It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Super Rugby futures..... 
World XV Player

Post Re: Super Rugby futures.....
Figaro wrote:
The need to grow the game and involve developing nations is the exact reason why we shouldn't be contracting competitions, kicking teams out and blocking expansion. Player welfare is important yes, but there are other ways to reduce the number of games played.

There has been a political aspect too ...
e.g Jaguares were created to try and collect dispersed Argies into a home unit.

It has only been partially successful and the team is non competitive.

The S Hemp has probs wih the financials and they rely heavily on N Hemp games and Tours and this elongates Seasons and makes the overall # of games and Player Welfare untenable other than to cut something?

I also contest your premise about development nations, I think a structured tiered hierarchy be it with less teams within would help that.

The EPCR e.g baulked at that.

Professional aspect is outstripping the games necessary growth pattern?

..and cutting league sizes and even International competitions should be part of it?

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 pm
World XV Player

Post Re:
Vernon wrote:
Jip Blues won the Competion before and jip some ABs playing for them and jip SBW... that will make me no twat hey.. but
if S15 wants to aspire to be the best competition in rugby they need to drop 3 teams and sadly the Auckland Blues are one of them.
For the past 5 years sad story and bottoms. 5 years back Blues ended second from bottom and they are at it again...same old story now for 5 years and we must pay tv channels fee for crap
scrap Blues Sunwolves and bottom Aussie and make it a strong S12 with promo/rele in place in each conf and Blues can challenge again when theyr'e better

Sorry mate but how can Auckland be dropped? Largest city in Kiwi and they are my SH team which might have more to do with it. They've won it before, they're just on a downer right now. In my mind that would be like dropping the Bulls or Brumbies. Nuts! The Super 14 leagues are chaotic though, we've just gone the same way with conferences in The Celtic league/ pro14 and it's crap.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:03 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Re:
simondavis wrote:
Vernon wrote:
Jip Blues won the Competion before and jip some ABs playing for them and jip SBW... that will make me no twat hey.. but
if S15 wants to aspire to be the best competition in rugby they need to drop 3 teams and sadly the Auckland Blues are one of them.
For the past 5 years sad story and bottoms. 5 years back Blues ended second from bottom and they are at it again...same old story now for 5 years and we must pay tv channels fee for crap
scrap Blues Sunwolves and bottom Aussie and make it a strong S12 with promo/rele in place in each conf and Blues can challenge again when theyr'e better

Sorry mate but how can Auckland be dropped? Largest city in Kiwi and they are my SH team which might have more to do with it. They've won it before, they're just on a downer right now. In my mind that would be like dropping the Bulls or Brumbies. Nuts! The Super 14 leagues are chaotic though, we've just gone the same way with conferences in The Celtic league/ pro14 and it's crap.

You also have to add in the fact that they play all the kiwi teams twice, which isn’t exactly an easy ride. They get no easy games in their conference, and 1 team has to be at the bottom. It’s kind of strange that the blues are where they are, they’ve changed the coach, and players, over the years but the people in the boardroom might need changing?
A kiwi team will go if the NZRFU thinks it’s needed, but I can’t see it. Especially after the last 10 years.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:02 am
Regional Player

Quote:
the team (Los Jaguares) is non competitive

They won 4/15 in their first season, 7/15 in their second and have won 4/9 so far in their third. They're not topping the table but they are a mid-level side, by the standards of the competition they are in. That's not at all bad for an expansion franchise and much better than e.g. Italy managed in the first few years of the 6N. What were you expecting exactly? You're never going to add a new team to an established competition and have them immediately competing at the top. There are only so many games to be won and by necessity, on average the bottom half of ANY competition, no matter how "competitive" it is, will lose more games than they win.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
Quote:
the team (Los Jaguares) is non competitive

They won 4/15 in their first season, 7/15 in their second and have won 4/9 so far in their third. They're not topping the table but they are a mid-level side, by the standards of the competition they are in. That's not at all bad for an expansion franchise and much better than e.g. Italy managed in the first few years of the 6N. What were you expecting exactly? You're never going to add a new team to an established competition and have them immediately competing at the top. There are only so many games to be won and by necessity, on average the bottom half of ANY competition, no matter how "competitive" it is, will lose more games than they win.

One can't comment on Los Jaguares without considering Arg Rugby and the relationship, inevitably financial aspects of players etc ?

e.g

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11918117

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:46 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
It is reported that there will be a strategic report on SuperRugby futures published this week?

Apparently NZ favour a reduction from 5 to 4 Aus and SA franchises.

Debate about the founding of a Fiji-Samoa-Tonga PI 'Province'

What will be the futures of Jaguares and Sunwolves?

Reported that the Japanese project will be shelved in the interim.

What is perceived position and futures ?

What is likely to be contracted period?

Of interest to the N Hemp with regard to SA futures and potential migration to NHemp already started with Cheetahs and Kings presence.

Jaguares and Sunwolves futures being talked about hey, PI team being looked at really..............hmm, not looking at Auckland's future as well are they ?

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:28 pm