It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:33 am

S15 2018 : SA sides vs nz sides 
World XV Player

Post S15 2018 : SA sides vs nz sides
Had to hear so many times Lions are not playing enough nz sides therefore they perform so well on the log. Although Lions played nz teams in 2016 (beat Blues at Eden Park, beat Chiefs in nz ...beat Highlanders with a 50 pointer semis and Crusaders with a near 50 in quarters. Beat Hurricanes with a 50 pointer semis last year but lost final in nz in 2016 and lost narrowly with 14 men in final last year. This year enough cross conf games. Lions playing an old Springbok game plan unlike other sa with nothing to hide.
bring 'em on
Bulls over Canes . SA 1 - 0
Crusaders win over Stormers 1 - 1
this Saturday its
Lions vs Auckland Blues
Highlanders vs Stormers

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:00 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: S15 2018 : SA sides vs nz sides
I'll be very interested to see how abandoned this thread gets further on in the SR season.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:59 am
World XV Player

Lions lol. Dodging NZ teams for years then losing at home to the Blues

Who loses to the Blues?

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:10 pm
World XV Player

but a wins à win and well done to the Blues. Ioane brothers made a huge contribution and Blues improved from prev yr
sa 1 nz 3

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:03 pm
World XV Player

Big talking the Lions then losing to the Blues. Man...they are our most Shit team the last 10 years and the Lions lost at home to them.

Really a few days after talking up your boys they just proved they needed to avoid even our worst team to finish so high the last 2 years.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Big talking the Lions then losing to the Blues. Man...they are our most Shit team the last 10 years and the Lions lost at home to them.

Really a few days after talking up your boys they just proved they needed to avoid even our worst team to finish so high the last 2 years.

How come, by New Zealand standards, Blues are such an average/poor team? Is rugby less prevalent in its catchment area than the other four provinces or something?

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:40 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

How come, by New Zealand standards, Blues are such an average/poor team? Is rugby less prevalent in its catchment area than the other four provinces or something?

They’ve been rubbish for a while now. They have the biggest catchment area, by a mile I thought, but they lose a truckload to other sports and teams. I’ve heard people say they have too many PIers in the team. Also jobs for the boys was an issue I think.

Some horrible choices like Sir JK(cracking guy and I hoped he’d do well, shame.), and Benji Marshall, that was baaaaaad.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 am
World XV Player

Player-wise the Blues region suffers from the success of their players at younger ages.

Often these guys are absolute rockstars at schoolboy level but when they have to play against men, and they aren't bigger, faster, or stronger they just bottle it and can't handle the competition. They've coasted for so long and having to work to get there again just doesn't do it for them.

It's interesting to see their success when they move out to other provinces - and get treated like one of the boys rather than the golden child. A lot seem to flourish.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 am
World XV Player

When the Lions were allowed back into Superrugby in 2014 their first overseas visitors were the Auckland Blues and Benji Marshall was at fb and some toughie WC2015s such as Tony Woodcock
Lions were then an amateur team ... until sponsorships late 2015 got them going again and worthwhile for us mentioning Fly Emirates because it was/is a major sponsor
Benji Marshall had a terrible game and the amateur Lions fullback was overshadowing him. Lions were up and inspired for the occasion and managed a win. Lions then went on and beat the Blues in nz 2015 and also had a big win over them 2016.
Therefore I reckon Blues are better than the previous 4 years I have been watching them. Blues should run the other nz teams close. Umaga seems to be picking the Blues up by the look of things and just as good they gave him a bit of time aswell. If I am right this is his second year coaching them?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:55 am
World XV Player

Rugby League (Warriors) is a pull for young PI players

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am
World XV Player

lol

Blues beat the Lions at home.

But...but...I reckon these Blues are far better than all the other Blues teams.

Oh and Chiefs beat Bulls. 4 -1

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:12 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Post .
Four More Years wrote:
lol

Blues beat the Lions at home.

But...but...I reckon these Blues are far better than all the other Blues teams.

Oh and Chiefs beat Bulls. 4 -1

Stormers milked the cow :) hopefully not dry

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:00 am
World XV Player

A few things.

It's the Blues. None of us care about the Blues. Your "best team" lost at home to the Blues. Our worst team lost away in SA. Can you see a difference?

You'll be gone again as you do because the saffer teams will be terrible again this year. Then the boks will be shit, and you won't show up until some team beats the ABs, or maybe the Lions fluke a semi.

Fair weather fan.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 am
World XV Player

Do the racial quotas apply at levels below International in SA? For sure, over the past few seasons, without the South Africa of old to try put a brake on the ABs, they seem devalued** and don't even bear comparison to the great sides of the past (at any level!) Shame when politics intervene into the sporting world at the expense of quality!

**Edit The Saffers I mean, not the ABs!!

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:44 pm
World XV Player

the Cheetahs win in the pro14 on Rodney Parade last night let me wonder if they wouldn't have done better than the bulls in s15 as they were higher up on the Super log and in better form than the Bulls before being sacked. Same with the Steval Pumas that beat both Bulls Cheetahs on the cc. But good to see Cheetahs coming out in a tough competition and well done to Crusaders.

On Otto's question, Yes Sport Quota law is applied on all levels below international. Everyone has his opinion about it. Mine is that it makes our teams weaker not because of race composition but because you have to play a weaker link mostly to make the quota law

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 am