It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Samoan Rugby officially bankrupt 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Samoan Rugby officially bankrupt
Truly devastating and shocking news. Rugby is already far less globally competitive than soccer as it is, so to lose a (relatively) major player like Samoa would be pretty detrimental to the global game. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41915435

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Samoan Rugby officially bankrupt
najbritcol wrote:
Truly devastating and shocking news. Rugby is already far less globally competitive than soccer as it is, so to lose a (relatively) major player like Samoa would be pretty detrimental to the global game. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41915435

Not shocking, has been on the cards for some time and like PI counterparts are neglected powerhouse in investment sense but very active in terms of scouting and who can blame the players for taking advantage of it.

World Rugby attention to 'development' countries is only token.

However having said that there are incidences of political interference too ...?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 pm
World XV Player

The PIs have been neglected come Superrugby
nz to include Samoa into their domestic competitions
e.g. Namibia just a small farmers team are playing in SA's Currie cup first division (tier2 of Currie Cup)...at least it brings gate money...tv money and a saru slice. Will be ready come WC2019 aswell

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:55 pm
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
sad state of affairs ...
e.g. Namibia just a small farmers team are playing in SA's Currie cup first division (tier2 of Currie Cup)...at least it brings gate money...tv money and a saru slice. Will be ready come WC2019 aswell

Piss off. We do more for the PI nations than anyone else, by a *fupping* mile. It’s not NZs fault that the people running the game there are corrupt(or so it seems). We provide most of their players.

And comparing NZ/ the PIs to SA/ Namibia is just stupid.

Get sick of people with no *fupping* idea trying to blame NZ for the problems of other nations, get a grip bro.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:01 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Re:
loosechange wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
sad state of affairs ...

Piss off. We do more for the PI nations than anyone else, by a *fupping* mile. It’s not NZs fault that the people running the game there are corrupt(or so it seems). We provide most of their players.

Get sick of people with no *fupping* idea trying to blame NZ for the problems of other nations, get a grip bro.

Yes, I agree. You do more for the PI than anyone else by giving them NZ caps!

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
sad state of affairs ...

Hang on there buckoo. If you were to check facts you would find that many of the Samoan rugby players are born and breed in NZ. If they prefer to represent their birthplace, the country where they have come up through the education and sporting grades that is THeir right.

To suggest that they have somehow been forced to play for the AB's is a slight on their intelligence.

Those that choose by right to play for their country of heritage have come up through the same process.

Most of the Samoan players have chosen as is THEIR right to have Super rugby contracts with NZ or Aus rugby.

As for funding NZ contributes more $$ and resources than anyone else, where the ferk is World rugby.

The were huge cries even from scum er's when it was suggested that the AB Samoan test should be played at Eden Park. The reason being that there would bigger $ for the SRU.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:30 am
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
sad state of affairs ...

It’s sunny in Samoa, it’s as if we should be supplying sun screen as well!

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:31 am
World XV Player

Seriously though, some of you guys need some new material. In the last 24 hours we’ve been blamed for Samoa having no cash, and French player welfare. :D

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 am
World XV Player

loosey there is a myth to be kept up here ,so stop trying to bring facts into it.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There's an undercurrent of racist **** among the NH posters that see any Island name as a NZ poach. I suppose it happens when you grow up seeing brown people as foreigners. Guess we've found another one.

As for SR rugby ignoring the islands - it was South Africa who demanded 6 teams despite only ever having one team win the tournament. There was room for an island team if the saffers didn't rate themselves so highly and make threats about leaving. They got their teams, kept losing, then somehow blamed NZ for an island tea not being in SR.

Revisionist history.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:04 am
World XV Player

Hook. Line and sinker!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The old "oh but I was only trolling when I was being racist", the standard fall back for any racist *my love*

We know how it is for you, anyone brown is a weird foreigner who must be a poach.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:13 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
There's an undercurrent of racist **** among the NH posters that see any Island name as a NZ poach. I suppose it happens when you grow up seeing brown people as foreigners. Guess we've found another one.

As for SR rugby ignoring the islands - it was South Africa who demanded 6 teams despite only ever having one team win the tournament. There was room for an island team if the saffers didn't rate themselves so highly and make threats about leaving. They got their teams, kept losing, then somehow blamed NZ for an island tea not being in SR.

Revisionist history.

and

Four More Years wrote:
The old "oh but I was only trolling when I was being racist", the standard fall back for any racist *my love*

We know how it is for you, anyone brown is a weird foreigner who must be a poach.

That's a rather sweeping derogatory statement to make.

Can you justify it? ....ie the 'racist' aspect

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:46 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
sad state of affairs ...

This bloody complex knows no bounds!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:54 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:

You are absolutely on to something in calling all Northern Hemisphere dwellers 'racist ****', I couldn't have put it better myself.

Our entire history is one long hemispheric obsession with making scathing comments about the New Zealand squad. It's why we elected Prince Philip.

I remember those lessons about the Sioux and Cherokee tribes who were seen as bastions in our long standing northern hemisphere tradition of making sweeping generalisations about the southern hemisphere (although, I must say, their methods were not as tastfully executed or as politely put as yours). I actually did my GCSE Racism project on the Picts, who, bless em, believed the Earth itself was a hemisphere and even now every Scotsmen hates anyone south of the equator.

Also, if I can leave you with one bit of advice, trust me, never get a Sherpa started on the question of the Pacific Island input in the New Zealand squad! Despite Welsh people and Nepalese being culturally identical, (like all people from the Northern Hemisphere) they are particularly sensitive on this issue.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail