It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:41 pm

AB selections rotation, rest 
World XV Player

Post AB selections rotation, rest
Tuipulotu back, gees his form 2 years ago was great, they have a lot of work to do to get him up to speed
Crotty rested and form
Locks rested
Squire, Cane, BB
Starts for Sapoaga, ALB, Romano and SB, prob TJ too
Fifita would cover lock 6 you would think, surely Tuipulotu just cover in case injury
Hope they start another prop at loosehead

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-b ... gets-lucky

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: AB selections rotation, rest
Hansen has, I believe, declared two separate squads for SA and Arg? prime reason to keep team fresh in intensive period ..makes sense and an indication of strength and depth of squad.

Players reported exempt for Arg ...whitelock, retallick, Squire, Cane, Barret, Crotty

In jest, ...I think NZ are preparing for A and B squads to level the International playing field :D

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:20 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Hansen has, I believe, declared two separate squads for SA and Arg? prime reason to keep team fresh in intensive period ..makes sense and an indication of strength and depth of squad.

Players reported exempt for Arg ...whitelock, retallick, Squire, Cane, Barret, Crotty

In jest, ...I think NZ are preparing for A and B squads to level the International playing field :D

Yep had a giggle at the "two teams" which gives the SA concept some leverage lol.

Locking depth is an issue at top level, will be interesting how the back ups go

Romano, Barrett, Fifita (utility) and return of Tuipulotu

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I reckon we're taking a big risk naming such a changed squad for the tour. Then again I reckon squad rugby is the future, especially with all the concussion issues coming up. It won't be long until rotation is the norm - similar to how MLB rotate pitchers. It'll either be a choice from the unions, or forced on them through legal action over head knocks. Either way it's coming in the next 5 years.

We could absolutely lose to the Argies and SA playing this weakened team.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:11 pm
World XV Player

Yep 4 of our tight 5 out, and this year it seems depth behind the top tight 5 is there but a huge gap behind Retallic, Whitelock, Franks and Moody. We played crap without Retallic against Ireland last year..hope we get through ok

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's good we are putting young players under the pump like this. Better it's controlled than losing players in big matches and playing players who aren't tested.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:27 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
It's good we are putting young players under the pump like this. Better it's controlled than losing players in big matches and playing players who aren't tested.

Hope we can find some more loosehead props, prob only concern atm, and giving other candidates a go

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

At least we are seeing improvements in Ofa.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:28 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
At least we are seeing improvements in Ofa.

It's pretty rare to see players or coaches not improve when they go into the blackness. Most seem to up their game, some faster than others. Biggest improvement is Foster I reckon. I didn't know one person who wasn't worried when he was announced to be in the blackness, since then it's been a blanket silence, from me as well.

I wonder if the young hooker in the capital will get a run with the blackness, with him in the mix we have the best on the planet, a back up who could play for most test teams, and a young best you some say is destined for greatness. :occasion5:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:16 am
World XV Player

Asofa has got to be on the EoYT. He's a huge prospect, probably the standout prospect in the past few years - maybe since BB.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:00 am