It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Money buys the whiskey RWC 2023 
World XV Player

Post Re: Money buys the whiskey RWC 2023
I'd probably favour SA and Ireland over France. SA because of their rugby history and Ireland because I'd love an excuse to visit.

I'm sure the tournament would be good in France, it just doesn't inspire me.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 pm
World XV Player

I'd love it here. 1995 was probably one of only a few times the country has ever really felt 'united'... I remember us driving home after the final and everyone (and I mean everyone; whites, blacks, indians, coloureds, from ferrari to taxi drivers to pedestrians) had SA or Bok flags, waving to each other - wasn't even just because we won (thanks Suzie), was like that the entire tournament.

So I truly hope we get another chance for our country to feel like that again, but who knows.

Prefer almost anyone else to France, because they recently hosted it. Not (just) because I hate their club-first attitude.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:42 am
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
I'd love it here. 1995 was probably one of only a few times the country has ever really felt 'united'... I remember us driving home after the final and everyone (and I mean everyone; whites, blacks, indians, coloureds, from ferrari to taxi drivers to pedestrians) had SA or Bok flags, waving to each other - wasn't even just because we won (thanks Suzie), was like that the entire tournament.

So I truly hope we get another chance for our country to feel like that again, but who knows.

Prefer almost anyone else to France, because they recently hosted it. Not (just) because I hate their club-first attitude.

After reading that, I can't deny the warm and fuzzy feelings...... Come on SA!!! :occasion5:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:05 am
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:

So I truly hope we get another chance for our country to feel like that again, but who knows?

Amen, Boet, Amen.

Another Nelson Mandela around the corner would be first rate.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 am