It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Fekitoa signs for Toulom? 
World XV Player

Post Fekitoa signs for Toulom?
Despite conflicting reports from his agent and Toulon and an apparent reversal to his initial decision to revert to an NZRFU contract, Toulon have announced his signature.

I would hold fire though because it's Boudjellal ;) and he has been rattling on about compensation of 1 years wages if he doesnt sign a contract as he had signed a pre contract.

Despite some comments to the contrary a pre contract obligation does attract penalty if not confirmed....cue Ranger who wanted to reverse his pre contract but couldn't find the compensation required and had to join Montpelier.

If Fekitoa signs then he'll be the 3rd of the current AB squad to join french clubs .....Toulouse, Toulon and Montpelier.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:00 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Fekitoa signs for Toulom?
Apparently Crotty has signed for another year in NZ but was in discussion with Pau as a Conrad Smith replacement, ...however, he's reportedly left the door open pre W Cup dependent on his NZ selectionotential.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 am
World XV Player

It's all over the papers here Tel but not confirmed, prob after super finals or if Highlander's unfortunately and most unlikely get beaten by the Crusaders.

I like the guy and his play, he's been a bit quiet in super rugby this year and AB form in 2016, but a worthy All Black at his best.

He's probably number 5 or 6 centre here now so writing on the wall, good luck to him, Highlander's will miss him hard.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:20 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's sad that players up and leave when they're out of the national cause without fighting for it but I might very well do the same if I was in his position... Sad but honest :D
Best of luck to him :thumbright:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:07 pm
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
It's sad that players up and leave when they're out of the national cause without fighting for it but I might very well do the same if I was in his position... Sad but honest :D

Mm so is that the conundrum u go thru with every SA player that leaves, I hope he got paid mega bux

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:

Yep, it's why a viable pro competition in each region is so vital for rugby fans. It's bizarre that some people can't see that.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 pm