro or yen. It’s why we will never select players outside of NZ.

It has been suggested by NZRFU that there may be chosen 'havens' in the N Hemp where NZ players can seek profitable sabaticals and thus keep the big players and allow them to remain full international status (declared in statements fron NZRFU hierarchy during the recent debate on the subject and debated on here).

That seems a cute workaround whilst still pretending to maintaining the principle of only home players for international selectionand power of the jersey.

Sabaticals have already been used for players, Carter et al to use the sabatical route in order to pretend to maintain the principle?

Other S Hemp countries have experimented with other route e.g only well established players can be selected from abroad.

As already mentioned Arg have ceded the rule now too in order to get a decent team for the World Cup.

All a bit of a sham or fingers in the dyke (meant kindly and not sexually) really!?

Thu May 17, 2018 5:12 am
Site Admin

loosechange wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Seriously though, hopefully the poaching does stop, we need to hold onto these players.
You are only going to hold on to these players if the money paid makes the prospect of NH money look less tempting, even then if the volume of players exceeds the available places, players will still leave not just for the money as much as for the chance to play and earn.

I was just taking the piss bro. Was having a dig, albeit a pretty sad dig, at the PI teams for stealing our players....... We can’t really do anything about players leaving, our biggest draw card is the national jersey and possibly our structures and country. We will never be able to equal the pound, euro or yen. It’s why we will never select players outside of NZ.

Fair enough :thumbright:

Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
loosechange wrote:

It has been suggested by NZRFU that there may be chosen 'havens' in the N Hemp where NZ players can seek profitable sabaticals and thus keep the big players and allow them to remain full international status (declared in statements fron NZRFU hierarchy during the recent debate on the subject and debated on here).

That seems a cute workaround whilst still pretending to maintaining the principle of only home players for international selectionand power of the jersey.

Sabaticals have already been used for players, Carter et al to use the sabatical route in order to pretend to maintain the principle?

Other S Hemp countries have experimented with other route e.g only well established players can be selected from abroad.

As already mentioned Arg have ceded the rule now too in order to get a decent team for the World Cup.

All a bit of a sham or fingers in the dyke (meant kindly and not sexually) really!?

Yeah, the NZRFU are looking at choosing some clubs around the globe who will have close relations and I’m guessing will allow the NZRFU to have some say in the use of players, probably for a decent price? Not sure but I think its a good move and will give us a lot more players to choose from. If it does happen then they won’t be pretending, it’ll be reality. The NZRFU have to stick to the rule, and they have. I don’t know why you keep on bringing up “pretending” etc. :scratch: I remember you saying this rule wouldn’t last, a long time ago. It might get changed a bit along the way, but it’ll never get canned. It’s a great rule, and the biggest reason why we are where we are.

Sabbaticals are for players who have earned the right by sticking with NZ for a number of years. The principle still stands. Leave and you won’t get selected unless you’ve got a deep history with NZ, and the blackness.

Other countries don’t have the same situation, they are not the AB’s.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 am