It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 am

Black Ferns 2017 success 
World XV Player

Post Black Ferns 2017 success
RNZ
The Black Ferns were the big winners at the NZ Rugby Awards last night, repeating the success they had at the World Rugby Awards late last month. At last night's ceremony in Auckland, the New Zealand women's rugby team took out Team the Year, Coach of the Year and Fans Try of the Year - that last accolade going to the team's star winger, Portia Woodman. It's the first time the Black Ferns have won the New Zealand rugby Team of the Year prize. The team's former captain Farah Palmer - who's now on the Board of New Zealand Rugby, was at the ceremony and tells Guyon Espiner celebrations went into the early hours.

It was fitting that in the year that New Zealand rugby made its most positive moves in embracing the women's game, the Black Ferns have been named team of the year for the first time at the sport's annual awards dinner in Auckland.

The award for the world champion Kiwi women, topping the Super Rugby-winning Crusaders and New Zealand under-20 men who also won their global tournament, capped a night of successes for the Black Ferns and women's rugby on Thursday.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern presented the trophy to Black Ferns skipper Fiao'o Fa'amausili and coach Glenn Moore. The five-time world champions added to the World Rugby team of the year title they secured in Monaco at the World Rugby Awards earlier this month

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all ... omens-game

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Black Ferns 2017 success
Well deserved. Shows NZ rugby able to evolve, it respects the past and is able to see the future as well. Womens ruby is growing.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Well deserved. Shows NZ rugby able to evolve, it respects the past and is able to see the future as well. Womens ruby is growing.

Yeah, it’s a market they’d be nuts to turn away from. Sounds like it’s growing bigtime back home as well.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:56 am
World XV Player

The NZ Rugby Awards get it right.

:thumbup:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 pm