It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
not named yet but these guys minus Saders are at training squad 2 day camp

Quote:
All Blacks squad for two-day camp:
Forwards
Hookers: Dane Coles, Nathan Harris
Props: Props: Kane Hames, Nepo Laulala, Atu Moli, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen and Ofa Tu'ungafasi.
Locks: Dominic Bird, Tom Franklin, Brodie Retallick and Patrick Tuipulotu.
Loose forwards: Sam Cane, Vaea Fifita, Akira Ioane, Jerome Kaino, Ardie Savea and Liam Squire
Backs
Halfbacks: Tawera Kerr-Barlow, TJ Perenara and Aaron Smith.
First five-eighths: Beauden Barrett, Damian McKenzie and Lima Sopoaga.
Midfielders: Richard Buckman, Ngani Laumape, Anton Lienert-Brown, Charlie Ngatai, Sonny Bill Williams
Outside backs: Jordie Barrett, Rieko Ioane, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Waisake Naholo, Julian Savea, Ben Smith.


Highlighted who I thought interesting inclusion or positioning, 34 above with at least 10 saders so some wont make cut
Atu Moli interesting, I'm not enjoying Laulala or Haynes atm post Faumuina and Crockett is crucial, so good seeing some fresh blood, I like the saders reserve prop
Will be interesting who makes the final cut

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15160
Location: Japan
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
It's mad that JB wasn't even considered an AB 6 months ago, is now a regular. :D

Looking forward to seeing who makes it. :occasion5:

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:56 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44111
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
loosechange wrote:
It's mad that JB wasn't even considered an AB 6 months ago, is now a regular. :D

Looking forward to seeing who makes it. :occasion5:


The Lions sorted out some selection difficulties?


Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:08 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
In some ways it did Bouch most props and locks in NZ played the Lions
The AB'S dominated just at times, the reserve Highlander's scrum, and at times Hurricanes scrum, but we were shown a little for our class back ups.

Props a bit of a worry but we have 2 years to sort out back ups for Franks and Moody
And as shown in Ireland loss if Retallic or Whitelock go down there is a considerable gap

Tuipolotu has dominated off the bench but that form was 1 or two years back, he's still young so I hope he gets it back. All money here has gone on Barrett 3 for lock but he was pretty invisible with Lions.

We have depth in loosie and hooker, but outside our class starting 5 we have some worry atm. But two years to try and get them up to it.

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:46 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm
Posts: 1625
Location: Stockholm
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
Wouldn't it be the squad for the Rugby Championship rather than the AIs? You have to play Australia in 2 weeks from now.


Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
Stockholm Blue wrote:
Wouldn't it be the squad for the Rugby Championship rather than the AIs? You have to play Australia in 2 weeks from now.
Yep Blue was too late to change once I saw my mistake :D, starting to think about the AIs already

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:34 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
There seems to be a hell of a lot of good backrowers in NZ at the moment, One of the most consistent 6's I seen this year is Brad Shields and he doesn't even get a sniff

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
Big And Dull wrote:
There seems to be a hell of a lot of good backrowers in NZ at the moment, One of the most consistent 6's I seen this year is Brad Shields and he doesn't even get a sniff

Interesting a lot people here say that too
Maybe he lacks a bit of mongrel, possibly size?
1) Kaino
2) Squire from Highlander's, been injured a lot, couple centrmetres taller and maybe a kg or 2 bigger. But hasn't really taken the International world by storm.
3) Ardie Savea plays 6, 7, 8
4) now Fafita from Hurricanes seems like he has taken over too
5) Luke Whitelock now

Presence maybe?, I did think against the BI Lions Fafita looked more "die for the cause" but maybe not, just what I thought.

But he has been consistent

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
Forrealz wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
There seems to be a hell of a lot of good backrowers in NZ at the moment, One of the most consistent 6's I seen this year is Brad Shields and he doesn't even get a sniff

Interesting a lot people here say that too
Maybe he lacks a bit of mongrel, possibly size?
1) Kaino
2) Squire from Highlander's, been injured a lot, couple centrmetres taller and maybe a kg or 2 bigger. But hasn't really taken the International world by storm.
3) Ardie Savea plays 6, 7, 8
4) now Fafita from Hurricanes seems like he has taken over too
5) Luke Whitelock now

Presence maybe?, I did think against the BI Lions Fafita looked more "die for the cause" but maybe not, just what I thought.

But he has been consistent

I think there are better players than him and I've really only seen him this season but if the was an award for "Mr Consistency" he would win it hands down and seeing as he is uncapped hasn't he got a Welsh gran or something? :pirate: :pirate:

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
Big And Dull wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
There seems to be a hell of a lot of good backrowers in NZ at the moment, One of the most consistent 6's I seen this year is Brad Shields and he doesn't even get a sniff

Interesting a lot people here say that too
Maybe he lacks a bit of mongrel, possibly size?
1) Kaino
2) Squire from Highlander's, been injured a lot, couple centrmetres taller and maybe a kg or 2 bigger. But hasn't really taken the International world by storm.
3) Ardie Savea plays 6, 7, 8
4) now Fafita from Hurricanes seems like he has taken over too
5) Luke Whitelock now

Presence maybe?, I did think against the BI Lions Fafita looked more "die for the cause" but maybe not, just what I thought.

But he has been consistent

I think there are better players than him and I've really only seen him this season but if the was an award for "Mr Consistency" he would win it hands down and seeing as he is uncapped hasn't he got a Welsh gran or something? :pirate: :pirate:
no but he's young and uncapped :thumbup: lol, 26 anyways

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15160
Location: Japan
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
Quote:
FORWARDS

Hookers
Dane Coles (Wellington/Hurricanes, 49)
Nathan Harris (Bay of Plenty/Chiefs)
Codie Taylor (Canterbury/Crusaders, 19)

Props
Wyatt Crockett (Canterbury/Crusaders, 62)
Owen Franks (Canterbury/Crusaders, 94)
Nepo Laulala (Counties Manukau/Chiefs, 4)
Joe Moody (Canterbury/Crusaders, 28)
Ofa Tu'ungafasi (Auckland/Blues, 4)

Locks
Scott Barrett (Taranaki/Crusaders)
Brodie Retallick (Hawke's Bay/Chiefs, 64)
Luke Romano (Canterbury/Crusaders, 26)
Samuel Whitelock (Canterbury/Crusaders, 88)

Loose forwards
Sam Cane (Bay of Plenty/Chiefs, 44)
Vaea Fifita (Wellington/Hurricanes, 1)
Jerome Kaino (Auckland/Blues, 74)
Kieran Read, captain (Counties Manukau/ Crusaders, 100)
Ardie Savea (Wellington/Hurricanes, 16)
Liam Squire (Tasman/Highlanders)

BACKS
Halfbacks

Tawera Kerr-Barlow (Waikato/Chiefs, 25)
TJ Perenara (Wellington/Hurricanes, 33)
Aaron Smith (Manawatu/Highlanders, 62)

First five-eighths
Beauden Barrett (Taranaki/Hurricanes, 53)
Lima Sopoaga (Southland/Highlanders, 7)

Midfielders
Ryan Crotty (Canterbury/Crusaders, 27)
Ngani Laumape (Manawatu/Hurricanes, 2)
Anton Lienert-Brown (Waikato/Chiefs, 13)
Sonny Bill Williams (Counties Manukau/Blues, 36)

Outside backs
Jordie Barrett (Taranaki/Hurricanes, 2)
Israel Dagg (Hawke's Bay/Crusaders, 65)
Rieko Ioane (Auckland/Blues, 4)
Nehe Milner-Skudder (Manawatu/Hurricanes)
Waisake Naholo (Taranaki/Highlanders, 13)
Ben Smith (Otago/Highlanders, 62)

Utility back / Replacement
Damian McKenzie (Waikato/Chiefs, 2)
NB Damian McKenzie has been named as a replacement for All Blacks Vice-Captain Ben Smith, who will take an extended break from the game following the first two Bledisloe Cup matches

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:33 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15160
Location: Japan
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
No bus, a good decision based on his form.
No Matt Todd. :shock:

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:34 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
loosechange wrote:
No bus, a good decision based on his form.
No Matt Todd. :shock:

NMS back

Looks like they like the Fifita that covers backrow lock, not Todd, I spose we have 2 specialist 7's

Makes hard getting in except injury

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: All Blacks 37 man squad, AI's 2017
Thought unlucky
Pulu halfback
Tamanivalu
Mounga
Possibly Todd, Shields

I recon it's about as good as we get, they percivere with Ofa

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:20 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: