It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Aus beat Argies and go 2nd 
World XV Player

Post Aus beat Argies and go 2nd
Aus go to 2nd in The final standings beating Arg by 17

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Aus beat Argies and go 2nd
Of all the quarter-finalists in the 2015 RWC, Argentina have probably declined the most and their world ranking reflects this - they finished the RWC ranked 5th globally, now they are 10th! Perhaps (a) they are fatigued from having all their selected players clustered into the Jaguares and constantly moving around the world and (b) their refusal to select those players who have decided to remain in Europe, e.g. Imhoff, Lobbe and Isa, might be hurting them.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Wales would given them a good run in the decline since 2015 competition..

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:09 pm

Langland Exile wrote:
Wales would given them a good run in the decline since 2015 competition..

Plus also South Africa last year though they have much improved this year, notwithstanding that record defeat to New Zealand the other week. Anyway, at the end of RWC Wales were ranked 4th globally and are now 7th, which is still less severe than Argentina's drop.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I feel like we'll see the Argies improve massively for 2019 again. I'm not sure what their pool is like but there'd be a lot of teams worried about facing them.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:53 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
I feel like we'll see the Argies improve massively for 2019 again. I'm not sure what their pool is like but there'd be a lot of teams worried about facing them.

I get this feeling as well. It seems like everyone is treating them like a Italy quality team because they are the equivalent whipping boys in the SH comp, but they aren’t far off being a good side. Don’t know where their forward pack has been this season, but they’ll be upsetting teams in two years.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Four More Years wrote:

Not a good pool from their point of view - they face England and France. Don't forget they lost twice to a semi-second string England team at home in June, as well as losing comprehensively against them last November even when they had 14 men for most of the match, while last year they lost at home to France 0-27!

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Not a good pool from their point of view - they face England and France. Don't forget they lost twice to a semi-second string England team at home in June, as well as losing comprehensively against them last November even when they had 14 men for most of the match, while last year they lost at home to France 0-27!

WCs are a different kettle of fish, and still a long way away. TBH I’d back them over the frogs most days of the week now.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:33 am

loosechange wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

WCs are a different kettle of fish, and still a long way away. TBH I’d back them over the frogs most days of the week now.

Perhaps, but they'll be thrashed by England.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail