2 kiwis given 4 year bans .... 
World XV Player

Post 2 kiwis given 4 year bans ....
anabolic steroids etc

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... dus/865420

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 am
World XV Player

Post Re: 2 kiwis given 4 year bans ....
Paper trail rather than testing positive it appears.

http://sportsnewsireland.com/rugby/rugb ... -offences/

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Could be more to run on this one.

Otago Daily Times

"They are the first rugby cases heard following the revelation in the Weekend Herald that more than 100 athletes registered with national sporting organisations had been caught illegally purchasing steroids from the website clenbuterol.co.nz.

More than 80 of the athletes are expected to face either the New Zealand Sports Tribunal or Rugby Judiciary."

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This could turn into a big story.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 pm
World XV Player

It is a big story.

Idiots buying shit online.... no wonder they’re at the bottom of the pile.

Hope they are all exposed and this type of stupidity is stamped out, though I don’t think it’s going to stop.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
It is a big story.

Hope they are all exposed and this type of stupidity is stamped out, though I don’t think it’s going to stop.

I remember our debate of about a year ago when I was advised that NZ was more protected from imports etc and incidence. Seems it was more prevalent than imagined?

It was the same agencies that were suggesting then of a bigger problem than imagined.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:44 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
It is a big story.

Well it could be a big story for many reasons, firstly it looks likely that they have been banned and names given because they have pleaded guilty, there could be many rugby players who have decided to deny it, they nearly always do. If a 1/4 of them are competitive rugby players then that would be 20 players, in a fanatical rugby playing county like NZ it could be more :dontknow: This is just off one internet site. Furthermore it draws into question the effectiveness of the testing procedure, as it as been a paper trail, not a testing success.

I am not saying that NZ should be seen as awash with PEDs, what i am saying is it could be an indication that world rugby as a problem larger than many people would care to admit. Then again it may not. :)

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
It is a big story.

I remember our debate of about a year ago when I was advised that NZ was more protected from imports etc and incidence. Seems it was more prevalent than imagined?

It was the same agencies that were suggesting then of a bigger problem than imagined.

It was only at the end of last year, wasn’t long ago at all we were talking about this.

Depends what was imagined back then tbh, no one said there’s no PED’s, just didn’t think they were rife like some were suggesting in Wales. Still think the same tbh. Now that buying on the internet has been exposed, I imagine some people will probably knock it on the head.

I guess time will tell how bad this is.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
It is a big story.

It was only at the end of last year, wasn’t long ago at all we were talking about this.

Depends what was imagined back then tbh, no one said there’s no PED’s, just didn’t think they were rife like some were suggesting in Wales. Still think the same tbh. Now that buying on the internet has been exposed, I imagine some people will probably knock it on the head.

I guess time will tell how bad this is.

If you remember the Internet aspect was well discussed at that time too.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am
World XV Player

I remember that thread, I just had another read through it, can’t believe it was in March last year, thought it was more recent. It is/ was hilarious. Locked after 9 pages. :D

After reading it.........I’m surprised after almost a year, no top level players have been caught, with it being a universal problem bigger than recreational drugs and all..... :D It is good to finally get a bit of credible proof tbh. :thumbright:

I’m glad these people have been caught, long may it continue.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:42 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
I remember that thread, I just had another read through it, can’t believe it was in March last year, thought it was more recent. It is/ was hilarious. Locked after 9 pages. :D

After reading it.........I’m surprised after almost a year, no top level players have been caught, with it being a universal problem bigger than recreational drugs and all..... :D It is good to finally get a bit of credible proof tbh. :thumbright:

There are two stories in the article. The named club players failed routine drug tests early in 2016 and were dealt with accordingly in June/July 2016.

An online webpage has been identified as selling prohibited drugs. Investigations have shown that a large number of customers including club rugby players including those named players who failed drug tests.

There are a lot of online sellers who are being less than honest about the products they sell and what they contain and there are a lot of lower level sports people who are gullible and rather naive who got caught in the web.

IMO the sellers should be treated like class A drug lords.

We know that no high level rugby players are involved. The NZRU have stringent drug testing protocols and yet again we are reminded the advantage of all professionals being employees of the NZRU and subjected to regular and thorough drug tests.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 am
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
loosechange wrote:

There are two stories in the article. The named club players failed routine drug tests early in 2016 and were dealt with accordingly in June/July 2016.

An online webpage has been identified as selling prohibited drugs. Investigations have shown that a large number of customers including club rugby players including those named players who failed drug tests.

There are a lot of online sellers who are being less than honest about the products they sell and what they contain and there are a lot of lower level sports people who are gullible and rather naive who got caught in the web.

IMO the sellers should be treated like class A drug lords.

We know that no high level rugby players are involved. The NZRU have stringent drug testing protocols and yet again we are reminded the advantage of all professionals being employees of the NZRU and subjected to regular and thorough drug tests.

:thumbright:

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 am