It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Australia 23-23 South Africa 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Australia 23-23 South Africa
Amazingly, when you consider what happened last year, the Springboks remain unbeaten in 2017!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41211645

South Africa fought back from a 10-point deficit to secure the draw in Australia.

The Wallabies were in command at 20-10 at the start of the second half, but the Springboks stepped up their domination of the breakdown and set piece to take the lead before the tie ended level.

Jesse Kriel and Malcolm Marx crossed for South Africa while Kurtley Beale and Tatafu Polota-Nau scored tries for Australia.

The result means South Africa remain unbeaten in six Tests this year, but they sit three points behind world champions New Zealand, who they meet next in the championship.

Australia host Argentina in Canberra.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Springboks scrum was better but improvements needed in other areas. In the S18 when Lions were redcarded and scrummed 7 against 8 with some ABs for 70mins and held their own I thought Springbok selectors would have ticked the Lions frontrowers at least. They opted for Coenie Oosthuizen the Sharks th. I was in doubt as he used to play on the lh side but he proved me wrong

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:56 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
They opted for Coenie Oosthuizen the Sharks th. I was in doubt as he used to play on the lh side but he proved me wrong

Me too.
Wasn't a very good game and I thought we could have gone for another scrum on their line instead of the penalty, for more points. But the way some people are carrying on like Etsebeth was scared to make that call - fupp, are they forgetting the penalty took them into the lead; not to draw.

Sometimes South Africans are pissing stupid.

Like our backs who think lateral running and aimless kicking is the way to go. Rohan jvR has to be in the mix soon so we can get a straight-running back! He just needs to relearn how to catch the ball reliably.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:30 am