It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Samoan Rugby officially bankrupt 
World XV Player

Post Re: Samoan Rugby officially bankrupt
Forrealz wrote:
OK I've quite enjoyed not coming on for a while, I'll try and stay off again, as it's same old stuff by one guy I'll get hooked into..

but come on if ya guys and girls can't you see some of these comments are pretty bloody bad, I'd be happy staying away, for a little longer.
Depends I spose on how bad some of comments get

Peace
Catch u guys,

Comes back, sends me a private message that would him banned if he posted it on the forums, then cries about my comments.

Same old KW, always playing the victim.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 am
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
OK I've quite enjoyed not coming on for a while, I'll try and stay off again, as it's same old stuff by one guy I'll get hooked into..

but come on if ya guys and girls can't you see some of these comments are pretty bloody bad, I'd be happy staying away, for a little longer.
Depends I spose on how bad some of comments get

Peace
Catch u guys,

Welcome KW, are you back in NZ ?

Must say you have certainly tossed a grenade with your arrival back in scumma's

I suggest you sit tight and read a few threads to catch up with what has been happening recently.

The "Justic" version of that is that Tel has become the new Bouch. Numerous new threads some talking to himself as it seems not too many want to engage.

The increase in threads has meant an increase in snide comments directed at NZRU and NZ rugby and we NZ posters are sick of his holier than thou tone. He appears to lack the ability to debate, he just wants to tell, his way of doing it is to talk down to people. Everything in Tel's world appears to be seen through $$$$ lens.

Tel has become the passive manipulator of scum.

We all know that FMY's calls it how he sees it, treat him like a fool and he will come out all guns blazing. But he knows his rugby and will always keep you honest.

:love4: take a deep breath bro

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 am
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
[We all know that FMY's calls it how he sees it, treat him like a fool and he will come out all guns blazing. But he knows his rugby and will always keep you honest.

Then maybe he would answer this ...

Tony Panties wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
There's an undercurrent of racist **** among the NH posters that see any Island name as a NZ poach. I suppose it happens when you grow up seeing brown people as foreigners. Guess we've found another one.

As for SR rugby ignoring the islands - it was South Africa who demanded 6 teams despite only ever having one team win the tournament. There was room for an island team if the saffers didn't rate themselves so highly and make threats about leaving. They got their teams, kept losing, then somehow blamed NZ for an island tea not being in SR.

Revisionist history.

and

Four More Years wrote:
The old "oh but I was only trolling when I was being racist", the standard fall back for any racist *my love*

We know how it is for you, anyone brown is a weird foreigner who must be a poach.

That's a rather sweeping derogatory statement to make.

Can you justify it? ....ie the 'racist' aspect

Care to answer the question?

4tH time of ssking 4MY

Who/where are these N Hemp rascist xxxx posters, that live in the undercurrent here....please?[/quote]

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am
World XV Player

The perhaps if you opened your eyes you'd see I already did.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
The perhaps if you opened your eyes you'd see I already did.

It's probably my age ;) , was it in answer to my post?

Please point me to it...

Thanks

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 am
World XV Player

Well that's me I'm back, said up to you FMYs

Your an embarrassment as a kiwi

Just saying

So to playing the victim, what apologisung to the forum

Your a loser who hides away here is all, post my stuff just saying it how it is

You called people trolls, which you are, racist which imo you are

I'm here brother ain't leaving now

Thanks for giving me the oputrtunity now what's your prob teko, or you gonna play the good boy and play rugby, which is all we all want a do.

Your a discrete bro, don't care what the other think or don't think, say half the crap you do on a kiwi forum or kiwi pud, nah

Oh well fire away sister rugby or what ever

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Come on man, all the SH people saw it. They all saw you *fluffy* out like a little bitch. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Smurf, LC, Justic - they all saw it.

You talk so big, but you don't back up shit.

You'll need to explain it a bit more kefe

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

French Press (enclosed) has stated that World Rugby has denied that Samoan Rugby Fed is in liquidation ... they have paid all their dues to date, tour etc.

It briefly just says that .... se we don't know precise status and the Samoan declaration may be incorrect.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... ite/852449

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:49 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Samoa, Fiji and Tonga get precious little return for all the players they supply to Tier One countries' clubs and increasingly even their national teams. For example, in last year's France-Australia match, ALL the wingers involved were Fijians! To help stop this, the residency period for national qualification should imo be increased to ten years - even the new five-year rule is still grossly inadequate.

N.B. Here is World Rugby's official statement on the issue: https://www.worldrugby.org/news/293372

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Samoa, Fiji and Tonga get precious little return for all the players they supply to Tier One countries' clubs and increasingly even their national teams. For example, in last year's France-Australia match, ALL the wingers involved were Fijians! To help stop this, the residency period for national qualification should imo be increased to ten years - even the new five-year rule is still grossly inadequate.

N.B. Here is World Rugby's official statement on the issue: https://www.worldrugby.org/news/293372

People search a better opportunity and way of life. It is , and always been, the way of things, Welsh in US Iron and Steel industry, Irish almost everywhere etc

Tha Fijian Govt has had its problems, PI people seek advantage in nearest potential, mostly NZ and Aus ...they are there as a result of need based exodus and subsequent qualification for whatever is beneficial.

The Rugby aspect is not different.

It is a socio-Political general issue not just a rugby one?

Just another tack Naj. ;)

PS There is exploitation and some valid criticism but that is not rugby unique .... cue head hunting for best skills available etc

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm
World XV Player

Im not sure how all this becomes racist, i think many NH posters are miss informed or have come to their conclusions without understanding the facts. I admit that in the past i thought NZ child snatchers visited the islands and plucked out the best kids. Probably one of the reasons i understand this is rarely the case is through reading the posts of the NZ posters.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Tony Panties wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

People search a better opportunity and way of life. It is , and always been, the way of things, Welsh in US Iron and Steel industry, Irish almost everywhere etc

Tha Fijian Govt has had its problems, PI people seek advantage in nearest potential, mostly NZ and Aus ...they are there as a result of need based exodus and subsequent qualification for whatever is beneficial.

The Rugby aspect is not different.

It is a socio-Political general issue not just a rugby one?

Just another tack Naj. ;)

PS There is exploitation and some valid criticism but that is not rugby unique .... cue head hunting for best skills available etc

I understand what you're saying, but the three-year (now five-year) residency rule is really open to abuse and has to an extent destroyed the competitiveness of said islands in particular. As much as I like Eddie Jones, I really dislike his fetish for capping PI players such as Hughes, Te'o, Solomona and Rokoduguni, as if England didn't have any home-grown players of their own to choose from in their positions! (As an aside, Brazil in particular plays a similar role in football globally - even the Croatian and Bulgarian teams have Brazilians playing for them who qualify purely on residency grounds!)

Interestingly, you mention the socioeconomic aspect in this. I have argued elsewhere that is one big reason behind the decline in Welsh grassroots rugby: the relative poverty of Wales compared to other parts of the British Isles leads to lots of younger people - particularly in the so-called "rugby heartlands" of the Valleys - moving away to work and/or study. Having said that, I still think that using project players is a disgusting cop-out, regardless of internal circumstances, hence why I oppose the selection of Hadleigh Parkes this Autumn.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

PIers playing overseas is mostly for financial gain, and a better life for their whole family. I wonder what these individuals would say about increasing the residency rule to 10 years, it is directly related to them after all. I think 5 years is about right, and I think it is in place to stop tier 1 teams bringing in pro’s with the intention of capping them. Hopefully it’ll slow the “poaching” but I’m guessing it’s going to just make pro teams and unions hunt for younger targets. Time will tell I guess, but in saying that, if these players want to represent their adopted country, who am I to say any different. Mafi plays for Japan(studied in uni and then got a pro contract), was selected to both Tonga and Japan, and chose Japan. Don’t think he will ever live in Tonga, yet people give him and Japan shit.

People moving for a better life is the way of the world, and impossible to stop.

There’s no easy answer in this. The PI teams will never be able to select home based players and be competitive, they rely heavily on players living overseas, has always been that way and I can’t see it changing.

In the pro world of sport, there’s just something’s that can’t be helped.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
PIers playing overseas is mostly for financial gain, and a better life for their whole family. I wonder what these individuals would say about increasing the residency rule to 10 years, it is directly related to them after all. I think 5 years is about right, and I think it is in place to stop tier 1 teams bringing in pro’s with the intention of capping them. Hopefully it’ll slow the “poaching” but I’m guessing it’s going to just make pro teams and unions hunt for younger targets. Time will tell I guess, but in saying that, if these players want to represent their adopted country, who am I to say any different. Mafi plays for Japan(studied in uni and then got a pro contract), was selected to both Tonga and Japan, and chose Japan. Don’t think he will ever live in Tonga, yet people give him and Japan shit.

People moving for a better life is the way of the world, and impossible to stop.

There’s no easy answer in this. The PI teams will never be able to select home based players and be competitive, they rely heavily on players living overseas, has always been that way and I can’t see it changing.

Its a tough one ........ for me i think that the international team should reflect the effort of the Nation to provide the structures to grow the game and the number of quality players turned out. Nothing wrong with players chasing wages for them or their families or indeed the experiences that playing overseas gives you, however, i dont see it as good for the game, to give them the penny and the bun.

I would certainly cheer on Hadleigh Parkes in Welsh shirt, i like his attitude i like his play. He has been a positive for the regional game and a positive influence IMO on Welsh rugby. However, i do feel that my head tells me that we should be focussing on producing our own Hadley Parkes, through our own structures and system for international rugby. Im all for quality foreign players in the regions, but not in the international set-up.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
loosechange wrote:

Its a tough one ........ for me i think that the international team should reflect the effort of the Nation to provide the structures to grow the game and the number of quality players turned out. Nothing wrong with players chasing wages for them or their families or indeed the experiences that playing overseas gives you, however, i dont see it as good for the game, to give them the penny and the bun.

I would certainly cheer on Hadleigh Parkes in Welsh shirt, i like his attitude i like his play. He has been a positive for the regional game and a positive influence IMO on Welsh rugby. However, i do feel that my head tells me that we should be focussing on producing our own Hadley Parkes, through our own structures and system for international rugby. Im all for quality foreign players in the regions, but not in the international set-up.

That’s a good point. I guess it’s a bit different in Wales as the regions don’t really do what they’re told from above, do they? Does the WRU help bring in foreign players or is that completely up to each region? Are there rules about the amount of players brought in from overseas? And do a number of them have to be WQ?

Each country has completely different circumstances I guess, so 1 blanket rule will hurt some, and make no difference to others.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next