NZR under scrutiny 
World XV Player

Post NZR under scrutiny
Naughty naughty ...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/41185009

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:45 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: NZR under scrutiny
So rugby players from the most rugby-obsessed nation on Earth really like sex and alcohol? Well I never...

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Aye, Sun Rises shocker ....

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm
World XV Player

I consider it wise and brave to publoise and action it.

Rugby has enough problems, the unacceptable behaviour reference needs to be controlled. In this Pro world brand is v important and that means on and off the field?

Rugby and sponsorship is fundamental ....big brands will withdraw support quickly and we've seen it in action, Carter lost sponsors for drink and driving. Increased reliance at the national level is important.

The days of raucous Lions tours is another example, the McBride tour was an example when wrecking was acceptable ànd openly published in memoires...it isn't any more and the media relish reporting it.

It makes. sense to support the brand with a cleaner image much as old timers like myself remember the raicous aspects as +ve nostagia ;)

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:05 pm
World XV Player

:D Tel on another crusade...... under scrutiny........ok.

It's good we've established what everyone already knew, and it's good NZR are looking to improve off the field. The sports spiritual guardians are again showing the way. 8)

Boys attitudes have changed a lot in the last 10 years(or so I've been told). Onwards and upwards. :king:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:01 pm
World XV Player

Saw the thread title, knew immediately who posted it without even checking.

This is just another symptom of the demonizing of males in general that's happening in NZ and around the world. The agenda is pushed by far left women, and backed by the white knights who put them on a pedestal.

Try being a young lad in school today. Act like a boy - get medicated. Girls doing poorly in school? Something must be done! Boy...well they're just lazy. Try going to university. Don't agree with the female majority - you're going to get booted. Go out on a date with a girl and both of you get drunk and have sex - guess which one gets the sexual assault charge? Kill your children and you're female - out on parole in 2 years (because it really wasn't her fault!), if you're a bloke they throw away the key. Prostate cancer kills more men than the number of women killed by breast cancer and cervical cancer combined. Funding for prostate cancer care and research is around 10% of breast OR cervical cancer in most countries. If you're a bloke you're 10 times more likely to be homeless, but try finding a homeless shelter that is men only - plenty of women's shelters though.

Alcohol issues should be addressed, but we need to remember that it's a legal substance.

Attitudes towards women? If someone hits another person (male or female) we have courts for that. If the judges aren't applying the sentences that's not a rugby issue (and I've been vocal here about rugby players and other famous people getting away with lesser sentences). If they are talking about this wishy washy *b@ll@cks* about respect then the white knights really are running things. Apparently it's empowering for women to be sexually aggressive now, but if a situation goes to the media (like Smith's) the male is painted as a some predator. Same goes for Kaino. Two to tango. We legalize prostitution in NZ, and its defended as "my body, my choice" but when a team gets a stripper on a tour bus it's seen as something that needs to be looked into? It's funny how the big fuss around the Chiefs and the stripper went away just before the true story was leaked to the media that it wasn't a Chiefs player, employee, coach, or anyone connected to the Chiefs that allegedly touch the stripper but the 70yo bus driver from the company the team was using to go on an outing. Why wasn't that public? No headline there - no way to get stuck into the players for being sexist when it as nothing to do with the team.

NZRU are bending over to the offended minority. Those people that get offended on behalf of everyone else, over issues that have nothing to do with them, even if the issue doesn't offend the people in question. It's weak and a sign of the times.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 am
World XV Player

:wtf: OMG the woman who had consensual sex in a disabled toilet has suddenly become a "victim" . :bs: If her partner in crime was not an AB you would never known it happened.

:D :D :D Tel seems to to think if you hide your dirty linen then you have a cleaner imagine and should get bigger, better sponsorship.

Get into the real world Tel, I have been around the traps a lot over the last 10 years and there are no "clean" international level rugby nations.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:59 am
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
:wtf: OMG the woman who had consensual sex in a disabled toilet has suddenly become a "victim" . :bs: If her partner in crime was not an AB you would never known it happened.

:D :D :D Tel seems to to think if you hide your dirty linen then you have a cleaner imagine and should get bigger, better sponsorship.

Get into the real world Tel, I have been around the traps a lot over the last 10 years and there are no "clean" international level rugby nations.

Justic, opposite!

Read my post ...I applaud the action, ... such behaviour should be better controlled.

Modern pro rugby needs a better professional image, these guys earn big money and have a huge public image and a brand responsibility.

I have applauded the NZRFU open comment and intent to treat it.
“NZR chief executive Steve Tew said "the integrity, reputation, and ultimate success of the game in New Zealand" depended on the recommendations being successfully adopted

PS 4MY note that : "...The review investigated 36 cases of misconduct in the last four years.
In more than half, alcohol and drug use were found to be key factors

It isn’t just alcohol.

Do the NZ posters (above) support the NZRFU openess and intent?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:32 am
World XV Player

As I said this is a systematic demonisation of anything male - and rugby in NZ is the last bastion of maleness. Spend any amount of time (and I spent far to much) at a university and you'll hear the disdain for players and fans of the sport.

A vocal minority are having a go at something they've never liked and never will like and forcing the NZRU to run these ridiculous investigations. It's just more PC bullshit.

Was ASmith charged with anything? Did Jerome Kaino break the law? Was the random bus driver (not at all connected to the Chiefs) that allegedly groped a stripper in court answering a charge? No, no, and no. But that doesn't get clicks.

A rugby player bashes someone up - I totally support them investigating that thoroughly. I've said it many times here.

A rugby player cheats on his wife - not my business and not something the rugby union should have any say in.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 am
British & Irish Lions Player

The areas to be addressed include: 'inclusive leadership', 'developing people', 'nurturing wellbeing', 'gender equity', 'proactive engagement' and 'being accountable and independent'.

This sounds like a cross between quack therapy and University campus feminism. Look, I am all for gender equality and respect for women, but a lot of this does sound like a part-feminist, part-puritan agenda to demonise masculinity and fun.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Justic wrote:

Justic, opposite!

Read my post ...I applaud the action, ... such behaviour should be better controlled.

Modern pro rugby needs a better professional image, these guys earn big money and have a huge public image and a brand responsibility.

“NZR chief executive Steve Tew said "the integrity, reputation, and ultimate success of the game in New Zealand" depended on the recommendations being successfully adopted

PS 4MY note that : "...The review investigated 36 cases of misconduct in the last four years.

It isn’t just alcohol.

:D "I applaud the action.......". Hahaha. Title = NZR under scrutiny. First post - naughty naughty........

Tel, just admit you love posting anti NZ anything, then getting into fights with the Kiwis here. It's not a bad thing, just gets tiresome reading your, "oh but I have so much respect for NZ" *b@ll@cks*.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Justic wrote:

Justic, opposite!

It isn’t just alcohol.

:D "I applaud the action.......". Hahaha. Title = NZR under scrutiny. First post - naughty naughty........

Tel, just admit you love posting anti NZ anything, then getting into fights with the Kiwis here. It's not a bad thing, just gets tiresome reading your, "oh but I have so much respect for NZ" *b@ll@cks*.

I do have respect for NZ rugby and, specifically, in this instance.

The game has moved on from the amateur era ...good and bad.

The game is now Pro and the players are earning significant salaries and the media popularity and scope is so much greater.

The game and the unions and players have an increased responsibility to the public and their sponsors.

NZ rugby recognised that and have had the balls to go public on the need to clean up the game and the behaviour in general.( NZ rugby dominates the country's sport and general persona. Incidentally that is also evident by some kiwi posters here ....drop of a hat reaction to anything perceived 'anti' and that is understandable given its priority etc)

I support the NZRFU action and from the highest level of their Union authority.

The game has too much macho in it on and off the field, it needs firm control.

Here, in France, there has recently been significant player misdemeanours and even Federation conduct concerns.

I cannot recognise that the above is picking on Kiwis and kiwi rugby :scratch:

C'est tout! That's all.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:55 am
World XV Player

How do you expect us to think that's your take on it by reading your title and first post? :scratch: Maybe you need to think about how you start threads bro, cause it's not a coincidence that the kiwis all think the same about your posting style.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:39 am
World XV Player

Mods, I have sinned again.

I have pricked the Kiwi clientele sensitivity again.

I will go immediately into Room #3 and write my hundred lines :
(it was room #3 at school where we spent detention ...the theme tune was :

I see the moon,
the moon sees me
doing detention
in room #3
) ::

I must be more sensitive to our kiwi members because it can become a ticklish situation.

On exit I will get on with a less myopic life or what's left of it :D

It will also avoid yet another posting 'feuileton' ...

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 am
World XV Player

They can't handle it, but their sense of community is good, LE.

An example to us all.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 am