It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp 
World XV Player

Post Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
This is not trolling as I have been sometimes accused of.

There is a stream on here 'Kiwis to France' but this is a lot broader than that.
The subject of potential threat to NZ player pool and the general S Hemp aspect has now broadened. It involves N Hemp Countries and Clubs and is targeting S Hemp Countries and not just NZ although that is the prime target.

Tew has been quoted as now saying that agents of N H Hemp Clubs (not just France) are now targeting youngsters and specifically mentions 15 year olds and he is concerned.

Clubs are increasingly talking to agents about players at a much younger age. Unfortunately it is getting younger and younger to a point we are going to have sit down to make sure we are not talking to young men before they are ready to make those type of decisions. It is teenagers, sometimes 15-year-olds, being approached about signing by clubs in both union and league. That’s scary. We have to be very careful.”

This is now something that should not be put to one side, underrated or swept under the carpet?

It requires World Rugby action and fast?

There are several articles on the issue, here is one :

http://ozynews.com/2018/02/27/exclusive ... g-poached/

I am well aware by comments that some of our NZ colleagues on here are more optimistic of futures but surely the targeting of much younger players. It is already evident in e.g Fiji.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Threat to NZ player pool by N Hemp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Too late to edit :

I chose the above reference at random and not sure of the quality of source but there's a host of articles on the subject to choose from and it is in the Press here too.

I also meant to mention the aspect where the amount of coaches migrating is also mentioned and reference to Gatland and Schmidt.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 am
World XV Player

It is a very interesting debate, at its essence is a conflict between sport and business, the ethos of sport is traditionally that of fairness and values, while the business of sport seeks inequality and advantage by whatever means.

New Zealand and perhaps SA, produce better players in greater quantities than does England, the sporting thing to do is compete via your systems to put in place a structure that creates better players, the players benefit the sports benefits. However the business model is just to acquire better players. The effect on the individual spat out by the system are of no interest as the finished product is all that matters. The brand takes precedence. Chelsea doesn't need an academy as they can cherry pick players from all over the world, but what as this to do with Chelsea, indeed what is Chelsea, what are people supporting and why ??

The goose that lays the eggs will always be the grassroots, but what motivation does the grassroots have when whatever you create is torn from your grasp at earlier and earlier stages.

Football is an example i see children identified at 6 years of age playing with their friends who identified and by the age of 8 or 9 are told they are not to play in local matches the Swans or Cardiff City control them. They are commodities.

Business has no loyalty no fairness, success is a currency, the road to success is not paved with principles.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Top football clubs have been doing it for years.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:49 pm
World XV Player

trampie wrote:
Top football clubs have been doing it for years.

Pro Rugby is trying to catch up mun !

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:16 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

is just like saying:

Quote:
Look, I'm not racist but...

We have a thread for this bullshit. We don't need another one just so you can rub your hands together with glee somewhere else as other unions lose players.

Remember - everything was fine here until you decided to start yet another thread on the topic you've wanked on about for 10 years. We're sick of hearing the doom and gloom predictions from you that you NEVER BACK UP.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

is just like saying:

Quote:

We have a thread for this bullshit. We don't need another one just so you can rub your hands together with glee somewhere else as other unions lose players.

Remember - everything was fine here until you decided to start yet another thread on the topic you've wanked on about for 10 years. We're sick of hearing the doom and gloom predictions from you that you NEVER BACK UP.

I quote Tew.

Who is Tew?

S Hemp rugby is not a preserve for cleansed S hemp parochial and introvert affairs.

It is OPEN.

PS We dont have a thread for this Subject it is not Kiwis to France or the like.

It is about significant trends in Pro rugby somewhat, at the mo, personified with a S hemp and NZ Rugby dilemma ... I quote only NZ Press and NZRFU significant executives

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 pm
World XV Player

And we're optimistic here because we are basing our thoughts on actual results, not ridiculous speculation.

Since 1994 we've been told that rugby in NZ was doomed. The NH was going to take all the players, we'd be left behind and sitting at 10th place in the rankings.

We stayed either number 1 or 2 - for 23 year so far since that first prediction. Ever month on this board Tel posts another "NZ Rugby is doomed" thread and we all tell him to *fupp* off. Meanwhile we've won the last two RWC - most of the SR tournaments, and we have our best period of winning rugby ever. This is the face of dooomed. All those Tels from 23 years ago predicting that we'd be 10th, where are they now? Right here in this thread telling us "just wait, it'll happen soon" with no nuts on the line, no end date in sight.

And anyway, about that 10th place position. What team sits there?

The one taking some of our second tier and pension players - France.

Doom and gloom sure - for France.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

is just like saying:

Quote:

I quote Tew.

Who is Tew?

S Hemp rugby is not a preserve for cleansed S hemp parochial and introvert affairs.

It is OPEN.

PS We dont have a thread for this Subject it is not Kiwis to France or the like.

It is about significant trends in Pro rugby somewhat, at the mo, personified with a S hemp and NZ Rugby dilemma ... I quote only NZ Press and NZRFU significant executives

This is the same shit over again and you know it.

More OTT doom and gloom as you *tank* furiously. You're a *fupping* broken record.

You've predicted our demise for years - you have a track record of abject failure in your predictions. Nothing you say can be taken seriously. You predicted it would all fall apart - and we are winning everything in front of us.

In short, your carefully measured opinion - has proven to be worth dog shit.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

is just like saying:

Quote:

I think the NZ input on the forum is brilliant it gives us an insight into NZ rugby and ive yet to see a NZ poster on here who didn't have an in-depth knowledge of the game. However, i don't see where your coming from here, its a perfectly valid line of discussion on rugby forum. Theres nothing in the thread to indicate trolling, other than your historical opinion of the original poster. The thread is far from anti-NZ. If the thread changes direction, you may have a point, but not so far.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
And we're optimistic here because we are basing our thoughts on actual results, not ridiculous speculation.

Since 1994 we've been told that rugby in NZ was doomed. The NH was going to take all the players, we'd be left behind and sitting at 10th place in the rankings.

We stayed either number 1 or 2 - for 23 year so far since that first prediction. Ever month on this board Tel posts another "NZ Rugby is doomed" thread and we all tell him to *fupp* off. Meanwhile we've won the last two RWC - most of the SR tournaments, and we have our best period of winning rugby ever. This is the face of dooomed. All those Tels from 23 years ago predicting that we'd be 10th, where are they now? Right here in this thread telling us "just wait, it'll happen soon" with no nuts on the line, no end date in sight.

a somewhat change of subject ...sad ...

refer to my reply above please which is directly in context with the stream

PS I gave you a date ... have you already forgotten it or chose to ignore it.

Please stay on stream, it is an honourable and valid one.

PS Actual results have bugger all to do with futures. The subject in essence of this stream

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 pm
World XV Player

Cue the righteous indignation.

But look at these boards the past few weeks when there hasn't been YET ANOTHER one of your bullshit doom and gloom posts that we are all *fupping* sick of. Everything was fine - people argued rugby.

*fupp* off with this bullshit Tel. We talk rugby here, go *tank* in your French forums with the other tier 2 teams.

Your posts like this are the problem.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

a somewhat change of subject ...sad ...

refer to my reply above please which is directly in context with the stream

PS I gave you a date ... have you already forgotten it or chose to ignore it.

Please stay on stream, it is an honourable and valid one.

PS Actual results have bugger all to do with futures. The subject in essence of this stream

It's bullshit, you've made 100 posts like this before. Stop being a trolling *my love* and talk rugby for *fups* sake.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:56 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Cue the righteous indignation.

But look at these boards the past few weeks when there hasn't been YET ANOTHER one of your bullshit doom and gloom posts that we are all *fupping* sick of. Everything was fine - people argued rugby.

*fupp* off with this bullshit Tel. We talk rugby here, go *tank* in your French forums with the other tier 2 teams.

Your posts like this are the problem.

When people turn to insults I smile and consider perhaps my points are getting through.

Why not address specific points that are relevant to want you want to believe.

Simply, If Tew is concerned aren't you??

Do you believe that the apparent increased trend toward poaching youngsters should be better controlled?

PI(s and S Hemp generally are rich in talent potential... should it be an open market?

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

is just like saying:

Quote:

I think the NZ input on the forum is brilliant it gives us an insight into NZ rugby and ive yet to see a NZ poster on here who didn't have an in-depth knowledge of the game. However, i don't see where your coming from here, its a perfectly valid line of discussion on rugby forum. Theres nothing in the thread to indicate trolling, other than your historical opinion of the original poster. The thread is far from anti-NZ. If the thread changes direction, you may have a point, but not so far.

I expected Tel to get support from the NH boys here because they aren't here on the SH boards like we are. This same post has been going on for years and year and years from the same guy. In the past he's admitted it's trolling, but now he hides it under the guise of "great concern". It doesn't wash to ANY of the kiwis here.

Pick one - ask them. All of them see Tel as a troll here - it's not just me.

Have a look at this forum. We argue these days like all forums, but it turns septic when Tel rolls up with YET ANOTHER doom and gloom post telling us rugby will be dead here in no time. It's *fupping* old.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 pm