It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 5748
Location: Pretoria
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
"World Rugby vice chairman Agustin Pichot recently made a case for Japan's inclusion in the Rugby Championship. Hansen was not so keen on the idea of adding more fixtures and travel.
"Not at this stage, no."
:shock:
Is he the guy that has the calls? on whos in whos out? S18 and RCs ?

_________________
Have the Chinese ever won a rugby test?


Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 9640
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Bokbefok wrote:
"World Rugby vice chairman Agustin Pichot recently made a case for Japan's inclusion in the Rugby Championship. Hansen was not so keen on the idea of adding more fixtures and travel.
"Not at this stage, no."
:shock:
Is he the guy that has the calls? on whos in whos out? S18 and RCs ?


I consider Pichot a breath of fresh air, he's the VP who recognised the World Rugby/IRB lethargy over the w/wide table and picked it up again with a firmer promise to do something about it.

He's less a a bloody Blazer than the rest of 'em in my opinion.

Bloody good 9 in his day too and carried/promoted Arg to a higher status on the field ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4006
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Bok and Tel

Apologies bok, I have my kiwi blinkers on

We do need to possibly take the bull by the horns here:
1/ SA politics and watering down of their teams through overseas players and other comps, also with their being too many SA teams, that have made the SA standard in Super rugby weaker than what it was. SA. have done OK in this comp, but suited 3 teams possibly 4 with all players availiable. Even with all players availiable they have not dominated the comp. I'm saying this because they have been calling the shots, and it's imo, lead us to this mess we are in.
2/ The trio nations at their peak was the top three teams in the world playing, we are now far from that. NZ is still top, but SA and Aussie are behind not just us, but possibly the pack.

For our own sake, I think NZ and Aussie with Japan and The Islands do our Super thing, possibly with Argentina if they want. We pull the trio nations as who ever is running rugby there wants us and NH and and and, when they can't find enough caliber players already.
The trip nations has been great but has it run its cycle. SA has not out grown it, but maybe wandered off the track. Maybe SA public want SA to be in a comp, they can dominate, and it won't happen in our one for a while at least.

I think for our selves we do need to call the shots for us for a while....

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Bokbefok wrote:
"World Rugby vice chairman Agustin Pichot recently made a case for Japan's inclusion in the Rugby Championship. Hansen was not so keen on the idea of adding more fixtures and travel.
"Not at this stage, no."
:shock:
Is he the guy that has the calls? on whos in whos out? S18 and RCs ?

Hansen was asked so he gave his opinion. FFS you think everything is a conspiracy.


Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 14907
Location: Japan
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Four More Years wrote:
Doesn't work.

Bans applied solely to international rugby are overly harsh on lower tier rugby players. Although longer bans (4+weeks) may only be a small part of the season for a tier 1 player they can sometimes be a year or more for nations that play less international rugby. A 6 week ban could end a career quite easily.

I don't like the ban avoidance at all, but the problem is a lot more complicated than it first appears. There isn't an easy fix for it.

There could be a tier system, or maybe a % of international games per season. Samoa plays 4 games, player is banned for 25% of the international season. That'd be what, 3 games for an AB?
I guess for it to work now, and in the future, we'd need consistent citings...... :D No chance.
Bans shouldn't be scrapped imho, just the judiciary shouldn't be so inept.
If a player got a 6 week ban, it'd have to be pretty serious, and therefore I couldn't care much about their international career tbh. Don't do silly shit. Eye gouging cnuts should be banned for 100% of international games for 3 years, that'll soon put an end to that shit.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 14907
Location: Japan
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Bokbefok wrote:
"World Rugby vice chairman Agustin Pichot recently made a case for Japan's inclusion in the Rugby Championship. Hansen was not so keen on the idea of adding more fixtures and travel.
"Not at this stage, no."
:shock:
Is he the guy that has the calls? on whos in whos out? S18 and RCs ?

:D Salty tears.......nom nom.

SH now gets shot for answering a question honestly. :D

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:01 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Doesn't work.

Bans applied solely to international rugby are overly harsh on lower tier rugby players. Although longer bans (4+weeks) may only be a small part of the season for a tier 1 player they can sometimes be a year or more for nations that play less international rugby. A 6 week ban could end a career quite easily.

I don't like the ban avoidance at all, but the problem is a lot more complicated than it first appears. There isn't an easy fix for it.

There could be a tier system, or maybe a % of international games per season. Samoa plays 4 games, player is banned for 25% of the international season. That'd be what, 3 games for an AB?
I guess for it to work now, and in the future, we'd need consistent citings...... :D No chance.
Bans shouldn't be scrapped imho, just the judiciary shouldn't be so inept.
If a player got a 6 week ban, it'd have to be pretty serious, and therefore I couldn't care much about their international career tbh. Don't do silly shit. Eye gouging cnuts should be banned for 100% of international games for 3 years, that'll soon put an end to that shit.


A % of the season could be a good idea actually.

As far as your second point about players doing silly shit I get what you mean but I reckon it's a bit harsh. If we look at something like a gouge in isolation it's awful and the guy should go to court. But it doesn't happen in isolation. In normal life people aren't running into you, kicking you, tackling you to the ground, smashing you as hard as they can. We shouldn't consider ourselves any more special than an animal, we're just smarter apes prone to overreaction when put under duress. Put 30 dogs together in a confined space and one dog is going to bite another one. What makes humans so special?

I'm usually the harsh one on these boards, but in this instance I'd hate to see a player lose his career and potentially his ability to support his family for acting like the animal he is. If it's a repeated thing, then sure - he's proven he can't be trusted to control himself in the pressure situations.


Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 14907
Location: Japan
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Four More Years wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Doesn't work.

Bans applied solely to international rugby are overly harsh on lower tier rugby players. Although longer bans (4+weeks) may only be a small part of the season for a tier 1 player they can sometimes be a year or more for nations that play less international rugby. A 6 week ban could end a career quite easily.

I don't like the ban avoidance at all, but the problem is a lot more complicated than it first appears. There isn't an easy fix for it.

There could be a tier system, or maybe a % of international games per season. Samoa plays 4 games, player is banned for 25% of the international season. That'd be what, 3 games for an AB?
I guess for it to work now, and in the future, we'd need consistent citings...... :D No chance.
Bans shouldn't be scrapped imho, just the judiciary shouldn't be so inept.
If a player got a 6 week ban, it'd have to be pretty serious, and therefore I couldn't care much about their international career tbh. Don't do silly shit. Eye gouging cnuts should be banned for 100% of international games for 3 years, that'll soon put an end to that shit.


A % of the season could be a good idea actually.

As far as your second point about players doing silly shit I get what you mean but I reckon it's a bit harsh. If we look at something like a gouge in isolation it's awful and the guy should go to court. But it doesn't happen in isolation. In normal life people aren't running into you, kicking you, tackling you to the ground, smashing you as hard as they can. We shouldn't consider ourselves any more special than an animal, we're just smarter apes prone to overreaction when put under duress. Put 30 dogs together in a confined space and one dog is going to bite another one. What makes humans so special?

I'm usually the harsh one on these boards, but in this instance I'd hate to see a player lose his career and potentially his ability to support his family for acting like the animal he is. If it's a repeated thing, then sure - he's proven he can't be trusted to control himself in the pressure situations.

Interesting. Yeah, I guess a first offense should be handled lightly, second and it's harsh, three strikes and *fupp* off.
Brain farts do happen, and more often than not the offender just had the red mist and did something idiotic, which we are all guilty of.
For any consistency at all, we need a sound judicial system, something we aren't even close to having. As SH has said, everything needs to be condensed and made easier.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Heh yeah consistency. What a novel concept!

How about treating hearings like the disputes tribunal? Only the player and a support person, no lawyers allowed.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:42 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43509
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Four More Years wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Doesn't work.

Bans applied solely to international rugby are overly harsh on lower tier rugby players. Although longer bans (4+weeks) may only be a small part of the season for a tier 1 player they can sometimes be a year or more for nations that play less international rugby. A 6 week ban could end a career quite easily.

I don't like the ban avoidance at all, but the problem is a lot more complicated than it first appears. There isn't an easy fix for it.


SWB was the first All Black for 50 years to be sent off.

I think you might have missed that, byti ....

Would you like to reconsider your argument?

Anyway, time to go looking for some sun.

Bye.



Bouch, for once leave the petty bullshit out and try to discuss an actual point.

This has nothing to do with SBW and is a discussion about bans and how they are applied fairly and with the idea to minimize avoidance. I pointed out how your idea would be overly harsh on lower tier nations, I did similar to LC.

Anyone who thinks there is an easy fix that they've had sorted in their heads for years hasn't thought about the problem enough.


You claim to have thought about it?

Yeah, right.

Threads on bans are out there - all you have to do is consider what other people have been saying for decades.

Some years ago I suggested World Rugby's predecessor change the system to avoid the disgraceful leniency exhibited by some countries and organisations who had devolved power re: Citing and banning.

You might not have read it - it was a few decades back.

The present system allows for intervention by World Rugby when a decision doesn't meet their criteria. They've used that power a few times.

Hansen is clearly stirring the pot again - you might say that World Rugby should remind him of his duty to protect his players and opposition players. Well, you probably wouldn't - you want World Rugby to waste their time considering the Laws.

:scratch:


Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:29 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Bouch wrote:

You claim to have thought about it?

Yeah, right.

Threads on bans are out there - all you have to do is consider what other people have been saying for decades.

Some years ago I suggested World Rugby's predecessor change the system to avoid the disgraceful leniency exhibited by some countries and organisations who had devolved power re: Citing and banning.

You might not have read it - it was a few decades back.

The present system allows for intervention by World Rugby when a decision doesn't meet their criteria. They've used that power a few times.

Hansen is clearly stirring the pot again - you might say that World Rugby should remind him of his duty to protect his players and opposition players. Well, you probably wouldn't - you want World Rugby to waste their time considering the Laws.

:scratch:


You had one idea that you said you've had since the 70's and it's ridiculously flawed. A player banned must serve all their banned matches as internationals has so many problems with it in regard to pro rugby. Sometimes the world changes and leaves a senile old fool behind.

The people here (on this thread) have been discussing ways to fix the situation so bans can't be avoided. This is important because outside the UK it isn't a one club then country system. The UK system cannot be applied to the rest of the world and be expected to work. Having World Rugby step in to veto rulings is a ridiculous expectation. Proper, well thought out laws would solve the problem. But it isn't a simple fix.

Look, it's obvious you'll just fight me because of previous threads. That's pretty juvenile. Bringing up SBW and Hansen again in this thread just shows you don't understand the topic being discussed. Read back and look at the suggestions and back up why you think just a ban on international games is the right choice, or piss off. Other than that you're just trolling, and it's boring.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43509
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
History started recently for the Kiwi supporters when it came to Law Making. Post 1994.

The rest of us have been trying to keep rugby as safe as possible for more than a century and the TMO has been a useful improvement.

Do you actually want to change Laws rather than let the TMO do his job?


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:58 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Bouch wrote:
History started recently for the Kiwi supporters when it came to Law Making. Post 1994.

The rest of us have been trying to keep rugby as safe as possible for more than a century and the TMO has been a useful improvement.

Do you actually want to change Laws rather than let the TMO do his job?


Once again just READ.

This isn't about TMOs at all, people here are discussing how players are using games to avoid/defer international bans AFTER THE BAN HAS BEEN APPLIED. Almost every other poster here is in a dialogue about how to prevent this from happening in the most effective way.

You're still here bringing up nonsensical tangents.

How is anything I've said got anything to do with a TMO? It's obvious from you last post you have no idea what we're talking about.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:09 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43509
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
Now then, here's the problem generated by you nay-sayers down there.

The SH referees interpret Laws differently and always have done.

TMOs are used differently down there as well.

I've seen that some SH refs used them sparingly rather than as useful aids to accuracy in decision making.

The Italian refs and TMOs are terrible, they go the other way.

Ignoring or underusing the TMO is just plain wrong and that's been addressed with more interventions for foul and dangerous play, for example.

As soon as you said, "this has nothing to do with TMOs" you were wrong in my opinion.

The first Lions test was shambolic. The referee was awful and I've never seen a modern game with anything like the same number of ignored offences.

Right. You now have this thread to yourselves.

;)


Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Hanson views SBWs, Barrett kicking and next games
The conversation is about players avoiding bans by turning/saying they were going to turn out for club games.

That has absolutely nothing to do with TMOs.

Trolling for the sake of it once again.

The rest of you guys...you can see how ridiculous his comments are right?


Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: