It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5925
Location: Pretoria
Post Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
Francois Pienaar's side won the first S10 title against a nz side although it was scrapped from the record books
Jaco Kriel's side hadn't win anything ... as yet
Francois Pienaar nr.6
Jaco Kriel nr.6
'93 Lock Labuschagne a late inclusion
2017 Lock Mostert in doubt his brother critical in a coma
'93 a year after Tvl Lions were allowed to play international rugby after ban
2017 a year after Lions were allowed to play for Springboks after banned from selection
'93 some duals nr2 Uli Schmidt vs. Sean Fitzpatrick
2017 nr2 Malcolm Marx vs. Codie Taylor
'93 Ellispark fullhouse
2016 another Ellispark fullhouse
'93 record scrapped politics
2017 Lions were earmarked to be sacked politics
'93 coach Kitch Christie took 'em from nowhere to a final
2017 coach Ackerman took 'em from dumps to a final

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 6068
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
The word 'tenuous' comes to mind...

_________________
Burpity burp burp


Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:12 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5925
Location: Pretoria
Post 
the game changed a helluva lot but some more
'93 Lotter nr8 was a 7 flanker made shift nr8
2017' Ruan Ackerman nr8 in place of Warren Whiteley is a grunt 7 flanker
(In sa openfield is a 6; whereas in nz a 7)
'93 capt Francois Pienaar played his schoolrugby in Pumas
2017 Jaco Kriel schoolsrugby at Steval Pumas
'93 Japie Mulder at centre the Lomu showstopper in '95 WC final
2027 Harold Vorster in 2015 watched him stop Folau and the Aussie final backline of 2015 Lions vs Tahs with great tackling
'93 Wiese an over 120 kgs lock
2017 Andries Ferreira 120 kgs plus burly
'93 Hannes Strydom hijacked left for dead few yrs on
2017 RjvR hijacked
'93 Tvl Lions amateur era only 2 coaches. Kitch and his assistant
2017 Lions since readmission tight budget only 2 coaches Ackers and his assistant Swys a lookalike of the '93 assistant Swys
can't help to think...the rugby ghosts @ Ellispark that sent shivers down
my spine cooked up a mean plan, plan a cometogether part. Wait and see if it work....

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:55 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm
Posts: 1642
Location: Stockholm
Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
the game changed a helluva lot but some more
'93 Lotter nr8 was a 7 flanker made shift nr8
2017' Ruan Ackerman nr8 in place of Warren Whiteley is a grunt 7 flanker
(In sa openfield is a 6; whereas in nz a 7)
'93 capt Francois Pienaar played his schoolrugby in Pumas
2017 Jaco Kriel schoolsrugby at Steval Pumas
'93 Japie Mulder at centre the Lomu showstopper in '95 WC final
2027 Harold Vorster in 2015 watched him stop Folau and the Aussie final backline of 2015 Lions vs Tahs with great tackling
'93 Wiese an over 120 kgs lock
2017 Andries Ferreira 120 kgs plus burly
'93 Hannes Strydom hijacked left for dead few yrs on
2017 RjvR hijacked
'93 Tvl Lions amateur era only 2 coaches. Kitch and his assistant
2017 Lions since readmission tight budget only 2 coaches Ackers and his assistant Swys a lookalike of the '93 assistant Swys
can't help to think...the rugby ghosts @ Ellispark that sent shivers down
my spine cooked up a mean plan, plan a cometogether part. Wait and see if it work....


Can't argue with this, my pound is going on the Lions.


Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5925
Location: Pretoria
Post 
hope you haven't lost a lot of money :(

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:01 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Boksburg
Post Re:
[quote="Bokbefok"]hope you haven't lost a lot of money

they shouldn't red card an accidental infringement

_________________
I made Boksburg famous


Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:35 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 6068
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
Until the rules are changed, players have to be more careful.

_________________
Burpity burp burp


Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm
Posts: 1642
Location: Stockholm
Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
hope you haven't lost a lot of money :(

No risk mate, I am not any kind of high roller.
And without the red card i think you would have been right!


Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10003
Post Re: Re:
Vernon wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
hope you haven't lost a lot of money

they shouldn't red card an accidental infringement


He didn't jump for the ball, he grabbed a guy in the air, the guy landed on his head/neck in a very dangerous position. There was nothing accidental about it.

It was either pisspoor technique or blatant foul play. He was never making an attempt to catch the ball.


Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: Re:
Four More Years wrote:
Vernon wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
hope you haven't lost a lot of money

they shouldn't red card an accidental infringement


He didn't jump for the ball, he grabbed a guy in the air, the guy landed on his head/neck in a very dangerous position. There was nothing accidental about it.

It was either pisspoor technique or blatant foul play. He was never making an attempt to catch the ball.

I think it's somewhere halfway, not foul play but dangerous play.
A red in 2017, but I'd like to think it's worth a yellow. Understand the 2017 rules are very strict. These type of decisions e.g. Kaino yellow, BB yellow last week, this call. For my personal threshold are not cards, maybe a yellow for this last night. But others are diff. I actually agree with SBWs one, but would still be happy with a yellow.

All opinions though and people have changed their rulings on account of danger to players so fair enough.

Nonu, Thorn, Jerry Collins etc would have been carded so many more times.

NRL grand final or state of origin final wouldn't have wrecked a game because of that. Opinions. Like SBWs tackle it would have been cited.

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15235
Location: Japan
Post Re: Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
:shock: I'm amazed you think that was a yellow mate, it was both careless and dangerous, players can't injure someone and then just say it was an accident, they have to make sure they don't put themselves into that position. Agree about other cards being a bit ott. SBW deserved a red though, another brain fart.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:38 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
loosechange wrote:
:shock: I'm amazed you think that was a yellow mate, it was both careless and dangerous, players can't injure someone and then just say it was an accident, they have to make sure they don't put themselves into that position. Agree about other cards being a bit ott. SBW deserved a red though, another brain fart.

No 2017 deft a red, only fair, and SBWs.
Careless dangerous personally, I'd go a yellow
SBWs gees it was both but also could have been seen as intentional

Imo, the cards over use are ruining the games
Recently, Lions series, super rugby, (post lions) Barrett, the final

I'd much prefer a more NRL look at the cards where games aren't just, ruined because of the cards. Maybe somewhere in between.

I've seen some shockers in the air intentional stuff. I don't think this was one. Saying that consistency 2017 it was a red.

A fatal error. But I still think the modern. day card system is ruining rugby. Opinion tho

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
I like the examples at the end, this could be old, but the last two are good, I would have thought a yellow, but it is close


_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15235
Location: Japan
Post Re: Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
:shock: I'm amazed you think that was a yellow mate, it was both careless and dangerous, players can't injure someone and then just say it was an accident, they have to make sure they don't put themselves into that position. Agree about other cards being a bit ott. SBW deserved a red though, another brain fart.

No 2017 deft a red, only fair, and SBWs.
Careless dangerous personally, I'd go a yellow
SBWs gees it was both but also could have been seen as intentional

Imo, the cards over use are ruining the games
Recently, Lions series, super rugby, (post lions) Barrett, the final

I'd much prefer a more NRL look at the cards where games aren't just, ruined because of the cards. Maybe somewhere in between.

I've seen some shockers in the air intentional stuff. I don't think this was one. Saying that consistency 2017 it was a red.

A fatal error. But I still think the modern. day card system is ruining rugby. Opinion tho

The big problem with relaxing the use of cards is cynical pens(like BBs). He has a history of knocking the ball down. The thing about rugby is so many calls are down to the refs interpretation. Players and especially fans have to keep reminding themselves of that.
High balls are a minefield. As long as you are watching the ball and jump, you should be fine. If you don't jump you're setting yourself up for all sorts of trouble, hence Kwagga(what a name! :D ) getting done. If Havili landed safer it might've been a yellow, but he landed on his melon, so there wasn't really any choice.
I agree with you though, cards are ruining the game. As SH said, the rule book needs shortening.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:48 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 10003
Post Re: Francois Pienaar's 93 Tvl Lions and class of 2017 similariti
The high ball thing is *b@ll@cks* atm to be fair. We are getting to a stage where it's whoever jumps first wins a penalty. It could send us back to the constant up and under days, and that would be shit.

Even when we have two people both eyes on the ball, jumping, and competing for the catch it's like the penalty goes in favour of who lands the worst. Poor laws.


Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:42 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: