It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Super-rugby-format-has-become-a-joke 
World XV Player

Post Super-rugby-format-has-become-a-joke
link:
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/PRO14/ex ... e-20170908

I agree with him about : men in suits only in for their own pockets never thought about the game itself

Issues I can see :
Sanzar's men-in-suits never questioned the fact that it is not SA's best teams playing, they just go happiness that SA actually field political correct teams and not their best e.g. the Steval Pumas in the place of the Kings in the past or Bulls at present (Steval Pumas beat the Bulls 51-15)
Referees in the finals are from the home team's country , no partial Refs in finals
Global expansion, yes but they ignore PI teams e.g. Fiji or Samoa

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:35 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Super-rugby-format-has-become-a-joke
Bokbefok wrote:
link:
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/PRO14/ex ... e-20170908

I agree with him about : men in suits only in for their own pockets never thought about the game itself

Issues I can see :
Sanzar's men-in-suits never questioned the fact that it is not SA's best teams playing, they just go happiness that SA actually field political correct teams and not their best e.g. the Steval Pumas in the place of the Kings in the past or Bulls at present (Steval Pumas beat the Bulls 51-15)
Referees in the finals are from the home team's country , no partial Refs in finals
Global expansion, yes but they ignore PI teams e.g. Fiji or Samoa

I think you mean impartial refs. Also, I am sure that Fiji at least was meant to be joining Super Rugby soon?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Since they started the conference system it's been a joke. The best teams don't make the playoffs.

As for the boks being robbed, you don't have the players for more than 5 teams, history has shown that.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Will be great ... a promotion relegation for Pro14 by sides here

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 pm
World XV Player

In the Currie Cup competition there are 7 teams of which 4 play S18 and 1 plays Pro14. 2 teams can challenge for Pro14. Currently it's the sa Pumas and Griquas. In the level below the Currie Cup there are 8 professional teams, the Kings, Cavaliers, Eagles, Bulldogs, Falcons, Griffons, Welwitchias and the Leopards. The top team of these always play promo/rele against the bottom Currie Cup team. This will bring the best 2 not playing S18 (not that they are weaker than the ones playing) into Pro14

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:02 pm

The Kings are lucky. I don't mind they landed in Pro14. It's good for Eastern Province rugby but jip there are strong teams that eye

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 pm
World XV Player

Post Re:
Vernon wrote:
The Kings are lucky. I don't mind they landed in Pro14. It's good for Eastern Province rugby but jip there are strong teams that eye

Best improvement (Kings) from the 2 sa. I watched the game Connacht and Kings in the second half were doing most of the attacking. a Try here there was just short. Connacht deserve the win on their homeground though. What a beautiful settting for a night of rugby in Ireland it was and what a game

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:38 am
World XV Player

SANZAAR CEO Andy Marinos said, “Super Rugby is one of, if not the best club rugby tournaments in the world highlighted this year by a global TV audience of nearly 50 million and a final crowd in Johannesburg of 60,000. It is a key high performance pathway for players from the SANZAAR Unions to transition from club to test rugby, and this will continue to be the case in the future."

“It was not an easy decision to reduce the number of teams but a necessary one considering the outputs from the strategic review to date. The tournament was not working with 18 teams, the structure was confusing, the outcomes of matches were becoming too predictable and the fans and stakeholders had, through our surveys, voiced their concerns."

“SANZAAR respects that as a consequence of this Australia and South Africa have had to make some very hard decisions since our announcement in April that 2018 would revert to 15 teams. It is a difficult time for many in this respect particularly those within the affected teams and their fans. We understand the outpouring of disappointment and associated passion shown for these teams. To not have done anything would have been irresponsible and would have had a significant impact on the long term sustainability of the game within our markets.”

"Our focus is now on rolling out the restructured tournament which we believe will improve standards, competitiveness and interest. By re-establishing a strong base for Super Rugby through a consolidated tournament format, that maximises the potential in the markets in which we currently play, it will allow us to open up new markets through specific match placements and working strategically with our TV broadcasters in the future.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All good stuff. I like Corporate Speak.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:09 am