It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:53 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
This is not trolling as I have been sometimes accused of.


There is a stream on here 'Kiwis to France' but this is a lot broader than that.
The subject of potential threat to NZ player pool and the general S Hemp aspect has now broadened. It involves N Hemp Countries and Clubs and is targeting S Hemp Countries and not just NZ although that is the prime target.

Tew has been quoted as now saying that agents of N H Hemp Clubs (not just France) are now targeting youngsters and specifically mentions 15 year olds and he is concerned.

Clubs are increasingly talking to agents about players at a much younger age. Unfortunately it is getting younger and younger to a point we are going to have sit down to make sure we are not talking to young men before they are ready to make those type of decisions. It is teenagers, sometimes 15-year-olds, being approached about signing by clubs in both union and league. That’s scary. We have to be very careful.”


This is now something that should not be put to one side, underrated or swept under the carpet?

It requires World Rugby action and fast?

There are several articles on the issue, here is one :

http://ozynews.com/2018/02/27/exclusive ... g-poached/

I am well aware by comments that some of our NZ colleagues on here are more optimistic of futures but surely the targeting of much younger players. It is already evident in e.g Fiji.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Too late to edit :

I chose the above reference at random and not sure of the quality of source but there's a host of articles on the subject to choose from and it is in the Press here too.

I also meant to mention the aspect where the amount of coaches migrating is also mentioned and reference to Gatland and Schmidt.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11962
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
It is a very interesting debate, at its essence is a conflict between sport and business, the ethos of sport is traditionally that of fairness and values, while the business of sport seeks inequality and advantage by whatever means.

New Zealand and perhaps SA, produce better players in greater quantities than does England, the sporting thing to do is compete via your systems to put in place a structure that creates better players, the players benefit the sports benefits. However the business model is just to acquire better players. The effect on the individual spat out by the system are of no interest as the finished product is all that matters. The brand takes precedence. Chelsea doesn't need an academy as they can cherry pick players from all over the world, but what as this to do with Chelsea, indeed what is Chelsea, what are people supporting and why ??

The goose that lays the eggs will always be the grassroots, but what motivation does the grassroots have when whatever you create is torn from your grasp at earlier and earlier stages.

Football is an example i see children identified at 6 years of age playing with their friends who identified and by the age of 8 or 9 are told they are not to play in local matches the Swans or Cardiff City control them. They are commodities.

Business has no loyalty no fairness, success is a currency, the road to success is not paved with principles.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13823
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Top football clubs have been doing it for years.

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:49 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
trampie wrote:
Top football clubs have been doing it for years.


Pro Rugby is trying to catch up mun !

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:16 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10087
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Tony Panties wrote:
This is not trolling as I have been sometimes accused of.


is just like saying:

Quote:
Look, I'm not racist but...


We have a thread for this bullshit. We don't need another one just so you can rub your hands together with glee somewhere else as other unions lose players.

Remember - everything was fine here until you decided to start yet another thread on the topic you've wanked on about for 10 years. We're sick of hearing the doom and gloom predictions from you that you NEVER BACK UP.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
This is not trolling as I have been sometimes accused of.


is just like saying:

Quote:
Look, I'm not racist but...


We have a thread for this bullshit. We don't need another one just so you can rub your hands together with glee somewhere else as other unions lose players.

Remember - everything was fine here until you decided to start yet another thread on the topic you've wanked on about for 10 years. We're sick of hearing the doom and gloom predictions from you that you NEVER BACK UP.


I quote Tew.

Who is Tew?

S Hemp rugby is not a preserve for cleansed S hemp parochial and introvert affairs.

It is OPEN.

PS We dont have a thread for this Subject it is not Kiwis to France or the like.

It is about significant trends in Pro rugby somewhat, at the mo, personified with a S hemp and NZ Rugby dilemma ... I quote only NZ Press and NZRFU significant executives

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10087
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
And we're optimistic here because we are basing our thoughts on actual results, not ridiculous speculation.

Since 1994 we've been told that rugby in NZ was doomed. The NH was going to take all the players, we'd be left behind and sitting at 10th place in the rankings.

We stayed either number 1 or 2 - for 23 year so far since that first prediction. Ever month on this board Tel posts another "NZ Rugby is doomed" thread and we all tell him to *fupp* off. Meanwhile we've won the last two RWC - most of the SR tournaments, and we have our best period of winning rugby ever. This is the face of dooomed. All those Tels from 23 years ago predicting that we'd be 10th, where are they now? Right here in this thread telling us "just wait, it'll happen soon" with no nuts on the line, no end date in sight.

And anyway, about that 10th place position. What team sits there?

The one taking some of our second tier and pension players - France.

Doom and gloom sure - for France.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10087
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
This is not trolling as I have been sometimes accused of.


is just like saying:

Quote:
Look, I'm not racist but...


We have a thread for this bullshit. We don't need another one just so you can rub your hands together with glee somewhere else as other unions lose players.

Remember - everything was fine here until you decided to start yet another thread on the topic you've wanked on about for 10 years. We're sick of hearing the doom and gloom predictions from you that you NEVER BACK UP.


I quote Tew.

Who is Tew?

S Hemp rugby is not a preserve for cleansed S hemp parochial and introvert affairs.

It is OPEN.

PS We dont have a thread for this Subject it is not Kiwis to France or the like.

It is about significant trends in Pro rugby somewhat, at the mo, personified with a S hemp and NZ Rugby dilemma ... I quote only NZ Press and NZRFU significant executives


This is the same shit over again and you know it.

More OTT doom and gloom as you *tank* furiously. You're a *fupping* broken record.

You've predicted our demise for years - you have a track record of abject failure in your predictions. Nothing you say can be taken seriously. You predicted it would all fall apart - and we are winning everything in front of us.

In short, your carefully measured opinion - has proven to be worth dog shit.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11962
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
This is not trolling as I have been sometimes accused of.


is just like saying:

Quote:
Look, I'm not racist but...


We have a thread for this bullshit. We don't need another one just so you can rub your hands together with glee somewhere else as other unions lose players.

Remember - everything was fine here until you decided to start yet another thread on the topic you've wanked on about for 10 years. We're sick of hearing the doom and gloom predictions from you that you NEVER BACK UP.



I think the NZ input on the forum is brilliant it gives us an insight into NZ rugby and ive yet to see a NZ poster on here who didn't have an in-depth knowledge of the game. However, i don't see where your coming from here, its a perfectly valid line of discussion on rugby forum. Theres nothing in the thread to indicate trolling, other than your historical opinion of the original poster. The thread is far from anti-NZ. If the thread changes direction, you may have a point, but not so far.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Four More Years wrote:
And we're optimistic here because we are basing our thoughts on actual results, not ridiculous speculation.

Since 1994 we've been told that rugby in NZ was doomed. The NH was going to take all the players, we'd be left behind and sitting at 10th place in the rankings.

We stayed either number 1 or 2 - for 23 year so far since that first prediction. Ever month on this board Tel posts another "NZ Rugby is doomed" thread and we all tell him to *fupp* off. Meanwhile we've won the last two RWC - most of the SR tournaments, and we have our best period of winning rugby ever. This is the face of dooomed. All those Tels from 23 years ago predicting that we'd be 10th, where are they now? Right here in this thread telling us "just wait, it'll happen soon" with no nuts on the line, no end date in sight.

And anyway, about that 10th place position. What team sits there?

The one taking some of our second tier and pension players - France.

Doom and gloom sure - for France.


a somewhat change of subject ...sad ...

refer to my reply above please which is directly in context with the stream

PS I gave you a date ... have you already forgotten it or chose to ignore it.

Please stay on stream, it is an honourable and valid one.

PS Actual results have bugger all to do with futures. The subject in essence of this stream

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10087
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Cue the righteous indignation.

But look at these boards the past few weeks when there hasn't been YET ANOTHER one of your bullshit doom and gloom posts that we are all *fupping* sick of. Everything was fine - people argued rugby.

*fupp* off with this bullshit Tel. We talk rugby here, go *tank* in your French forums with the other tier 2 teams.

Your posts like this are the problem.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10087
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
And we're optimistic here because we are basing our thoughts on actual results, not ridiculous speculation.

Since 1994 we've been told that rugby in NZ was doomed. The NH was going to take all the players, we'd be left behind and sitting at 10th place in the rankings.

We stayed either number 1 or 2 - for 23 year so far since that first prediction. Ever month on this board Tel posts another "NZ Rugby is doomed" thread and we all tell him to *fupp* off. Meanwhile we've won the last two RWC - most of the SR tournaments, and we have our best period of winning rugby ever. This is the face of dooomed. All those Tels from 23 years ago predicting that we'd be 10th, where are they now? Right here in this thread telling us "just wait, it'll happen soon" with no nuts on the line, no end date in sight.

And anyway, about that 10th place position. What team sits there?

The one taking some of our second tier and pension players - France.

Doom and gloom sure - for France.


a somewhat change of subject ...sad ...

refer to my reply above please which is directly in context with the stream

PS I gave you a date ... have you already forgotten it or chose to ignore it.

Please stay on stream, it is an honourable and valid one.

PS Actual results have bugger all to do with futures. The subject in essence of this stream


It's bullshit, you've made 100 posts like this before. Stop being a trolling *my love* and talk rugby for *fups* sake.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:56 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13757
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Four More Years wrote:
Cue the righteous indignation.

But look at these boards the past few weeks when there hasn't been YET ANOTHER one of your bullshit doom and gloom posts that we are all *fupping* sick of. Everything was fine - people argued rugby.

*fupp* off with this bullshit Tel. We talk rugby here, go *tank* in your French forums with the other tier 2 teams.

Your posts like this are the problem.


When people turn to insults I smile and consider perhaps my points are getting through.

Why not address specific points that are relevant to want you want to believe.

Simply, If Tew is concerned aren't you??

Do you believe that the apparent increased trend toward poaching youngsters should be better controlled?

PI(s and S Hemp generally are rich in talent potential... should it be an open market?

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10087
Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
Blindside wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
This is not trolling as I have been sometimes accused of.


is just like saying:

Quote:
Look, I'm not racist but...


We have a thread for this bullshit. We don't need another one just so you can rub your hands together with glee somewhere else as other unions lose players.

Remember - everything was fine here until you decided to start yet another thread on the topic you've wanked on about for 10 years. We're sick of hearing the doom and gloom predictions from you that you NEVER BACK UP.



I think the NZ input on the forum is brilliant it gives us an insight into NZ rugby and ive yet to see a NZ poster on here who didn't have an in-depth knowledge of the game. However, i don't see where your coming from here, its a perfectly valid line of discussion on rugby forum. Theres nothing in the thread to indicate trolling, other than your historical opinion of the original poster. The thread is far from anti-NZ. If the thread changes direction, you may have a point, but not so far.


I expected Tel to get support from the NH boys here because they aren't here on the SH boards like we are. This same post has been going on for years and year and years from the same guy. In the past he's admitted it's trolling, but now he hides it under the guise of "great concern". It doesn't wash to ANY of the kiwis here.

Pick one - ask them. All of them see Tel as a troll here - it's not just me.

Have a look at this forum. We argue these days like all forums, but it turns septic when Tel rolls up with YET ANOTHER doom and gloom post telling us rugby will be dead here in no time. It's *fupping* old.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: