It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:56 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Damn Springboks wont be on merit again 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 6030
Location: Pretoria
Post Damn Springboks wont be on merit again
Not enough black forwards have been backed at Super Rugby level at recent times. Springbok coach are under string supervision to oblige to the 50%white and 50%black players quota sports law. All these years since it was implemented 18 years back Springboks were very much close to their best except 2007-2010 when the dragonic law was scrapped and the Springboks could pick their best. I believed and hope we would get there this year because in 5 years time it is 90/10 quotas and a large proportion from where the 90% should come from are into soccer.
Springboks will have to pick its forward pack from Pro14 in Mohoje and Ox Nche. Beast playing S15 only black forward on merit. Chilliboy Rallepella will have to backup Marx at hooker but Chilliboy doesn't even make the Sharks with Akker van der Merwe and Marais their first choices. Trevor Nyakane improved this season and will start or bench but not on merit. Kolisi blow hot and cold again. The merit open fetcher is Kwagga Smith but can't see them dropping Kolisi. nr8 also could come from Pro14 in Cassiem Azzier.

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: Damn Springboks wont be on merit again
Isn't it strange that the media are so silent against these racist quota's, you would be guarantee the media would be all of this like a rash if they had racist quota's against black players, funny how it never works the other way around.
All this will achieve is the end of South Africa as a major force in world rugby.

Good news for Wales though, it means we can beat you more often, before all this nonsense started wins for us against SA were very rare indeed.


Sun May 06, 2018 7:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15517
Location: Japan
Post Re: Damn Springboks wont be on merit again
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Isn't it strange that the media are so silent against these racist quota's, you would be guarantee the media would be all of this like a rash if they had racist quota's against black players, funny how it never works the other way around.
All this will achieve is the end of South Africa as a major force in world rugby.

Good news for Wales though, it means we can beat you more often, before all this nonsense started wins for us against SA were very rare indeed.

It’s not all over the news because they are trying(rightly or wrongly) to get the balance to where it should be, and if they do embrace the black population and get them interested in the game, it could be a major boost to their rugby stocks.

I’m still undecided if it’s the way forward, but who am I to question how black people in SA feel about rugby in their country. See what happens I guess.

And before anyone blames racial quotas for the wheels falling off the springbok bus, most of their super teams were trash way before any of this.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon May 07, 2018 1:45 am
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: Damn Springboks wont be on merit again
loosechange wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Isn't it strange that the media are so silent against these racist quota's, you would be guarantee the media would be all of this like a rash if they had racist quota's against black players, funny how it never works the other way around.
All this will achieve is the end of South Africa as a major force in world rugby.

Good news for Wales though, it means we can beat you more often, before all this nonsense started wins for us against SA were very rare indeed.

It’s not all over the news because they are trying(rightly or wrongly) to get the balance to where it should be, and if they do embrace the black population and get them interested in the game, it could be a major boost to their rugby stocks.

I’m still undecided if it’s the way forward, but who am I to question how black people in SA feel about rugby in their country. See what happens I guess.

And before anyone blames racial quotas for the wheels falling off the springbok bus, most of their super teams were trash way before any of this.


Why not introduce racial quota's in the USA then, in the NFL and NBA? where the vast majority of players are African-Americans, why not address that imbalance?

IMO sport should be left alone to those who know the game, and those who play it should be left alone to get to the top on merit ONLY, and not by the colour of their skin.


Mon May 07, 2018 2:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15517
Location: Japan
Post Re: Damn Springboks wont be on merit again
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
loosechange wrote:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Isn't it strange that the media are so silent against these racist quota's, you would be guarantee the media would be all of this like a rash if they had racist quota's against black players, funny how it never works the other way around.
All this will achieve is the end of South Africa as a major force in world rugby.

Good news for Wales though, it means we can beat you more often, before all this nonsense started wins for us against SA were very rare indeed.

It’s not all over the news because they are trying(rightly or wrongly) to get the balance to where it should be, and if they do embrace the black population and get them interested in the game, it could be a major boost to their rugby stocks.

I’m still undecided if it’s the way forward, but who am I to question how black people in SA feel about rugby in their country. See what happens I guess.

And before anyone blames racial quotas for the wheels falling off the springbok bus, most of their super teams were trash way before any of this.


Why not introduce racial quota's in the USA then, in the NFL and NBA? where the vast majority of players are African-Americans, why not address that imbalance?

IMO sport should be left alone to those who know the game, and those who play it should be left alone to get to the top on merit ONLY, and not by the colour of their skin.

Black people in America aren’t the majority, they aren’t in power, so have no chance of imposing how they want to run their country. The imbalance in American sports is probably down to physical makeup, and this is kind of my point with regards to blacks in SA. They are a huge, untapped, and until recently, unwanted resource.

I agree about sport being left alone, but it’s not my place to say something about racial issues in a country like SA because I’ve never been in their situation. They’ve been treated a bit shit for a long time, and feel it’s the way forward for them. Could ruin the sport of rugby, could also put them in a stronger position then they were when they had proper racial teams.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 6030
Location: Pretoria
Post 
this colour of skin thing is pissing me off because I wouldn't mind if the whole team is black or the whole team is white as long as theyr'e the best.
the perception of us not wanting not allowing blacks to play is also pissing me off. Saru's constitution says 2 of the 3 executives must be black and they are so where does this WW2 perception comes from

all I want is a team on merit as in pre '97 and in 2007-2010 when quotas were miraculously scrapped

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Sun May 13, 2018 7:47 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron