It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better 
World XV Player

Post Re: Super draw 2018, 15 teams, looks better
loosechange wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
Gentlemen, attack the post, not the poster, please!

TBF, the post after yours is :clap: . :D
I try to be polite, there are other ways to control threads.

Fair enough. I didn't think it was so bad on this one, but I don't have the power so all good. FMYs probably says what others think, usually harsher. :D

Tels been shit stirring down these ways for years, only fair he gets the spoon thrown at his face imho.

´Attack the post and not the poster?! ' 'other ways to control a thread' etc ;) ...

Sticks, stones and spoons don't matter a damn though.

My Greenwell Glory is getting a bit tatty it's been very successful but I do confess to being a bit fed up having to put the catch back in so often.

Rugby is in jeopardy one way and another and I will continue to raise important issues as they evolve and use examples as I see fit.

The general press is begining on the same tack.

An example ....England players strike on the way? These are issues that are serious and will threaten futures.

The game is, imo, more vulnerable than people imagine......already serious concern about Player welfare, the image of the game and relative financial clout which in some instances is inversely proportional to on the field results but still of important influence.

Club rugby is an important factor and will skew the game, stick your heads in the sand and you'll get your arses kicked. Today's status just a step on the way.

I think that SA positioning will be a game changer. That's how I read it and I'm trying to see the wood from the trees.

and the fault just doesn't come from N Hemp Clubs seeking more governance there's a general malaise...peoples concerns are growing and the Pro game has not been administered and sensibly controlled from its conception.

By all means concentrate on the game per se but we should be worried about the state that it has evolved to...and like it or like it not Pro means business oriented and increased media demands that suck in other issues.

Even the game itself has changed remarkably abd not necessarily for the better.

I do use S Hemp occaisionally to highlight issues because I think it is vulnerable. Super Rugby and surrounding discussions has been a cess pool. Whilst the ABs have increased their domination, Arg has waned, Japan is only really paperweight (i am treating them as 'S Hemp' because their inclusion has been mooted) and SA disappoint and disperse their players whilst Aus just can't afford it. PI are kept as an Academy for just about everywhere.Financially Countries are unsound...ref NZ the posse can show me one account or another but NZ financials are often up and down like a whore's knickers.

N Hemp in comparison is variable ...England potentially competitive and certainly affluent. Ireland promising, Scotland showing some *juice* and Wales variable but very fragile, France disappoint and although emphasis is trying to change Club Rugby is popular and still somewhat dominant. The franglais control the game below international level.and have w wide clout.

Now there's a sinister warfare erupting where billionaires compete and aren't sugar daddies but really competing forces.

Rugby has a much smaller footprint to footy but some of the aspects are certainly similar to the footy evolution.and certainly in the N Hemp and SA may well become embroiled.

Finally, my favourite foe ...IRB now World Rugby ...cash cow World Cup oriented and other glamour like 7s for the Olympics and is largely populated by Blazers. I do concede that new members like Pichot show initiative but the likes of Billy Beaumont et al ....are out of touch and have proved impotent when push comes to shove live inter country disputes, the march of N Hemp Club governance of key aspects, lethargy regarding w/wide potential and probably a loss of initiative there.

Have a good lookk over the parapet and use a bloody tekescope instead of the eye glass to look at the results page at the back of the newspaper.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:22 am
World XV Player

The Rules leading to uneven contests are spoiling the game. When 61k people watch 14 against 15. Leeway should be built on. a Bench substitute to come on after 10
Impartial refs to be used. Not done in Super rugby
In SA the game is lively and interest shown school level healthy and clubs. Many pro teams about 15. SA's potential is to be one of the best in the world. Only problem is politics and law politicians implement and I am starting to wonder if its for the good of the players or for self interest. It seems more the latter to me
Being a pro game its big money. a Player such as nyakane is the highest paid player ever in sa rugby and he hardly played more than 10 mins this season for the Bulls from bench. Same with coaches and pres jobs.

It's like telling the American basketball team that only 10% of players coaches management must be black because 90% of the money must go to whites
My take is scrap colour at least on national level. Play the best and make room for development at junior levels

Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:10 am
World XV Player

You've been banging on about some of this stuff for years, some I agree with, some I don't.

The club scene is only in the spotlight because the money men in the north want it that way. It's their foot in the door, to control the game, which I think would be a disaster compared to World Rugby in charge. It is blatantly obvious you want the NH clubs to take control, I guess it's because the test teams can't? I don't know what you see in them ruling the game, all I see is them killing test rugby dead, so, I hope they all go bankrupt. :thumbright:

It's interesting that what you see as the savior, we see it as the complete opposite, hence our dislike for the club scene in the north. They do not care about the game, only bottom line. I have no issues with where the game is right now. I don't really recall it being the huge problem you keep telling us it is. :scratch:

SH rugby isn't really any different now then what it was years ago. :scratch: It's the middle of WC years and everyone is rebuilding. The meat eaters have issues, but thats down to history, add in all their woes and I'd still pick them to beat most NH teams most of the time. Only 2 years ago who were the semi finalists at the WC? SA were forced to drop two teams from super rugby, they simply don't have the numbers to field good enough teams for that comp, hence two of them going north. If they all go, then good for them, though I think they'll weaken their whole structure, but thats another story.

NZ rugby finances seem healthier than ever, the knickers have been down, but that was part of the long term plan and AFAIK, they are in a smashing position, which must hurt the hell out of you, you've been hoping for NZs destruction for as long as I've been on here.

You always seem to talk down to us, like you are some all knowing guru and we don't know anything, add in the almost unintelligible business speak and it's part of the reason you get so much shit on here.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:32 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
The Rules leading to uneven contests are spoiling the game. When 61k people watch 14 against 15. Leeway should be built on. a Bench substitute to come on after 10
Impartial refs to be used. Not done in Super rugby
In SA the game is lively and interest shown school level healthy and clubs. Many pro teams about 15. SA's potential is to be one of the best in the world. Only problem is politics and law politicians implement and I am starting to wonder if its for the good of the players or for self interest. It seems more the latter to me
Being a pro game its big money. a Player such as nyakane is the highest paid player ever in sa rugby and he hardly played more than 10 mins this season for the Bulls from bench. Same with coaches and pres jobs.

It's like telling the American basketball team that only 10% of players coaches management must be black because 90% of the money must go to whites
My take is scrap colour at least on national level. Play the best and make room for development at junior levels

The rules do need changing, or at least there should be less, but doing that is almost impossible. Anyway, we have the rules, everyone knows or can see them, so complaining after a game is just sour grapes. Don't get yourself into a position to receive a card, and if it happens, its just bad luck. Rugby is one sport that is full of luck.
Impartial refs should be used, thats a no brainer.
SA is one of the best rugby nations on the planet, they just arent a par with NZ and havent been for ages.
Comparing rugby in SA to US basketball is simply ridiculous.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:42 am
World XV Player

It just seems like to Pantie, rugby is merely another vehicle to talk about money and business. He doesn't actually seem to be a rugby fan.

I could imagine him wallowing in happiness on a soccer forum somewhere. Or does he withdraw from 'conquered' sites to focus on his 'work in progress'?

----------

I hope noone take offence to the above, and good luck with the CIA job application Grim
:thumbright:

----------

So yeah.... I think SA does/did have the numbers to field more (quality) teams.
What we lack is the money (dammit!!!) to keep all of them in SA, and general coaching skills.

I know NZ loses players to overseas clubs too; we would have enough if we kept all ours, they have enough players regardless.

But we don't, so the cull is the best idea imo. And it is kinda nice watching two different cross-border competitions now... I can have my cake and eat it :D

Still hate the conference system though.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:28 am
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
It just seems like to Pantie, rugby is merely another vehicle to talk about money and business. He doesn't actually seem to be a rugby fan.

I could imagine him wallowing in happiness on a soccer forum somewhere. Or does he withdraw from 'conquered' sites to focus on his 'work in progress'?

----------

I hope noone take offence to the above, and good luck with the CIA job application Grim
:thumbright:

----------

So yeah.... I think SA does/did have the numbers to field more (quality) teams.
What we lack is the money (dammit!!!) to keep all of them in SA, and general coaching skills.

I know NZ loses players to overseas clubs too; we would have enough if we kept all ours, they have enough players regardless.

But we don't, so the cull is the best idea imo. And it is kinda nice watching two different cross-border competitions now... I can have my cake and eat it :D

Still hate the conference system though.

That's a pretty bang on way of describing the French fellow. :thumbright:

Can't say CIA bro, black vans will show up.

If we went back to super 12, that'd be perfect imho. Even though we had 5 teams, I think it worked really well. The boks always had at least 2 strong teams. I don't know if you have the numbers for 5 or more teams, I guess over the last few years you guys have struggled, and imo deserve 4.

I also hate the conference system, but at least now its not a complete shambles. Round robin is far better.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:46 am
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:

Sorry about the impression, I have followed and participated in Rugby for the last 60+ years and in multiple Countries. Part of that has majored on promoting and progressing Junior Rugby.

My experience of SA Rugby goes all the way back to the 1951/2 tour and that bald headed wing forward van Wyck whose competition with Welsh 10 Cliff Morgan was a highlight also Okey Geffin the Jewish prop who was also prime Goal kicker!! They beat Wales 6 - 3 in a close game and beat my local team Aberavon who combined with Neath ...22-0 Too young to go to the match but news relayed in detail. My first International was Wales/NZ in 1953 :thumbup:

My love of the game is waning and I'm very sad about it.

I follow the Business aspect because the Pro game demands it and the future is highly dependent on it.

We are a Rugby family and I'm pleased to say the following 2 generations very active in it..

I also have an extensive Rugby memorabilia collection including a significant % of S Hemp.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:06 am
World XV Player

When it comes to Rugby it seems to me Tony Panties had been to BAGhDAD when most of you cronies were still in DADsBAG :D

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:13 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
When it comes to Rugby it seems to me Tony Panties had been to BAGhDAD when most of you cronies were still in DADsBAG :D

I believe that's part of the problem.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:35 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Re:
loosechange wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:

I believe that's part of the problem.

that was the beginning, still entirely up to date and active and majoring on a project of 'Pro Rugby as a Business'

As previously mentioned following generations very active in the direct Sport and Coaching and Admin aspects.

Very active on current rugby as some streams on here will testify.

I can see over the parapet, promise ....and both ends of the spectrum and you??

Again, as in other stream .. too many brickbats and contention ..

I've also a life to lead beyond, even if it may be somewhat limited now :D ;)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:18 pm
World XV Player

I just amazed my post is still there..... Maybe Grim got that job?

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:06 pm
Site Admin

TheSmurf wrote:
I just amazed my post is still there..... Maybe Grim got that job?
No bloody pleasing you is there! :thefinger:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

Due to, err, somewhat overzealous moderation, you now look like an arrogant twat hahaha :D

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:21 pm
Site Admin

TheSmurf wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:

Due to, err, somewhat overzealous moderation, you now look like an arrogant twat hahaha :D
Cverzealous in what way, asking not to attack the poster, or because I didn't delete your post which I thought was just an opinion? As for calling me an " arrogant twat" have a 24hr ban :thefinger:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I quoted Loosie's post... Look at it again.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next