It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 pm

AB s beat Pumas, just 
World XV Player

Post AB s beat Pumas, just
Only seen highlights, Fafita the beast, looking forward to him, Squire and Kaino scrapping for the 6, awesome. Maybe he's a better option as off the bench lock backrow cover.
Who cares another excellent back rower.

Barrett no 1, hiccups again, for the kid (no goat yet)..

No Franks and Faumuina now no Moody. 3 of our best props over last couple few years. The back up boys are gonna be tested against the Boks.

Who's our best wings, seems Reiko and Dagg, but was Dagg on another bad day at d office.

Boks will be smelling some blood

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: AB s beat Pumas, just
Dmac was a bit shit I thought, good try but definitely has to up his game, his up and under was an absolute shocker.
BB had a game to forget.
Fafita was unreal, his first touch was a sign of things to come. His gas to score though. Just :shock:
NMS wasn't bad, Dagg too. ALB and SBW played well.

The pumas played awesome, hope they can get out of their rut.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:28 pm
Schools District Player

Argentina will progress in the years to come. Their handling and speed today would have won them the Grand Slam in the Six Nations league. What a pity the Italians beat them to the entry door in the North.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
Argentina will progress in the years to come. Their handling and speed today would have won them the Grand Slam in the Six Nations league. What a pity the Italians beat them to the entry door in the North.

Argentina tend to do well in Rugby World Cups but go to sleep in the interim - since the last one, they lost 27-0 at home to France; lost to a Wales team in decline; lost to a Scotland team who are, well, Scotland; lost 27-14 to 14-man England at Twickenham; lost both Summer Tests to a second-string England...

But yes, Argentina are certainly a better team than Italy, just as (at the other end of the Tier One spectrum) New Zealand are a better team than England.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:

Argentina tend to do well in Rugby World Cups but go to sleep in the interim - since the last one, they lost 27-0 at home to France; lost to a Wales team in decline; lost to a Scotland team who are, well, Scotland; lost 27-14 to 14-man England at Twickenham; lost both Summer Tests to a second-string England...

But yes, Argentina are certainly a better team than Italy, just as (at the other end of the Tier One spectrum) New Zealand are a better team than England.

I do believe you are getting worse... ;) :D

You are a bit like the fictional detective, Andy Dalziel, whose MO was ignoring the relevance of evidence or facts but selectively used part of evidence to fit his theory...maybe you should become a novelist? :clap:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:57 am
World XV Player

Luckily for the AB's the Argies couldn't handle the pace of the last 20 minutes.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 am
World XV Player

Fifita wow! Squire has looked awesome and along comes Fifita and reminds me of Jonah in that semi. He smoked the Argie winger...he's a 6... Jerome is going to struggle to get a start now.

DMac is still hot and cold.

Ardie was a bit shit. He was pretty invisible.

ALB and SBW looked good, but I really want the coaches to settle on a consistent midfield soon.

If we are going to get front row injuries I'd rather get them now than any other time. Perfect chance to really text Hames/Nepo/Ofa and whoever else. Ofa looked crap last night too btw - he's not AB quality.

Scott Barrett - are you guys convinced? I'm not.

I still think ASmith over TJ.

We're really not playing well atm but it's clearly a rebuilding phase - loads of combination changes. We're still winning, so there's that. Not overly worried about the saffers after their performance vs aus. They might beat us, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. We need to learn some lessons right now.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:01 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Fifita wow! Squire has looked awesome and along comes Fifita and reminds me of Jonah in that semi. He smoked the Argie winger...he's a 6... Jerome is going to struggle to get a start now.

ALB and SBW looked good, but I really want the coaches to settle on a consistent midfield soon.

If we are going to get front row injuries I'd rather get them now than any other time. Perfect chance to really text Hames/Nepo/Ofa and whoever else. Ofa looked crap last night too btw - he's not AB quality.

We're really not playing well atm but it's clearly a rebuilding phase - loads of combination changes. We're still winning, so there's that. Not overly worried about the saffers after their performance vs aus. They might beat us, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. We need to learn some lessons right now.

I hope Fafita will start on Saturday, be a good challenge the meat eaters. As much as I love Kaino, we have 2 good young 6's now, and the future is more important than the past.
D.mac, I'm not convinced, but it's good to give these lads a run and see how they go. I feel once JB is back, he'll sew up the 15 (and kicking duties) shirt, with BS to a wing with Reiko on the other.
Scott Barrett was awesome against the lions (I think it was). He reminds me of Romano, not quite killing it, but not shit. I guess he's got something that the coaches like......maybe his last name?
A.Smith>TJP. Though if AS starts, I'd take TJ on the bench. If TJ starts, TKB on the bench.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:55 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

I hope Fafita will start on Saturday, be a good challenge the meat eaters. As much as I love Kaino, we have 2 good young 6's now, and the future is more important than the past.
D.mac, I'm not convinced, but it's good to give these lads a run and see how they go. I feel once JB is back, he'll sew up the 15 (and kicking duties) shirt, with BS to a wing with Reiko on the other.
Scott Barrett was awesome against the lions (I think it was). He reminds me of Romano, not quite killing it, but not shit. I guess he's got something that the coaches like......maybe his last name?
A.Smith>TJP. Though if AS starts, I'd take TJ on the bench. If TJ starts, TKB on the bench.

Fifita was awesome this year, esp against the Lions (b and I), he led the comeback I thought.
The three 6's are too close imo to eacher other, all different qualities, great depth. Awesome seeing another Tongan backrower on the scene. Possibly Faifita may get a bench spot, covering lock too or start and have Asuire on bench with Savea. Gees didn't expect Ardie to have a bad game.
I wasn't impressed with Barrett at all, in all his AB appearances and lock reserve imo is a weakness, hopefully Fafita could possibly fill that gap, or Tuipolotu gets some form again, but haven't seen him have a good game for a while.

Agree with centers, man pretty damn close, can't see Crotty getting dropped, but :dontknow:

Is Ben Smith finished for the year?

Possibly Dagg or Skudder gets a 15 start? If Barrett got a 15 start, who is the back up 10 to Sapoaga?

Props omg we may get beaten in the scum first time in years. Three world class props out, the rest are not world class, possibly not good even, Laulala needs to keeps holding up tighthead, prove he's the man.
Ofa, Crockett, Laualala, Harnes gees wtf. Bring in Tomunga Allen, something must change here..

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Beauden Barrett's kicking does seem to be erratic, which could be a problem when the All Blacks face higher-ranking teams than Argentina (10th in the world) in close matches.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Beauden Barrett's kicking does seem to be erratic, which could be a problem when the All Blacks face higher-ranking teams than Argentina (10th in the world) in close matches.

Yep, many here saying that too, especially with McKenzie playing at 15 who is a good kicker, the coaches seem to be stubborn about this, and possibly a few other decisions too. BB kicking his brother SCott at lock who hasn't reLly made an impact yet, and our tight head sub, Ofa who keeps getting another go and another go. He isn't up to it.

BB kicking arguably cost us the Lions series too, but they still persevere.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail