It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Back to finals Super rugby, no moaning 
World XV Player

Post Back to finals Super rugby, no moaning
Got to love back to Super no winging about every single face tap slap etc thank god that was a long tour of all that rubbish, go the Canes

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Back to finals Super rugby, no moaning
*fupp* we missed Coles and Ben Smith in the Lions series, shame you guys didn't get to see them, they good

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Both of them are top class indeed.
Well, I'm just hoping the Lions win... I'll happily live vicariously through the success of my rugby neighbours :D

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:05 pm
World XV Player

If Lions beat Hurricanes and beat the Crusaders or Highlander's :thumbright: , I won't say they are undeserved, can't wait now.
Good finals series even though I moan

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Canes played well enough to win, but against a decent team they'd be in trouble. Thought the yellow card was a bit bizarre but that's the way the sport is going I guess.
The bus was a bit invisible.
JB did alright in the midfield.
Perenara played well.
The 2 locks are good!
Nehe ran into a few big hits, surprised he got up a couple of times tbh, being broken more often than not and all.

Bring on the other 3 1/4s! :occasion5:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:06 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Canes played well enough to win, but against a decent team they'd be in trouble. Thought the yellow card was a bit bizarre but that's the way the sport is going I guess.
Perenara played well.
The 2 locks are good!
Nehe ran into a few big hits, surprised he got up a couple of times tbh, being broken more often than not and all.

Glen Jackson had a really poor game. I wonder sometimes if he is so worried about being NZ biased that he goes the other way. The funniest part as that yellow for accidental contact with the head. In the very same replay Ardie runs a ball back, lowers his head and gets hit around the head by the Brumbies guy - in the same replay. Not even mentioned. He missed so much both ways, one of the worst displays I've ever seen from him. FFS SANAAR - neutral refs please.

Jules is too fat. He needs to get lean like his brother. Ardie is wrecking shit these days, he's such a good runner.

Gotta agree on those locks. They are getting better and better. And yeah I saw those hitups NMS did - I expected him to stay down too!

How good did Coles look gees... The runs he makes like a centre, his lineout throws are brilliant. Our minor lineout hassles vs the Lions were all down to Taylor throwing too low, look at the height Coles gets. Damn we miss that guy. I hope he keeps playing until that bloody great u20 hooker prospect kicks on because everyone else looks ordinary.

They are saying the Highlanders might not be able to get to Chch today for the game. All of the roads north are closed with state of emergencies. Huge slips and flood everywhere. If they were going to drive they would need to have left by now and they haven't. No planes leaving Dunedin because of winds. This 1/4 might be forfeit. That'd be shit. :thumbdown:

Scratch that! They got a charter flight and it just left Dunedin!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Perenara played well.
The 2 locks are good!

Glen Jackson had a really poor game. I wonder sometimes if he is so worried about being NZ biased that he goes the other way. The funniest part as that yellow for accidental contact with the head. In the very same replay Ardie runs a ball back, lowers his head and gets hit around the head by the Brumbies guy - in the same replay. Not even mentioned. He missed so much both ways, one of the worst displays I've ever seen from him. FFS SANAAR - neutral refs please.

Jules is too fat. He needs to get lean like his brother. Ardie is wrecking shit these days, he's such a good runner.

Gotta agree on those locks. They are getting better and better. And yeah I saw those hitups NMS did - I expected him to stay down too!

How good did Coles look gees... The runs he makes like a centre, his lineout throws are brilliant. Our minor lineout hassles vs the Lions were all down to Taylor throwing too low, look at the height Coles gets. Damn we miss that guy. I hope he keeps playing until that bloody great u20 hooker prospect kicks on because everyone else looks ordinary.

They are saying the Highlanders might not be able to get to Chch today for the game. All of the roads north are closed with state of emergencies. Huge slips and flood everywhere. If they were going to drive they would need to have left by now and they haven't. No planes leaving Dunedin because of winds. This 1/4 might be forfeit. That'd be shit. :thumbdown:

Scratch that! They got a charter flight and it just left Dunedin!

I thought Jackson had a mare as well but didn't mention it, tbf he was consistently rubbish. After the yellow, I watched to see if head contact was common, I saw so much contact with the head in tackles, it's just rugby. :scratch: Weird.
The Barrett pass went back, and the look on all the players faces said it all, no one got lippy so that's probably a bonus for the canes coach.
Totally forgot about Coles! The guy is a freak. 4 months out, then to come on and set up the Perenara try like he did. Hope he's over his head problems, he's world class. Ricatelli is a very good player as well, his throwing has been pretty good all season, his throw for the first try was money. If Coles comes good, Ricatelli might want to go to another franchise to boost his chances of higher honors. Maybe it's my canes bias but I think he's a bloody good player.

I hope the weather isn't so bad that the saders landers game is a mess, they've had 2 cracking games this season. Dont really mind who wins it, as long as it's a goody. :occasion5:

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:48 am
World XV Player

If Lions beat Hurricanes and beat the Crusaders or Highlander's :thumbright: , I won't say they are undeserved, can't wait now.
Good finals series even though I moan
:thumbright:

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:48 am
World XV Player

Squire you idiot. 10 in the silly chair.

Been alright so far this game.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:46 am
World XV Player

Well done Chiefs

Lions Hurricanes

Crusaders Chiefs

Prob top 4 teams so good

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Two things for me have stood out.

1. Not having neutral refs/touchies/tmos for the finals series is absolutely ridiculous. Whether there are shenanigans going on or not it invites the speculation that officials are biased.

2. The ref is no longer the person who makes the big decisions in a game. When a ref looks at the same video as the TMO and decides one thing, yet the TMO overrules him then there is a problem. Our best official isn't making the decision. This seems to contravene:

From World Rugby Laws
• The TMO is a tool to help referees and assistant referees. The referee should not be subservient to the system.

The most important calls are now being made by the local TV production crew who will replay to the home team's advantage, and the TMO. It happens everywhere, and it's crap. The only ref I've seen stand up to this BS is Owens.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:09 am
World XV Player

First time at a pub for year watching a game, Lions. The crowed was totally different, a lot of focus on the refs and TMO calls. Especially for marginal calls as if it was part of the game to shout at the screen, ref foul play, then applaud the yellow or penalty. It may have been because I was in a pub with many GB Irish and Kiwis.But it seemed quite different.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:37 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Canes Brumbies game was probably the best
close the Chiefs Stormers
Crusaders game a waterpolo game in all the rain
Lions the pressure kick that was a long way out Ruan Combrinck what a monster kick for the win. Not a good game though with Lions more into play the second half

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:53 am
World XV Player

Try not to mention the refs too much, but should be neutral, could have just swapped Jackson and the SA ref around, all good I spose. Does give home teams (reffing) advantage though imo.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Neutral refs a must agree. Not that I think they will influence. Should be a Rule

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:16 am