It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:23 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better 
Author Message
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 pm
Posts: 1974
Location: Boksburg
Post 
Tel better to support the shitty SA teams (one team happened to be the 2016 Currie Cup champion - a non-quota competition) than to sit through a game watching the rock bottom Sunwolf who lost by nearly a hundred the week before milking a blues cow the next weekend

It's ridiculous for sa to travel and play 5 games in Australasia whereby a nz team only play 2 here while their other 3 is in Aus, a 1 hr flight

In the non-quota years 2007-2010 I think the Bulls won it three times in a row.
The Lions with their 'Springbok' wing Ruan Combrink who is not allowed to play for the Springboks because of the quota count (STP strategic transformatio plan they said they cannot pick him because the STP unless they bring more quotas in other positions). This close to a non-quota Lions team have played a good final 14 against 15!

_________________
I made Boksburg famous


Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:36 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5981
Location: Pretoria
Post 
I am sure the Auckland blues will pick themselves up sooner than later again. They used to be a great team and maybe it was just a slip up.
Regarding shitty sa in NH. I stand with the fact (and the 2017 S18 log can be checked by all and sundry) that they finished better/higher than the Waratahs Reds Rebels Force Sunwolves and bulls

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10060
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
You read it here first! Tel is the champion of world rugby. :bs:

Christ, what a load of *b@ll@cks*. For years you've been rubbing your hands together with glee at every signing from SA, NZ, Fiji, Aus, anywhere not in your backyard - and now you're trying to say you really want a strong global game? Absolute rubbish. You can't erase 10 years of post history with a little revision.

You can ramble on as much as you like about it Tel but we know how you are. You've preached it for years, that doesn't all just go away.

And again the SA guys seem strangely obsessed with one NZ team, and one result. Let's get some facts straight here.

No kiwis here support the Blues - so your jibes fall on deaf ears.
The Blues finished 9th out of 18 - and you think that's worth taking the piss out of? Check your own teams year upon year, upon year. The Blues only look bad compared to other NZ teams.
The Blues have won Super Rugby more times than ALL THE SA TEAMS COMBINED. And that's our shit team...

Seriously, the shitty Blues have won SR 50% more than all of South Africa - damn that's terrible.

Vern swapping his support to the Cheetahs and the Kings in the NH comp is nothing surprising. He is the epitome of fair weather fan (watch him go missing after any Boks/SA SR team loss). It's weak, and a crap way to be a supporter.


Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:06 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 pm
Posts: 1974
Location: Boksburg
Post 
This guys attacks of Tel that is just reporting his daily news at times. I am no psychologist but trained military men in Nigeria and now approached on stopping a killing brigade trained in North Korea right now for Zim's election next year and attacking Cheetahs farmers in landgrab for eff. I guess this guy's attack on Tel is as weak as a dropout law student

one game? The Lions big score over the Auckland Blues 2016 and they hardly beat any nz team. The Kings were only 2 positions down them on the log and we in sa know Kings weren't on merit

Good record Blues. One you not mentioning. Lions over Blues first ever Super rugby final only a few mnths before mr. Mandela became prez

_________________
I made Boksburg famous


Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:25 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10060
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
Vern I know you'll perform forum fellatio on anyone with an opinion that opposes me because I really get under your skin but if you can't see that it's attitudes like Tel's from some NH guys thats caused some of the current SA rugby crisis then you're blind.

People like him want all rugby in their backyard, look how Shit your Currie Cup is now. You can blame your favourite quotas, but that's just ignorance to a bigger picture.

"Super Rugby officially started with the 1996 season with 12 teams from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa." - we don't count the ones we won from 1986-1995, why do you saffers always want a participation award?

Hope you enjoy working that 9-5 btw. That 1 year diploma really paid off.


Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:15 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15434
Location: Japan
Post Re:
Vernon wrote:
Tel better to support the shitty SA teams (one team happened to be the 2016 Currie Cup champion - a non-quota competition) than to sit through a game watching the rock bottom Sunwolf who lost by nearly a hundred the week before milking a blues cow the next weekend

It's ridiculous for sa to travel and play 5 games in Australasia whereby a nz team only play 2 here while their other 3 is in Aus, a 1 hr flight

In the non-quota years 2007-2010 I think the Bulls won it three times in a row.
The Lions with their 'Springbok' wing Ruan Combrink who is not allowed to play for the Springboks because of the quota count (STP strategic transformatio plan they said they cannot pick him because the STP unless they bring more quotas in other positions). This close to a non-quota Lions team have played a good final 14 against 15!

In those 3 non quota years, which btw were cracking wins for the bulls, you guys still had 3 in the bottom 5 twice, and 2 the other year. It's not like these quota years are the only reason for not having Saffa depth. Rugby in SA just hasn't evolved as fast as NZ and that's killing you two.

Having the Japanese and Pumas is for growth, which I think it is fair to say allowing two teams some space to improve isn't a bad thing. Next year we will have 3 conferences, you guys will get "easy" points from the pumas, the cons from the sunwolves. If anyone should be complaining, its us who have by far the more difficult teams.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5981
Location: Pretoria
Post 
I don't mind our players in NH. With Pro14 we regularly see them in action. Even saw Derek Minnie an old Lions stalwart for Zebre.
Where would these guys find themselves jobs elsewhere? In SA playing Super rugby with a 50/50% quota forced into a 90/10% in five years? That limit certain players to only 50% and 10% in five years of available rugby jobs as a pro player.

NH is our saviour in giving these guys opportunity they would not get on home soil.

Great on Montpellier opening the scholarship at Cheetahs and the 50 schoolboys on programme. French teacher classes etc. Schoolboys can now look fwd in playing their rugby in Europe or for Cheetahs in Europe instead of being excluded on a colour based quota system

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13137
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
One can't really reply to amateur mind readers accusations where the person concerned knows differently.

I suspect that the 'backyard' comment is just pique at the potential drain on the S Hemp inadequate, somewhat impractical S Hemp battleground that has been the subject of infighting for too long.

Any eventual w/wide Conference set up will benefit all and better promote 'Club' rugby nationally and internationally because it would marry both worlds including the backyards.

The trend of increased SA participation to the N Hemp (not its current version but a more widespread one as previously out looked) will, imo, strengthen both parties performance, why not? It will also allow better competition to NZ rugby which 4MY and his posse says they want but seem reticent to accept it, they just preach from their pulpit.

I'm also fed up with just receiving insulting diatribe response interspersed with foul language.... evidence of an inadequate vocabulary.

4MY you can batter and bully as much as you like but sound reason and sensible outlook will not be influenced by it. ;)

_________________
Imageimage url uploadEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15434
Location: Japan
Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
I don't mind our players in NH. With Pro14 we regularly see them in action. Even saw Derek Minnie an old Lions stalwart for Zebre.
Where would these guys find themselves jobs elsewhere? In SA playing Super rugby with a 50/50% quota forced into a 90/10% in five years? That limit certain players to only 50% and 10% in five years of available rugby jobs as a pro player.

NH is our saviour in giving these guys opportunity they would not get on home soil.

Great on Montpellier opening the scholarship at Cheetahs and the 50 schoolboys on programme. French teacher classes etc. Schoolboys can now look fwd in playing their rugby in Europe or for Cheetahs in Europe instead of being excluded on a colour based quota system

I don't see a problem with yours lads heading north, seems good for them and that's all that matters really.

I didn't know the quotas were changing to 90/10. :shock: That seems a bit extreme but as with many things, the past dictates the future. I only hope in the long run, SA rugby improves.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
Nother day same old crap sheesh lol.
Oh well like the format better, hope the best SA players play super and the next level UK.

Looking forward it it, and following how boys up north go, will be interesting and a chance for SA to move forward, not to bothered if SA go, seems logical and exciting to start a new comp doesn't here if it happens

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15434
Location: Japan
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
Tony Panties wrote:
One can't really reply to amateur mind readers accusations where the person concerned knows differently.

I suspect that the 'backyard' comment is just pique at the potential drain on the S Hemp inadequate, somewhat impractical S Hemp battleground that has been the subject of infighting for too long.

Any eventual w/wide Conference set up will benefit all and better promote 'Club' rugby nationally and internationally because it would marry both worlds including the backyards.

The trend of increased SA participation to the N Hemp (not its current version but a more widespread one as previously out looked) will, imo, strengthen both parties performance, why not? It will also allow better competition to NZ rugby which 4MY and his posse says they want but seem reticent to accept it, they just preach from their pulpit.

I'm also fed up with just receiving insulting diatribe response interspersed with foul language.... evidence of an inadequate vocabulary.

4MY you can batter and bully as much as you like but sound reason and sensible outlook will not be influenced by it. ;)

Seeing as you've included me in this, I'll poke my nose in.
I don't think a worldwide club comp will work alongside test rugby, as I think the club owners will want more and more, and will try and push to make test rugby irrelevant. They are selfish business men, and that's fine and well but I'd rather they didn't sacrifice international footy to make their heads bigger. I love it how you think these guys want to grow the game and improve it, they don't give a shit about anyone except their team.

Oh, and no matter what you say now, you have done, and no doubt will continue to enjoy anything negative coming out of NZ. I take great delight in the knowing that for years you said NZ would crumble financially, and that they'd one day have to make serious changes to compete with the north. Well, it's good to know they are making money, and kicking arse along the way in what is record fashion. :thefinger:

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13137
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
One can't really reply to amateur mind readers accusations where the person concerned knows differently.

I suspect that the 'backyard' comment is just pique at the potential drain on the S Hemp inadequate, somewhat impractical S Hemp battleground that has been the subject of infighting for too long.

Any eventual w/wide Conference set up will benefit all and better promote 'Club' rugby nationally and internationally because it would marry both worlds including the backyards.

The trend of increased SA participation to the N Hemp (not its current version but a more widespread one as previously out looked) will, imo, strengthen both parties performance, why not? It will also allow better competition to NZ rugby which 4MY and his posse says they want but seem reticent to accept it, they just preach from their pulpit.

I'm also fed up with just receiving insulting diatribe response interspersed with foul language.... evidence of an inadequate vocabulary.

4MY you can batter and bully as much as you like but sound reason and sensible outlook will not be influenced by it. ;)

Seeing as you've included me in this, I'll poke my nose in.
I don't think a worldwide club comp will work alongside test rugby, as I think the club owners will want more and more, and will try and push to make test rugby irrelevant. They are selfish business men, and that's fine and well but I'd rather they didn't sacrifice international footy to make their heads bigger. I love it how you think these guys want to grow the game and improve it, they don't give a shit about anyone except their team.

Oh, and no matter what you say now, you have done, and no doubt will continue to enjoy anything negative coming out of NZ. I take great delight in the knowing that for years you said NZ would crumble financially, and that they'd one day have to make serious changes to compete with the north. Well, it's good to know they are making money, and kicking arse along the way in what is record fashion. :thefinger:


Poking your nose in not to address the potential international expansion of the game and opportunity to strengthen the total but, in 2d para, again ...to just voice again this apparent victimisation complex of attack on NZ. i'll ignore the overegged status of NZ business status .....For goodness sake get this monkey off your back ...


PS ...where did I mention you?

_________________
Imageimage url uploadEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15434
Location: Japan
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
"Posse" and "they". I don't know who else you could be talking about?

Um, I said what I thought about the international club comp you proposed, or is that not addressing? If the club owners up north have as little as possible to do with setting it up, then it'd be good. Otherwise, they'll just be trying to push the wedge further between their clubs, and test footy, something I think is very bad for the game in the SH. I care for the international scene, being a kiwi we have the most to lose here. I thought that obvious.

I'm not a victim, just a fan who feels it right to tell you to pull your head in, is all. :)

No monkey on my back bro, you've got enough of them, for all of us.

If someone writes in French, ole English, Japanese, or business, I think it's only fair to give them a bit of shit, no? :thumbright:

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13137
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
loosechange wrote:
"Posse" and "they". I don't know who else you could be talking about?

Um, I said what I thought about the international club comp you proposed, or is that not addressing? If the club owners up north have as little as possible to do with setting it up, then it'd be good. Otherwise, they'll just be trying to push the wedge further between their clubs, and test footy, something I think is very bad for the game in the SH. I care for the international scene, being a kiwi we have the most to lose here. I thought that obvious.

I'm not a victim, just a fan who feels it right to tell you to pull your head in, is all. :)

No monkey on my back bro, you've got enough of them, for all of us.

If someone writes in French, ole English, Japanese, or business, I think it's only fair to give them a bit of shit, no? :thumbright:


You're not posse mun, you're Deputy Sherrif ;)

_________________
Imageimage url uploadEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
"Posse" and "they". I don't know who else you could be talking about?

Um, I said what I thought about the international club comp you proposed, or is that not addressing? If the club owners up north have as little as possible to do with setting it up, then it'd be good. Otherwise, they'll just be trying to push the wedge further between their clubs, and test footy, something I think is very bad for the game in the SH. I care for the international scene, being a kiwi we have the most to lose here. I thought that obvious.

I'm not a victim, just a fan who feels it right to tell you to pull your head in, is all. :)

No monkey on my back bro, you've got enough of them, for all of us.

If someone writes in French, ole English, Japanese, or business, I think it's only fair to give them a bit of shit, no? :thumbright:


You're not posse mun, you're Deputy Sherrif ;)


Lol that is funny come on


I'm crazy horse, gotta laugh at yrself sometimes :albino:

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: