It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Final Lions vrs Crusaders 
World XV Player

Post Re: Final Lions vrs Crusaders
Not sure what your issue is with this. My wife arranged a trip to Taupo. She didn't do a lot but our kids messed around on the slopes a bit. They won't get to do it next year since there'll be a baby around.

Is that really such a weird concept to you? Lpads of people in the north island in nz take weekends away at Whakapapa.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:28 am
World XV Player

Haven't read all comments yet.

I hate these nes rules, yellows and reds given so much easier, it wrecks big games

Saying that's the way it goes it deserved a red in 2017.

Crusaders were or had run outta puff, so in the end a bit lucky maybe. The Lions 7 will be gutted.

Hard luck guys, tough one to lose

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:47 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

I hate these nes rules, yellows and reds given so much easier, it wrecks big games

Crusaders were or had run outta puff, so in the end a bit lucky maybe. The Lions 7 will be gutted.

:thumbright:

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:52 am
World XV Player

Lions played well I felt for them and couldn't jump and holler for Crusaders, maybe because they weren't my team and the red that just stuffed the game. Robertson and his boys. Did well.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:52 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Crusaders lineouts were better. Lions 7 got penalties against them in the scrums that Crusaders slotted and Lions had a 3 pts penalty but rather opted for the line maybe missed Warren Whiteley's (injured) calm captaincy
Crusades defense held on wave after wave Lions attack last 25

Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:01 am
World XV Player

It's funny reading the comments here.

A while back a team called the Lions played NZ in NZ. In the second test a home team player committed a foul and was set off. It was a fair call and he could've really hurt the player. The home team went on to lose that game by a small margin. Since then people have called the home team chokers for losing since everything was stacked in their favour.

Last night a NZ team played a team called the Lions at their home ground. In that match a home team player committed a foul and was sent off. It was a fair call and he could've really hurt the player. The home team went on to lose that game by a small margin. Since then people have decried the red card and commented about how unlucky the home team despite the fact that everything was stacked in their favour.

How odd.

The Lions choked. SANZAAR built a competition around getting a SA team a home final. Last year they choked in Argentina then lost the final in NZ. This year they had a red carpet ride right through the season avoiding all NZ teams until the finals - then they choked in the big game. Kwagga couldn't handle the pressure and did something very stupid - typical choke. Let's call a spade, a spade. In any decent competition the Lions wouldn't have made the finals, or at the very least it wouldn't have been in their back yard.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:29 am
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
can't see why some posters said 'thats game...after the ref
I think the Lions did rather well and scored 14 points aftet that
sorry for Kwagga though it wasn't an intent to injure but...Rules are Rules!

The lions were awesome mate! Still, the red pretty much ended the game. Playing a side like the saders, it was almost impossible to win the game. Not impossible, but not far off.

You should be very proud of the lions, hopefully their style of play rubs off on the national side. :thumbright:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 am
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:

It was a red all day every day, new rules or 5 years ago. It was an incredibly big brain fart followed by a hip to the face.

Saders defended so well, Lions ended so well. Was a good game.

Stoked for Robertson, his dancing at the end was classic.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:42 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

It was a red all day every day, new rules or 5 years ago. It was an incredibly big brain fart followed by a hip to the face.

I doubt it would be a red card 5 years ago, an attack at a player in the air maybe, all I'm saying is the yellows and reds now a days are too easily given. Watching test 3 Lions, at a pub with many U.K. People are yelling as much for cards now a days.
Lote Tikiri (scuse spelling) e.g.

He stuffed up in 2017, just touching the head almost it's a yellow or red, it's too easy now wrecking a games imo.

I think differently about the yellows and reds than most here. Don't like the falling runner dropping runner into a high tackle. Reds to me should be intentional, SBWs to me was intentional, everyone will call it diff. For 2017 rules or modern rules red all day. 5 years ago plus na I recon.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:30 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

I doubt it would be a red card 5 years ago, an attack at a player in the air maybe, all I'm saying is the yellows and reds now a days are too easily given. Watching test 3 Lions, at a pub with many U.K. People are yelling as much for cards now a days.

He stuffed up in 2017, just touching the head almost it's a yellow or red, it's too easy now wrecking a games imo.

I think differently about the yellows and reds than most here. Don't like the falling runner dropping runner into a high tackle. Reds to me should be intentional, SBWs to me was intentional, everyone will call it diff. For 2017 rules or modern rules red all day. 5 years ago plus na I recon.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Referees, eh?

Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:50 am
World XV Player

agree Forrealz rulemakers should try for even contests with so many stakeholders involved as in NRL. Red card make it a 10 min as yellow but then the red card player cannot return to field but a substitute can come on in his place
something in that direction to eradicate uneven contests

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:01 am
World XV Player

Saying that, in today's rules that was a red, dangerous but not foul play.

So a big stuff up, let down of team, like SBWs did.

I think with the cards they won't go backwards but if others jump on the pressure, it may stop the cards now becoming overly used and significant.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:13 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I've been saying it for years that red cards spoil games. The problem is you won't get much buy in from the NH people here. Look at how many "thug" comments were thrown around during the Lions series directed at AB and other NZ players. There are really very few idiot thugs in the game at high levels, but it seemed like every time there was any kind of hard tackle or minor flare up between the players it was because of a thug. So many of the NH guys love the cards, love the drama is creates - I blame it on their football upbringing.

They didn't love that Sam Warburton red though did they? Didn't hear any thug comments after that one...how strange.

Like BBF says. A red should remove a player from the game, but let him be replaced after 10 mins. Then have a mandatory stand down for x matches after that (we'll need to fix those ban avoidance loopholes first though). Not only is 15 v 14 a poor spectacle in a lot of situations, it can be dangerous for forwards.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:24 am
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

I agree about too many cards given nowadays. It's getting a bit silly but I guess the powers that be are trying to protect players from injury, which isn't a bad thing.
I think it would've been red 5 years ago. Warburtons red in the semi was 7 years ago??? It was a stupid thing to do and the way Havili landed, red all day, was soooo stupid.

So many calls now a days would've been 50/50 10 years ago.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next