It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 3:16 am

Kiwis to France 
World XV Player

Post Re: Kiwis to France
Meanwhile next Season Top14 JIFF 'legislation' will insist on increased minimum of 15 Jiff qualified players average / game. The big spending Clubs will just rotate 'foreigners' e.g Vermulen/ leaves, Kaino/Messam etc arrive. It's too slow a bloody transition.

There is difficulty in legislating 'foreigners' #s because of, for example, Employment laws and some legal sympathy towards hard and fast detail (cue Kopak and Bosman Laws). That is why the JIFF is detailed in time spent being developed in France and within an organisation under the auspices of an official Ministry of Sport educational environment. The other loophole in this is that young PI's can be recruited and 'educated' into trades and within these limits. These are often recruited from PI academies set up by Top 14 teams. The other aspect of this is that many then adopt french nationality and are eligible for France (France has pre-empted the World Rugby change of residency years qualification and has gone for passport holders ....again sidestepped by this)

The truth is that, despite well intentioned attempts, there isn't a real incentive where the shit hits the fan.

Sad all round.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:27 am
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For an example of the circumstances afoot ... read Johan Goosen circumstance reported in the french section.

Walked out of Racing at 500k a year.

Contract issue .. along come Billionaire owner of Montpelier buys out contract for 1.5m and then ups the players salary to 800k a year and promising as this guy is he is hardly proven worth 8700k/annum :angry4:

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:43 am
World XV Player

Btw, the Top 14 team academies in the PIs are technically illegal according to World Rugby - clubs are not supposed to be able to set up academies outside their countries of origin. Combined with the abuse of the three (now five) year residency rule by not only France but also NZ, Australia, Japan, Italy and the Home Nations, it is a wonder how the impoverished but talented PIs remain competitive at all.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Btw, the Top 14 team academies in the PIs are technically illegal according to World Rugby - clubs are not supposed to be able to set up academies outside their countries of origin. Combined with the abuse of the three (now five) year residency rule by not only France but also NZ, Australia, Japan, Italy and the Home Nations, it is a wonder how the impoverished but talented PIs remain competitive at all.

legality depends on the process, setting it up and 'providing aid or support' is sometimes different?

Also, the legislation of World Rugby is often exposed ...

cue W Rugby then IRM attempted intervention in the Tinko affair where french law held, also attempts to encourage Lapasset and IRB/World Rugby failed to save ERC that became EPCR and
club governance.

Ref Fiji Academy pls spend time (Google translate etc) to have a look at this articlewhere a partnership is declared etc

Naj, as already mentioned you need some research before jumping the gun?

http://www.asm-rugby.com/actus/partenar ... de-nadroga

also I hope that you have noted that Fra have preempted the date of the new 5 yr W Rugby residency rule and have implemented a passport obligation which is more strict

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:49 pm
World XV Player

Having a French passport won't make that much difference to all the imports. The only difference is that they'll have to have done a citizenship test as well as living in France for at least five years. Given the growing numbers of South Africans, PIs and increasingly even Kiwis coming to Europe even as teenagers to earn the extra money, don't expect much to change.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Having a French passport won't make that much difference to all the imports. The only difference is that they'll have to have done a citizenship test as well as living in France for at least five years. Given the growing numbers of South Africans, PIs and increasingly even Kiwis coming to Europe even as teenagers to earn the extra money, don't expect much to change.

But a minimum of 5 years residency that was instigated prior to the W Rugby directive and start date ...

as for much will change .. an increased number that will qualify as apposed to pensioners already capped ..

Some don't want to forfeit citizenship either etc

do keep up ;)

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

But a minimum of 5 years residency that was instigated prior to the W Rugby directive and start date ...

as for much will change .. an increased number that will qualify as apposed to pensioners already capped ..

do keep up ;)

Which will wreck the PIs, SA and possibly even NZ even more.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

do keep up ;)

Which will wreck the PIs, SA and possibly even NZ even more.

It will be their choice as with other countries.

NZ still maintain a policy of not picking exiles anyway, Aus have an optional scheme and SA allow selection.

Naj, you are dragging this one on and I would prefer to stop now.

This stream has a specific subject and thread....

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

Here we go again. :D

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Loosie please accept the above 1 on 1 conversation as a bypass.

I am very content to keep the mainstream as posted above.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Mate, no worries. I’m just wondering if najbritcol(am I the only one who thinks medicine when I see that? :D ) has anything new, or more of the same old *b@ll@cks* we’ve been hearing for years about kiwi poaching.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Mate, no worries. I’m just wondering if najbritcol(am I the only one who thinks medicine when I see that? :D ) has anything new, or more of the same old *b@ll@cks* we’ve been hearing for years about kiwi poaching.

My money is on "nothing new" :sleepy2:

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:57 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

My money is on "nothing new" :sleepy2:

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:57 am
World XV Player

Not France, but it appears the NZRFU has started building alliances in the NH. Harlequins are the first club to join forces, I reckon some of the other Premier clubs might be a bit intimidated by this.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:54 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Not France, but it appears the NZRFU has started building alliances in the NH. Harlequins are the first club to join forces, I reckon some of the other Premier clubs might be a bit intimidated by this.

It is in the french press.

Quins quoted as saying that there will be opportunities to share, players, coaches and 'commercial opportunities'

Apparently a contract has been signed.

Steve Tew is quoted :

"This will create real opportunities for both sides, with players, coaches able to learn from different environments with different people, cultures and challenges."

Apparently a London Club was targetted

Whatever that means

Outside of the article :

As yet there is no comment from the League management

I include the french article reference for authenticity purposes only :D

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... res/880593

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:48 pm